Brikverse thread.

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Brikverse thread.

Postby piltogg » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:58 pm

Alright, so at the moment in the brikverse we've finally got something of a plot-line going on that could be used for like actual game hooks and produce some pretty interesting results, I know a lot of the akkadian/piltogg/artifax/penises/third alliance related story bits, because that's what I'm involved with, but there are probably bunches of things going on with other people's armies that could also be directly related. So, I felt that it would be nice if we could use this thread to kind of compile some story bits into something that we can work with more easily so that we can have more of an active role in the brik-universe than just a everybody is killing everybody else or there's an alliance foring and there's a war going on sort of storyline. You know? Like I feel like the game would be greatly enriched if we had some sort of springboard to launch our games off of based in an epic story. So I'll provide all of the information related to the stuff that I know a lot about, in a condensed text form, and then you guys can comment about some other stuff that's going on currently. Please don't mention things if they could only possibly apply to your army, as this section should be about the brik-verse in general, and not just about some certain faction trying to gain more planets or something.

The age of the great revolutions
These are the ancient times, with official legore, megablok and so on story-lines for official themes. This period of history encompasses all of the sets and characters that have already been provided for us, and it's chronological order is based off of the year that the set was produced in. It can make for some pretty great battles, and you don't need to do as much planning work to make it interesting, because all that's already been done for you. It isn't really necessary to describe this part of history, as any AFOL would be able to tell you a lot about it. It's a time of pureism, and worship of the great builder. "the good old days", i.e. when you were a kid and played with legos.

The age of random ass alliances and shit
this would be the whole immortal war, third alliance, allied nations, triangleists and various random battles that people have played out in any army vs. army sort of way. In this era, things are pretty simple, people just sort of build armies and then have those armies shoot or slash at each-other until one of the armies is dead. It's nothing terribly interesting, but everyone gets all hot ad bothered about what alliance they are in, and whether they star nation is pro- or anti- some sort of thing and it's all rather silly and pointless.

the age when shit just got real
This is the age where big problems start to arise, while everyone was busy shooting the shit and forming alliances, the forces of true evil began to grow and to take hold in the brik-verse. Peach mutations, and nega-verse incursions run rapid. Talk of raving penis hordes frighten space-sailors everywhere, causing entire civilizations to become peaceful and friendly. Blokbots, and self-replicating androids aim to wipe out all of minifig kind. And cults of various descriptions are a prevalent feature in nearly every civilization, brikthulu being a primary deity. Meanwhile, taking advantage of all this chaos, crime syndicates of various forms are forming all across the galaxy; space pirates, drug-dealers, mafias, assassins, and even entire secret societies are now all quite common place. Why all of this is occurring is not quite certain. But many speak of a coming Ragnablok.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Re: Brikverse thread.

Postby piltogg » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:15 pm

Faction: Brikthuluminati

A very shady group of individuals; nothing is known about their ultimate objectives. One member seems to be Piltogg, who with the help of a few other heroes from around the galaxy such as Lt. Krus, Ross Varn and Clones of Brag, are attempting to collect all of the artifax of precreation for some reason or another which is unknown. Speculators speculate that it probably has something or other to do with preventing Ragnablok from occuring, while others guess that it has something to do with a time-machine which could allow a return to the classic age, and even more others believe that it's just happening because well... collecting strange and shiny objects with cool names is just what you do if you are a hero. Regardless of the reasoning; one thing is clear; nobody knows what it is.

Speaking of things that nobody knows what they are, it's important to note that nobody knows much of anything about the brikthuluminati, as a result of this, many conspiracy theorist throughout the land have come to the conclusion that somehow, Brikthulu cults, My little penises, Rainbow-transparent drugs, the prevalence of nazi-factions, and piltogg's quest are all in some way related. How this could be possible, in another thing that nobody knows about. Did I mention that nobody knows about it??

