Chaingun Faeries

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

pkbrennan
Minifig

Chaingun Faeries

Post by pkbrennan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:57 pm

Chaingun Faeries are rare mythological creatures found all over Pekab (on the rare occasions that they are found, that is) that always come in threes - there is a rule about Faeries always coming in threes (see Disney's Sleeping Beauty for an example of this). Two will always have bright green transparent chainguns while the third, acting as squad leader, will have a pink wand which strangely can either fire a short burst of energy or be welded like a short blade (acting as both a pistol and a knife, essentially). Some have been hired by various Secret Police forces in the countries of Ekk for riot control (they don't mess around there).

Standard Faerie (18 CP)

Skill: 1d6
Move: 4" [8" when flying]
Armour: 5

Specialities: Compensating
Special Rule: May only fire when on the ground, obviously.

Equipment:

Chaingun: Size 2, Use 4, Range 8", Damage 1d10 - subject to Machine Gun rules.

Leader Faerie (20 CP)

Skill: 1d6+1
Move: 6" [8" when flying]
Armour: 1d6+2

Specialities: Leadership

Equipment:

Wand
  • CC Attack: Size S, Use 2, Range CC, Damage 1d6
  • Ranged Attack: Size S, Use 3, Range 6", Damage 1d6
Note: 2001 rules enables flight at 1CP for 2" with minimum of 5" to stay airborne.
Last edited by pkbrennan on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Re: Chaingun Faeries

Post by Tzan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:44 pm

The whole idea of chaingun faeries is so great that it almost makes me forget that she is really holding a gatling gun... almost.

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:43 am

What else are you going to do with trans miniguns? Bravo, sir. :guinness:
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:36 am

Tzan wrote:The whole idea of chaingun faeries is so great that it almost makes me forget that she is really holding a gatling gun... almost.
Anything that a minifig can ride is a horse, including jet bikes and motorcycles. Ergo, Any gun with multiple barrels is a chaingun, even when it is a gatling gun or a vulcan cannon. :mystery:
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:51 pm

Technically, any rapid-fire gun is a machinegun.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:04 pm

There's a lot of people who feel like there should be distinctions between carbines, rifles, heavy machineguns etc. A size 2 machinegun (2d6 damage) would do more damage per-shot than this thing at the same range.

As far as I can tell, machine-pistols (size 1 autoguns), assault rifles (bastard autoguns), and heavier machine guns (size 2+) are pretty much already covered. The in-between weapons, like a sub-machine gun and a heavy machine gun that's not quite heavy enough to need a Heavy to fire it are still kinda left out. I think giving a regular assault rifle a supernatural d8 for damage might be a good way to simulate the HMG since it gives it arc-fire for every shot, but I have mixed feelings about the penalty to damage associated with the d8s in this situation. 1d6+1d8-(distance) is pretty appropriately ludicrous damage for an autogun, though. Since it's a supernatural bonus, the minifig could always choose to treat it like a regular autogun when needed, for ranges further than 4". SMGs and smaller carbines I have a harder time working around - I just treat them like size 1 autoguns that require 2 hands, for now. I'm not sure if I should give them size 1 or bastard range though.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Do we really need to use supernatural dice for *everything*? I would just houserule some new weapons in this situation.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:38 pm

I wish not, but every time I try home-brewing something I end up thinking "huh. this would be a lot easier with just a supernatural d6." That's not necessarily a bad thing.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:10 am

I don't think supernatural dice are the best solution for autoguns in general. They may be appropriate for faerie transparent autoguns.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Kirillyos
Officer

Post by Kirillyos » Mon May 20, 2013 1:34 am

pkbrennan wrote: Anything that a minifig can ride is a horse, including jet bikes and motorcycles. Ergo, Any gun with multiple barrels is a chaingun, even when it is a gatling gun or a vulcan cannon. :mystery:
Nope, you're thinking of the term "minigun" (which is made by GE) or "rotary cannon".

Chaingun: Distinction from Gatling Gun

I used to make this mistake myself (thanks, Doom), but then I learned the difference.
Last edited by Kirillyos on Mon May 20, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LEGO are like boobs - designed for kids, but adults have plenty of fun playing with them too. ;)

Kirillyos
Officer

Post by Kirillyos » Mon May 20, 2013 1:42 am

IVhorseman wrote:As far as I can tell, machine-pistols (size 1 autoguns), assault rifles (bastard autoguns), and heavier machine guns (size 2+) are pretty much already covered. The in-between weapons, like a sub-machine gun and a heavy machine gun that's not quite heavy enough to need a Heavy to fire it are still kinda left out.
For me, there's really not enough notable distinction between machine pistols and SMGs to bother splitting them up into two different weapon classes - I just make 'em all 1" autoguns. Besides, even in real life, the line can get blurry between large machine pistols and small SMGs (take Uzis, for instance).
LEGO are like boobs - designed for kids, but adults have plenty of fun playing with them too. ;)

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Mon May 20, 2013 9:59 am

Kirillyos wrote:
Tzan wrote:Ergo, Any gun with multiple barrels is a chaingun, even when it is a gatling gun or a vulcan cannon. :mystery:
Nope, you're thinking of the term "minigun" (which is made by GE) or "rotary cannon".

Chaingun: Distinction from Gatling Gun

I used to make this mistake myself (thanks, Doom), but then I learned the difference.

Hey, you made that quote look like I said it :fist:

Kirillyos
Officer

Post by Kirillyos » Mon May 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Tzan wrote: Hey, you made that quote look like I said it :fist:
Oops, sorry about that. I was kinda tipsy/exhausted from a long weekend of partying when I posted that. Anyway, I fixed it.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Mon May 20, 2013 10:41 pm

Don't worry, I doubt he'll remember by tomorrow anyways. :wink: