IRON MAN 3

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

IRON MAN 3

Postby samuelzz10 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:04 pm

I saw it, and it is now in my top 5 favorite films.
The beginning was a bit rocky, but after 15 minutes it really got it's footing. I think it's best strength was that it was thick into the continuity the past films laid out, and that Tony has no armor for like half the film.

MY TOP 5:
1: Iron man 3
2: Anchorman: the legend of Ron Burgundy
3: Office Space
4: Ghostbusters
5: life of Pi
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Re: IRON MAN 3

Postby Silverdream » Sun May 05, 2013 9:18 pm

I like the movies in your top 5 (with the exception of Office Space and Iron Man 3 because I haven't seen the latter).

Out of curiousity, how did you feel about Iron Man 2?

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby samuelzz10 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:13 pm

Silverdream wrote:I like the movies in your top 5 (with the exception of Office Space and Iron Man 3 because I haven't seen the latter).

Out of curiousity, how did you feel about Iron Man 2?
A lot of people see it as either good or bad, but I saw it as good. I just think there were a few major issues, like how they kept foreshadowing his suitcase suit for 10 fucking minutes even though he used it once, for 3 minutes. I think it's a 7/10 movie, 1 being an 8.5/10 and 3 being a 11/10 (I can only ever have one 11 out of 10 film, btw)
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Sun May 05, 2013 10:33 pm

I rooted for Vanko until his drones took like 15 minutes to fire a single round at Iron Man.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Kalvinator » Sun May 05, 2013 10:52 pm

My friends went to go see this without me even though I said I wanted to go...no big deal though...the bastereds
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby Bragallot » Mon May 06, 2013 5:16 pm

Went to see it with some friends, been a long time since I saw a superhero movie, 'cos tbh, I couldn't care less about them, but I heard Tony Stark was actually a funny guy and not the 'you gotta take me seriously! I am the man! I am the badass! You must think of me as the badass!' kind of superhero, and also has some characterization to him, plus Robert Downey was great in Due Date, so I had good expectations. I wouldn't put it in my 'favourite movies of all time' list (even if I had such a list somewhere) but it was definitely good. The start was a little bit slow, I didn't think the enemies were all that impressive, but overall I thought it was very good, especially Ben Kingsley who deserves an award as best supporting actor for just that role, honestly I'd only seen him in serious roles and didn't know he could pull this off as well. Amazing actor. The laughs were probably the best thing about the movie, especially the henchman who's like 'honestly I don't even enjoy working here all that much, horrible people.' and then Tony lets him go x')
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Zupponn wrote:Everybody needs a sand green codpiece.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby samuelzz10 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:15 pm

Bragallot wrote:Went to see it with some friends, been a long time since I saw a superhero movie, 'cos tbh, I couldn't care less about them, but I heard Tony Stark was actually a funny guy and not the 'you gotta take me seriously! I am the man! I am the badass! You must think of me as the badass!' kind of superhero, and also has some characterization to him, plus Robert Downey was great in Due Date, so I had good expectations. I wouldn't put it in my 'favourite movies of all time' list (even if I had such a list somewhere) but it was definitely good. The start was a little bit slow, I didn't think the enemies were all that impressive, but overall I thought it was very good, especially Ben Kingsley who deserves an award as best supporting actor for just that role, honestly I'd only seen him in serious roles and didn't know he could pull this off as well. Amazing actor. The laughs were probably the best thing about the movie, especially the henchman who's like 'honestly I don't even enjoy working here all that much, horrible people.' and then Tony lets him go x')
I don't see why you don't like superhero films. weird penis never thought of himself as a badass, but I digress. What are some of your favorite films? it better not be some art house french bullshit
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Mon May 06, 2013 10:17 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:I don't see why you don't like superhero films. weird penis never thought of himself as a badass, but I digress. What are some of your favorite films? it better not be some art house french bullshit

What filters to Weird Penis? Superman? Aquaman? Blade? Batman? The Shadow?

I think many superhero movies focus too much on the origin, which isn't necessary. In The Incredibles, it isn't explained where superheroes got their powers because it doesn't really contribute to the plot, and the lack of a true origin doesn't weaken the film at all. People know what superpowers are and what superheroes are, if you don't explain your character's entire past it makes them more interesting. Also, most superhero movies have the exact same schlocky plot and take themselves way too seriously while doing it.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Kalvinator » Mon May 06, 2013 10:34 pm

Silverdream wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:I don't see why you don't like superhero films. weird penis never thought of himself as a badass, but I digress. What are some of your favorite films? it better not be some art house french bullshit

What filters to Weird Penis? Superman? Aquaman? Blade? Batman? The Shadow?

ironman maybe?

Also, I agree with you on the origin part, at least about them being un-needed anyways. But, it is interesting to see their takes on the origin of the hero.
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:01 am

The filtered word is s p i d e r m a n. but I think the defining momen that makes a hero turn into a hero is important. (Like uncle Ben dying)
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Tue May 07, 2013 12:34 am

Sure, that's important, but I mean Peter Porker getting bitten by a radioactive spider.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby stubby » Tue May 07, 2013 12:39 am

Fucking spiders. They bite some nerdy photo dweeb and it's all "woo superpowers" and then they bite the guy from Slayer and he DIES.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Bragallot » Tue May 07, 2013 1:56 am

stubby wrote:Fucking spiders. They bite some nerdy photo dweeb and it's all "woo superpowers" and then they bite the guy from Slayer and he DIES.

QFT

Now I'm wondering whose name filters into... 'weird penis' edit: ooh so it's spidy.

I like gangster movies, particularly ones with Robert Deniro and / or Al Pacino. I like most movies with Jack Nicholson (the actors tend to draw my attention to a movie rather than the genre by itself). Also Sci-fi like Alien / Aliens (and to a lesser degree Alien III, definitely not Alien IV though, that one was a disgrace), Starship Troopers movies (the last one, Invasion, was very good) or historical films (though these tend to be propaganda too often, take for example 'Elizabeth', that's historical mutilation) like Joan of Arc: the Messenger / Braveheart / the Patriot / Enemy at the Gates or fantasy movies like Dragonheart or the original Merlin. V for Vendetta and Jurassic Park are probably among my favourites, too.

I know they're bad, but I enjoy films with Steven Seagal as well because I think they're hilarious.

I think superhero movies are - most of the time - very one-dimensional, quite predictable (it's always about weird transformations and the need for lots of cartoons means the source material may often begin to repeat itself, take for example Happy turning into 'the Freak' twice), lacking moral ambiguity and, of course, tend to be too focused on 1 single individual, whereas I'm always more interested in groups of people and the dynamics between them, even more so if they're important to the story. Basically what Silva said. I have a hard time caring about a guy flying around in a tight latex suit. I did like watching the cartoons on action tv as a kid though, but there's something about making a cartoon into live action that requires a certain approach which I feel a lot of directors lack. You need to be able to keep true to the original concept somehow, keep showing the origins. The live action movie of Rurouni Kenshin is a good example on how to do this, imo, it really kept the feel of the original anime.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Zupponn wrote:Everybody needs a sand green codpiece.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Zupponn » Thu May 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Just saw Irom Man 3 today, and while it was good, it doesn't crack my top 5.

Not in any order:

Gettysburg
The Fighter
The Dark Knight Rises
Miracle
Air Force One

And the funniest thing is that if you asked me tomorrow I probably would give you a completely different list. :lol:
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby Silverdream » Thu May 09, 2013 7:33 pm

Zupponn wrote:The Dark Knight Rises

:troll:

Silverdream
Blockguy

Next

Return to General Discussion