Gameplay:

The brikthuluminati are basically just a blanket plot-device so that whatever ridiculous plot you might want to have in your game can be accomplished as easily as saying that it was all planned form the very beginning by some super-genius in a cloak on a far-off planet. Literally any plot-line you might think of can magically start to make sense just because the brikthuluminati is somehow involved. It should be noted though, that actual brikthuluminati members should not be used in combat. Just various factions and other elements that are being manipulated by the society should be.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Silverdream » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Faction: Cthulic Church

The Cthulic Church is run by a sloop pope and influences several great and powerful empires They are very corrupt, but also very purist. Nobody knows that they are merely a finger of the Brikthuluminati. They pray for the second coming of Jesus H. Raptor, a son of Brikthulu. He and his Angles will vanquish the impure peaches, trolls, megablox and noobs through holy triangular warfare in the Crapture.

Their religion and belief system like many others evolved from both Trianglism and Brikthulu worship.

Gameplay: Many nations who vehemently hate peaches are simply in the pockets of the Cthulic Church, which is secretly controlled by the Brikthuluminati, which is secretly controlled by [redacted]. This is an easy way for people to explain the motives and beliefs behind nations and characters.

Faction: Silvadream

Silvadream is a hypocratic psychotic vulgarian, however he has proliferated himself throughout the brikverse, with the highest amount of Silva in the Yellow Sector. Even though Silvadream is retarded, he is able to build rainbow factories that build Silvadreams on top of other abominations. Silvadream loves tricking people and trolling people, as is revealed in the Magic Soap Opera, [TBD]. However his main goal and dream is to have people pay attention to him because of how smart and handsome he is. He also chooses minifigs and beings throughout the brikverse to be his alts. His alts are given OP stats and used as puppets. People don't know this yet, but Admiral Byron DeSilva is a Silvadream alt.

Gameplay: I still have to make five soap operas.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Natalya » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:53 am

Faction: Trianglists AKA Geometric Cult of Doom
Trianglism is a compound religion that started with belief in the divinity of the shape of the triangle but then appropriated as its own the belief in Raptor Jesus to win over the masses of Raptor Jesus followers in the early days of the religion.

History:
The Trianglist religion began in G.R. 2007 when Pesgores of Lisboa said Triable Job. At this utterance, the curvature of space-time was suddenly visible to all present, and it looked triangular. This Non-Euclidean Geometry didn't actually make any sense. Normally if space-time were curved, the result would be triangles with either less than or more than 180° between their angles. But it turned out that the Super-Structure of the BrikVerse was actually showing itself to be triangular, where all shapes could suddenly be thought of as transformed triangles. Mathematicians have heard this and they explain it away as an impossible fantasy of deluded minifigures and dimmies. Those mathematicians are routinely burned at the stake. Many Trianglists now worship The Great Triangle or simply The Great ▲ as the supreme ruler of the BrikVerse, although to date no one knows where the myth of The Great ▲ came from. Other Trianglists instead worship the second coming of our carnivorous savior, Raptor Jesus. They believe that his sharp and pointy teeth and claws are formed in the shape of the ▲ and are holy. The conflation of bad geometry and Raptor Jesus has allowed Trianglism to bring in more and more followers by giving Trianglism mass appeal. This makes it the most popular religion in the Nehellenium Galaxy, with the possible exception of the shit religion of the poo-worshiping Dungans whose numbers are hard to measure.

The basic beliefs of modern Trianglism are:
- The ▲ rules all
- All shapes come from the ▲
- The ▲ is the most powerful shape
- Raptor Jesus was a follower of early Trianglism
- Raptor Jesus is divine because of his triangular claws and teeth
- Raptor Jesus went extinct for our sins but will return
- The ▲ represents the trinity between the Great Builder, Raptor Jesus, and the ABS building blocks of the BrikVerse

