M513 STORMWIND APC

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

M513 STORMWIND APC

Post by Ben-Jammin » Tue May 07, 2013 11:41 am

I've recently been playing around with the idea of updating or replacing my oldest MOC, the Infiltrator APC. After two Bricklink orders, doubling the size and versatility of the Infiltrator, adding a new turret, injecting some steroids, and hours of playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R., I present to you my newest Calvarian build: The STORMWIND!

I'm particularly fond of this build, perhaps because I gave it the colors of the 99th Rock Raiders Division [/pitiful reference to one of favorite lego lines]. For allies of the Empire, models of the new Stormwind will be available soon, so start coughing up those bills if you want one! I'm sure you'd like to see all the bells and whistles though, so lets get started!

Guiding us on our tour of this epic beast of battle is the lovely Victoria. Say hi to the audience! Unlike the Stormwind, she is not for sale.

Here's a look at the front of the Stormwind. The front end is much thicker than the Infiltrator, and with a lot more push behind it, the Stormwind can ram through even the thickest walls! The view hatches for the pilot and gunner are also smaller and thicker, reducing the likelihood of a stray sniper bullet spraying their brains all over the Stormwind's nice interior!

I'm sure you all remember the Infiltrator's thin, vulnerable turret? Not so with the Stormwind! The M513 features a massive rounded turret that can ward off all but the heaviest shots. It features a 30mm autocannon that has more power than the Infiltrator's, and also features and ATGM Launcher for solid punch against tanks! The turret also has a sensor unit that can detect enemy units closeby!

Here you can see the rear of the Stormwind. There are some clips for storing gear, some spare fuel cells, and a large ventilation duct that also features a buttplug to protect the occupants from radioactive fallout or biological/atmospheric hazards!

Oh no! Victoria is all tied up in the Stormwind's sturdy tow cable! AGAIN! Any helpers?

On a lesser note, you can also see the rear access hatch for the Stormwind's interior.

Now that she's out of that bind, what say we check out the inside?

Here you can see the Stormwind's spacious interior. Comfy! There's enough room in here for eight soldiers and their weapons, while heavier weapons such as HMGs, Rocket Launchers, and Anti-Material rifles can be stored in the front. Victoria doesn't seem to have a problem making hers fit!

Another fantastic feature about the Stormwind is that it is the first Calvarian APC to feature side access hatches for even quicker deployment! Just watch out for the wheels; that step's a doozy!

Victoria is also careful to point out the jumper plate near the exit? What could that be for?

FOR MOUNTING HUGE-ASS MACHINE GUNS, THAT'S WHAT!!!!!!

Victoria is a big fan of big guns, and when it comes to big guns, the Stormwind does not disappoint!

Here is a shot showing off the side hatches in action. You can also get a good look at the Stormwind's long, sloping armor, which is immune to most small-arms fire and resistant to explosives.

And now a view of the cockpit. Victoria is at the driver's seat; let's hope she can restrain herself and keep from driving off with the Stormwind! On the left is the gunner's station, while the scanner controls and gear shift are in the middle.

After analyzing the Stormwind, you should ask yourself, "Why wouldn't I buy this kick-ass death machine?" You get some serious firepower, plus fast and comfortable transport for your troops, and you get to ram into enemy defenses with the reinforced frontal armor! Rapid deployment and the ability to carry loads of gear make the Stormwind one of the most versatile and effective vehicles in the Brikverse! Pick up the armored infantry and the ladies in style! Don't let the offer go to waste, get yours today!

BONUS:

Some comparison pics of the Stormwind with the other Calvarian IFV/APC/LAV/AMV/Whatever variants, the Tempest and the Invader:

Take your pick of small, medium or large!

And here's a comparison between the Stormwind and the Typhoon:

When it comes to size, there's no stopping the Stormwind! The Typhoon wins out in terms of dakka though.

Until the next tank rolls off the assembly line, enjoy!

And remember, when it comes to armor, read my signature.

ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Re: M513 STORMWIND APC

Post by ikensall » Tue May 07, 2013 2:45 pm

She's a real beauty, and the build isn't too bad either :lol: Warhead jokes, for the good old times!

The shape of the rounded turret looks pretty interesting, and the outside details really make vehicles better to look at. I'd normally make a suggestion now, but I've had a look, and i can't really think of much. :tiger:

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Tue May 07, 2013 3:42 pm

This one is pretty awesome!
What size and structure level is it?
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Tue May 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Very nice build, I love it. The color scheme though...eh. :?

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Tue May 07, 2013 8:07 pm

Apollyon wrote:This one is pretty awesome!
What size and structure level is it?
Structure level was going to be 2d10, I didn't measure it though, so I'm guessing about 8"? The Typhoon is about 6.
Kalvinator wrote:Very nice build, I love it. The color scheme though...eh. :?
Don't you dare insult my dark turquoise.

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Tue May 07, 2013 8:44 pm

Very well done, the only way the tour could be more brikwarsy is if it was given by a keg of beer.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Tue May 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:
Its not the turquoise. that looks beautiful...I think it might be the brown that's there.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue May 07, 2013 11:14 pm

Really cool. Might I suggest using the word fuck instead of snuggle. Plus snuggle is snuggle.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Wed May 08, 2013 6:46 am

Kalvinator wrote:
Ben-Jammin wrote:
Its not the turquoise. that looks beautiful...I think it might be the brown that's there.
Oh yeah, I put that in because I noticed a slight bit of brown on some Rock Raiders vehicles, even if it was just a single piece. I think I'll change it to Dark Gray, but maybe black since I have more of those black slopes at the moment.
Scratch wrote:Very well done, the only way the tour could be more brikwarsy is if it was given by a keg of beer.
Why didn't I think of that!?!?!

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Thu May 09, 2013 6:44 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:
Scratch wrote:Very well done, the only way the tour could be more brikwarsy is if it was given by a keg of beer.
Why didn't I think of that!?!?!
Insert beer keg. Take more pics.

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Wed May 15, 2013 8:47 pm

Now that's an APC!
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

R4m3N
Hero

Post by R4m3N » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Oh my god, armored vehicle marketing!

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:32 pm

R4m3N wrote:Oh my god, armored vehicle marketing!
Gotta make a profit somehow!

R4m3N
Hero

Post by R4m3N » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:29 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:
R4m3N wrote:Oh my god, armored vehicle marketing!
Gotta make a profit somehow!
Hahaha ;)