IRON MAN 3

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: IRON MAN 3

Postby Kalvinator » Thu May 09, 2013 9:27 pm

That's my favorite.
Image
User avatar
Kalvinator
in need of one still
 
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 am
Location: Waiting for a spontaneous warp to another galaxy.

Re: IRON MAN 3

Postby samuelzz10 » Thu May 09, 2013 11:59 pm

Silverdream wrote:
Zupponn wrote:The Dark Knight Rises


:troll:
Was batman ever any good? His whole character is one dimensional and boring. I've tried to like him, but I never can.
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: IRON MAN 3

Postby Silverdream » Fri May 10, 2013 12:27 am

In 1989.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7758
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Re: IRON MAN 3

Postby Zupponn » Fri May 10, 2013 12:47 am

I actually really like the animated movies that they've done. Stuff like Under the Red Hood and The Dark Knight Returns have been insanely awesome.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: IRON MAN 3

Postby Arkbrik » Fri May 10, 2013 7:05 am

TOP 3 IRON MOVIES

1. Iron Giant
2. Iron Man 3
3. Anything with Jeremy Irons

TOP 3 MAN MOVIES

1. Children of Men
2. Batman (1989)
3. Fate of a Man
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
User avatar
Arkbrik
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2536
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:18 am
Location: Sweden

Re: IRON MAN 3

Postby IVhorseman » Fri May 10, 2013 10:54 am

If you have Netflix, go watch the old Batman animated series. Or Batman Beyond. They're both really good.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6511
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Re: IRON MAN 3

Postby Tzan » Fri May 10, 2013 1:58 pm

IVhorseman wrote:If you have Netflix, go watch the old Batman animated series. Or Batman Beyond. They're both really good.


Yup!
Mark Hamill as the Joker was amazing.
User avatar
Tzan
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5027
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: IRON MAN 3

Postby Kalvinator » Fri May 10, 2013 3:09 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:
Silverdream wrote:
Zupponn wrote:The Dark Knight Rises


:troll:
Was batman ever any good? His whole character is one dimensional and boring. I've tried to like him, but I never can.


You shut your whore mouth about Batman, he's awesome.
Image
User avatar
Kalvinator
in need of one still
 
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 am
Location: Waiting for a spontaneous warp to another galaxy.

Re: IRON MAN 3

Postby samuelzz10 » Fri May 10, 2013 4:26 pm

Kalvinator wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:
Silverdream wrote:
Zupponn wrote:The Dark Knight Rises


:troll:
Was batman ever any good? His whole character is one dimensional and boring. I've tried to like him, but I never can.


You shut your whore mouth about Batman, he's awesome.

Iron man is also rich and troubled, but he has way more personal problems and real issues people actually have than some un-relateable madman who can somehow stand toe-to-toe with the whole fucking justice league
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: IRON MAN 3

Postby Kalvinator » Fri May 10, 2013 5:59 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:
Kalvinator wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:
Silverdream wrote:
Zupponn wrote:The Dark Knight Rises


:troll:
Was batman ever any good? His whole character is one dimensional and boring. I've tried to like him, but I never can.


You shut your whore mouth about Batman, he's awesome.

Iron man is also rich and troubled, but he has way more personal problems and real issues people actually have than some un-relateable madman who can somehow stand toe-to-toe with the whole fucking justice league


Dude, have you actually read any of the comics? Come back then. If you want to look at his more personal problems, I recommend reading The Long Halloween, and then the sequel Dark Victory.
Image
User avatar
Kalvinator
in need of one still
 
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 am
Location: Waiting for a spontaneous warp to another galaxy.

Re: IRON MAN 3

Postby IVhorseman » Fri May 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Or The Killing Joke.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6511
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Re: IRON MAN 3

Postby aoffan23 » Fri May 10, 2013 9:22 pm

To say superheroes are dumb because they're grouped with more powerful people is just ridiculous. Batman was created as an individual character, so evaluate him as one.

Also ridiculous: calling Batman one-dimensional, but then really liking Iron Man. Both are rich and influential, have crippling trauma that constantly haunts them, and use technology rather than super powers to fight. Their sole purposes are to bring a more graspable, science-centric twist to the superhero genre. How can that make one of them one-dimensional and the other amazing?
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.



I agree with Warhead.
User avatar
aoffan23
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3221
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:41 pm
Location: America's conjoined twin.

Re: IRON MAN 3

Postby Kalvinator » Fri May 10, 2013 11:30 pm

aoffan23 wrote:To say superheroes are dumb because they're grouped with more powerful people is just ridiculous. Batman was created as an individual character, so evaluate him as one.

Also ridiculous: calling Batman one-dimensional, but then really liking Iron Man. Both are rich and influential, have crippling trauma that constantly haunts them, and use technology rather than super powers to fight. Their sole purposes are to bring a more graspable, science-centric twist to the superhero genre. How can that make one of them one-dimensional and the other amazing?

:owned:

IVhorseman wrote:Or The Killing Joke.


Haven't read that one but its on the list.
Image
User avatar
Kalvinator
in need of one still
 
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 am
Location: Waiting for a spontaneous warp to another galaxy.

Re: IRON MAN 3

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat May 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Kalvinator wrote:
aoffan23 wrote:To say superheroes are dumb because they're grouped with more powerful people is just ridiculous. Batman was created as an individual character, so evaluate him as one.

Also ridiculous: calling Batman one-dimensional, but then really liking Iron Man. Both are rich and influential, have crippling trauma that constantly haunts them, and use technology rather than super powers to fight. Their sole purposes are to bring a more graspable, science-centric twist to the superhero genre. How can that make one of them one-dimensional and the other amazing?

:owned:

IVhorseman wrote:Or The Killing Joke.


Haven't read that one but its on the list.

I never said he was dumb because he's on a team, I think it's dumb he can basically kill all of the justice league (in the doom comics) and also iron man stands out more because technology is his life. Batman has a wild fantasy of ridding the world of criminals, while iron man is just doing the job, while being pained by what he has become, a troubled former alcoholic playboy who wishes it was simpler. Sure, batman's friends have died but to me it seems iron man is a better character. Batman isn't even fun to read because he is an elusive maniac with an extremely small grasp on reality who still hasn't gotten over the death of his parents.
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: IRON MAN 3

Postby Silverdream » Sat May 11, 2013 12:53 pm

Batman defends Gotham from criminals, and occasionally the world from super villain.

Also Hush is good.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7758
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron