The Armoury

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

pkbrennan
Minifig

Re: The Armoury

Post by pkbrennan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:07 am

You wanna know how we turned all those Piltogg spies dropped into Britain throughout the war?

Once we caught them, we tortured the fuck out of them.
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:26 pm

Actually, they just paid them better than Germany did. It's been the easiest way to convert a spy since the B.C. days.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:30 pm

Plus the Abwehr was pretty shitty because their leader wasn't a fan of Piltogg. Britain and the USA could get them on their side by un-brainwashing them.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:52 am

That's the "official line", yes. But the official line is just propaganda.

We had torture centres throughout greater London in order to turn Abwehr spies that were caught within the UK, as well as for "debriefing" captured senior military personnel. It was through this use of torture during the Second World War, the fall of the British Empire afterwards, and the Northern Irish Troubles that the British Secret Services perfected the Five Techniques of Torture and then disseminated them to the Americans and Commonwealth allies.

Sources: Cobain, Ian; Cruel Britannia - A Secret History of Torture | Elkins, Caroline; Britain's Gulag - The Brutal End of Empire in Kenya | Anderson, David; Histories of the Hanged - Britain's Dirty War in Kenya and the End of Empire
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."

ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Post by ikensall » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:17 pm

Not to disagree with your point, but I'm pretty sure that the same goes for almost every nation at some time or other. Besides, it's not like the Gestapo are well known for any sort of torture business I'm sure they were just misunderstood- like H1tler was, actually. If anything, I'd recommend at-least taking some enjoyment from having a pretty awesome secret service legacy (despite Churchill being quite the war criminal at times), there's crowds of self-righteous people waiting to diminish any semblance of national pride you might have for you afterwards. (If I remember correctly, you're from the U.K)

ALSO: Dig deep enough into internet conspiracy theories, and anything is possible!

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:26 pm

ikensall wrote:Not to disagree with your point, but I'm pretty sure that the same goes for almost every nation at some time or other. Besides, it's not like the Gestapo are well known for any sort of torture business I'm sure they were just misunderstood- like H1tler was, actually. If anything, I'd recommend at-least taking some enjoyment from having a pretty awesome secret service legacy (despite Churchill being quite the war criminal at times), there's crowds of self-righteous people waiting to diminish any semblance of national pride you might have for you afterwards. (If I remember correctly, you're from the U.K)

ALSO: Dig deep enough into internet conspiracy theories, and anything is possible!
Yeah, Canada itself partook in the most bloody genocide of all time.

We also locked up nisei and their families in farms and auctioned off all their possessions. It may sound nice to live on a Canadian farm and enjoy the beautiful landscape but it's not when you and 50 other families have to shit in the same place and live in cattle stalls.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:56 am

requesting that "the" be changed to "da' " in the armoory. Thus it would becoem Da' Armoory

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:41 pm

D'amore

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:13 pm

There is still no picture in the OP.

alot
Champion
Champion

Post by alot » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:09 pm

Colette wrote:There is still no picture in the OP.
probably cos u delted it like the Piltogg u r
bet u r wite too