Plastik Armory: Better Guns, Awesome Abilites

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Thoughts?

All totally awesome, I'll be using these myself
57%
Pretty good ideas, some that I think could be better
33%
Hit and miss, lots of these don't make sense
5%
Mostly lame, some good ideas
1%
Horrendous, confusing and unfun
4%

Total votes: 79

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Re: Plastik Armory: Better Guns, Awesome Abilites

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:15 pm

Actually now that I think about it, rolling a d10 to see if a unit is d a p p e r is hilarious.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:51 pm

Colette wrote:How about some teams can make themselves immune to all sexuality-based rules due to a complete lack of attraction to anyone?
From your posts lately I seem to get the feeling that you identify your self as an asexual person. I don't know if this is just because your hormones haven't kicked in yet but if you really are asexual I kind of feel sorry for you as to me it seems as if you are missing out on some amazing stuff. But I guess it's exactly the same kind of situation where I like different kinds of food as somebody else and it's all subjective as can be.
Anyway the thing I am trying to say is that sexuality is usually a good thing (not saying there is anything wrong with being asexual) even though many cultures and beliefs try to portray it as something bad. the US for example won't even show tits on tv but people getting murdered is fine, wtf is up with that. So kids the lesson of today is that sexual behavior, either by your self or with a willing partner, is good and IMO should be expressed as often as wanted even though a lot of authorities say it is a no-no.

Now to get back to the topic I think it only makes sense that all minfigs are some form of bisexual seeing that the amount of female minifigures is disproportionally less then the amount of male minifigures. I think the real question is how do minfigs even breed? Does it require a female? Do they even get pregnant? If so then where are all the pregnant minifgs? Do they even have genitals at all? Once we know this we can derive their logical sexuality from that. What is for certain is that the sexual aspects of minfigs are covered in mysticism and I think Stubby is the right person to come up with some hilariously twisted backstory.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:33 pm

Rulebook wrote:The proto-figs' operations culminated in the engineering of the first true minifig. Their ABS gene-splicing madness successfully gave this new fig arms, hands, legs, and even a face. Consumed with rage and bloodlust after having been submitted to experiments more gruesome than previously thought possible, the first minifig who survived broke free from his restraints, killed the proto-figs who gave him his new body, and he escaped into the world; a deadly killer genetically engineered for destruction. This first minifig was the Deadly Spaceman.

This is also how babies are made.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:39 am

Hahaha

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:19 am

Is it okay to post random ideas here? Because I have a few.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:50 pm

Please do

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:28 am

Because I'm an idiot and don't have any of them written down, they might be a little slow and undeveloped.
Here's one that I remembered.

Weighted (Size +1 CP)
A creation with Weighted is more firmly planted on the ground than usual. For the purposes of determining MOM and POP, a Weighted creation is considered one size and structure level higher. A Weighted creation's climb speed is halved, and its jump height is quartered.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Sumo wrestler!!!!

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:17 pm

No jumping or climbing is a lot more functional than quartered and halved. I don't use CP at all, but +1 for an effective extra inch of size is how it's handled in the book. At least, for minifigs.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:19 pm

Vehicle equipment:

Turbo boost ("Size CP) -- After moving, the vehicle may move 6" in whatever direction it is currently facing.

Jump jets ("Size CP) -- A vehicle with jump jets may change its movement type to Flying for one turn, but may not exceed 5" in altitude.

Maneuvering jets ("Size CP) -- A vehicle with maneuvering jets may make a turn of up to 90 degrees after moving.

Turbo Boost, Jump Jets, and Maneuvering Jets each count as weapons with Size equal to half that of the vehicle they are mounted on. This means that vehicles can't fire as many weapons as usual on the turn(s) they use them.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:40 pm

Neat, but how are these much different than supernatural dice? Vehicles can already sprint if piloted, and can have alternate forms of movement according to the creation rules.

For things similar to these (and so I don't have to come up with limits on creativity), I just specify particular elements of the vehicle that have supernatural dice. So a power generator on a starship or a nitrous tank on a hot-rod would "generate" supernatural dice, which would of course be limited to what makes sense (a 1d10 supernatural nitrous tank, for example, would let a hot rod zoom down the speedway, but not have extra armor). Maneuvering jets would have supernatural dice used towards stunt-dice for turning.

Classifying them as weapons seems a bit too far if you ask me. They come with restrictions already, and if you treat em like SN powers, they'll cost the operator just a little bit of skill.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:00 am

IVhorseman wrote:No jumping or climbing is a lot more functional than quartered and halved. I don't use CP at all, but +1 for an effective extra inch of size is how it's handled in the book. At least, for minifigs.
Or just say Half Speed, which covers all the bases. No jumping, climbing, swimming, sprinting, etc.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Halfspeed is pretty appropriate for a Sumo wrestler, but makes it harder to pull off that charge attack - 2 turns at least. So far, it's equivalent to all of the penalties of Heavy Armor, but without the added benefit of actually being armor. If someone wanted to field a muscled-up PCP soldier (like Bane or something, for example), going half speed would make a physical attacker like that a lot less intimidating. The remedies for that of course are to either pay for more movement so that he can go ahead and actually make charges, or to just pay to increase his structure level by one and bypass the ability entirely. increasing simulated structure level past that can already be handled by supernatural dice.

Having a single ability that increases simulated structure level that CAN'T do activities that require moving at half speed (climbing, jumping, swimming) however, seems like a simpler approach.

EDIT: Also, Heavies can get extra PoP by compensating. Technically they'd build up more MoM too, but they'd have to move to do that.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:37 am

The original idea was to make something harder to move. Stuff that might be bolted to the ground might have Weighted so they don't just go flying when they get hit by something big. And the jumping/climbing thing is just a trade off to apply it to stuff that can move around on their own, like minifigs.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Inanimate objects can compensate, right?