Game-play:
Trianglists are interesting to add to a game because they will naturally start religious holy wars against followers of all other religions such as Brikthulumination, the Dodekube, and the Invisible Pink Unicorn. Triangular Mages can be brought forth to convert the civilian populace in a BrikWar to the religion of Trianglism. These new cult fanatics will do anything if they think it to be sufficiently triangular or violent. The Mages can also cast triangular spells using the forbidden art of trigonometry to create triangular force-fields, electric pyramids, and of course if three Triangular Mages work together they can create the deadly Bermuda Triangle which will liquify anything that falls in it.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Zupponn » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:06 pm

Faction: Hammerman

While not much is really known about the mysterious Hammerman, one thing is certain. He appears where he is needed most and usually to stop megalomaniacs from trying to control the Brikverse. Normal fighting between factions in the Brikverse are usually ignored because this the will of the Great 2x2. Minifigs are born to fight and destroy and they should always be allowed to do so. It is believed then that the Great 2x2 created Hammerman to enact his justice upon those who wish to control all, for if all were to be united as one, then there would be no fighting. Thus the Brikverse would collapse upon itself and all would cease to exist. A minifigs own free will is the most sacred of things to Hammerman, and he therefore hates all things undead and all forms of mind control.

Gameplay:
Hammerman has abilities very similar to that of Thor, and his hammer is very similar to Mjolnir. He is a silent warrior who fights alone and doesn't follow anyone. He is willing to team up with those that have proven themselves to him, but other than that follows his own unknown agenda. Hammerman can never truly be killed, but if he is ever defeated he disappears, leaving behind nothing except a little OT residue. This leads to rumors that Hammerman was created by the Dread Pirate 2x2 and born from the original OTC. This is just speculation though as there is very little recorded data about him, leading some minifigs to even deny his existence, and keeping the solitary figure shrouded in mystery.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby piltogg » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:37 pm

Plot: Purge the Heretic

All is going well in your star-civilisation, when all of the sudden conspiracy theorists start posting menacing pictures on their brickbook accounts. It seems, so they say, that the Brikthuluminati have infiltrated you very own homeworld! There are traitors in your midst, but who are they??? The governor? The local hobo? The pizza delivery guy? Nobody is quite sure who's to blame, but boy, do the accusations keep on coming!

Gameplay:

This is a "witch-hunt" scenario for two players set in the age where shit just got real. One player will play as the military/police units of the city/town, while the other player will play as all of the civilians, animals, inanimate objects, and military commanders. All of the characters under player two's control should be listed out on a piece of paper and assigned a number. There should be about 2/3 as many civilians as there are military personal, and both forces should be equipped in whatever way seems appropriate.

The way that this works out, is that the civilian player will assign three of his characters to be "members of the brikthuluminati" by denoting those three names on his paper. And he will also have some objective planned out for them that seems appropriate to the given situation; every civilian character will have their own objective that is) . Now, at the start of every turn, the military will be released with the warrant for another characters death. This will be decided by having the military player guess a number, and the number that is guessed is the minifig that the military is now allowed to kill. (although, they could certainly come up with ways of killing minifigs "accidentally" if they were creative enough) In game, this happens because the online conspiracy theorist have unveiled new evidence suggesting that ____ is actually a member of the brikthuluminati.

Victory conditions:
If all three of the brikthuluminati members achieve their objectives, then player two wins, whereas if all three are killed, then the military wins. Conversely, if all mini-figs on either side win, it can be considered that if all members of the military are killed, then a revolution has occurred, and in this case, the brikthuluminati will also be considered to be the victors.

Note: this has not been playtested yet, and some tweaks may need to be made, for example, the conspiracy theorists might release two names rather than one, or, all of the brikthuluminati's objectives are designed to appear benign, but in fact, they are setting up some form of trap to kill the military with. The basic idea is to play around with what you have built to maximize the quackery and to have a lot of fun with it.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Colette » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:15 pm

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9737&hilit=fourth+of+july

I already proposed something like that idea, although it never it barely got started. The idea was that there were various assassins of different affiliations spread out in a mass of civilians, and the local military would have to root them out through random inspections.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Return to General Discussion