IRON MAN 3

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: IRON MAN 3

Postby aoffan23 » Sat May 11, 2013 1:18 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:I think it's dumb he can basically kill all of the justice league (in the doom comics)

So because one writer interpreted him that way, the whole character is dumb? The Batman and Robin movie was terrible, but that doesn't make Batman and Robin terrible characters. It just means someone decided to do what they wanted with the character, and it never caught on like Bonn-o-Tron. I get that many different writers and artists contribute to the canon of long-standing comics, but to completely shoot down a character because of something one writer put into the story.

If I were to write a comic about Iron Man time travelling to ancient Greece, summoning all the gods down to Earth and then killing them all with lasers, would it automatically make Iron Man a bad character?

samuelzz10 wrote:Batman has a wild fantasy of ridding the world of criminals, while iron man is just doing the job

Your definition of "one-dimensional" is really screwed up. How is having a goal one-dimensional, but just doing something because you have to isn't?
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat May 11, 2013 1:50 pm

aoffan23 wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:I think it's dumb he can basically kill all of the justice league (in the doom comics)

So because one writer interpreted him that way, the whole character is dumb? The Batman and Robin movie was terrible, but that doesn't make Batman and Robin terrible characters. It just means someone decided to do what they wanted with the character, and it never caught on like Bonn-o-Tron. I get that many different writers and artists contribute to the canon of long-standing comics, but to completely shoot down a character because of something one writer put into the story.

If I were to write a comic about Iron Man time travelling to ancient Greece, summoning all the gods down to Earth and then killing them all with lasers, would it automatically make Iron Man a bad character?

samuelzz10 wrote:Batman has a wild fantasy of ridding the world of criminals, while iron man is just doing the job

Your definition of "one-dimensional" is really screwed up. How is having a goal one-dimensional, but just doing something because you have to isn't?

well, doom is now part of mainstream batman continuity and if iron man did the same with the avengers I would say "WTF?" and get confused too. (but then again, if the hulk and thor were not part of the avengers at the time it is slightly probable but that's besides the point) and yeah, that's a bad way of saying batman's one dimensional but hey, is the killing joke better than demon in a bottle? killing joke is "batgirl is handicapped, batman goes like "LOL FUCK DIS SHIT I'M A BAT" and he breaks in and rescues Gordon and arrests joker while joker gives a supposedly philosophical speech about "the world is dark, why bother."" I don't think it's all that great, you are entitled to your own opinion but whatever.
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Sat May 11, 2013 2:09 pm

You're not my friend anymore.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat May 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Silverdream wrote:You're not my friend anymore.

But.... I won the award.... :(
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Sat May 11, 2013 2:53 pm

You still have a 2013 Silvie, but next year it's going to go to Kalvinator because he let me repost one of his vectors on reddit.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Tzan » Sat May 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Silverdream wrote:You still have a 2013 Silvie, but next year it's going to go to Kalvinator because he let me repost one of his vectors on reddit.

Here, you can have one of my vectors:

new Vector3(1.5, 2.83, -5.6)
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Zupponn » Sat May 11, 2013 9:29 pm

What's our vector Victor?
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Silverdream » Sat May 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:You still have a 2013 Silvie, but next year it's going to go to Kalvinator because he let me repost one of his vectors on reddit.

Here, you can have one of my vectors:

new Vector3(1.5, 2.83, -5.6)

Give me a pwny vector that I can post to /r/mylittlepony for karma. Then I will be your friend, :bitch:

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Kalvinator » Sun May 12, 2013 12:53 am

Wtf happened here? Did someone say Batman Pwny vector?
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby DutchOven » Sun May 12, 2013 12:07 pm

I enjoyed it for the most part; however I thought it was ridiculous when his suit fell apart so easily after being hit by that truck.
TROLOLO
DutchOven
Champion

Postby Natalya » Wed May 15, 2013 12:48 am

Okay I saw the first Iron Man, and now I just watched Iron Man 2. #2 totally sucked, so I don't know how #3 is supposed to be good unless it is entirely different.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Silverdream » Wed May 15, 2013 1:19 am

I hated number two, but I thought number three was as good or slightly better than Iron Man.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Kirillyos » Mon May 20, 2013 12:37 am

Iron Man 3 was great - the character development, the struggle, the twists, the witty banter...

Obama & Biden walk out of the theatre after watching Iron Man 3...
Biden: "Damn, why didn't I think of that!?"
Obama: "Because you're a stooge we keep around for entertainment. Now go say some dumb embarrassing shit so can look smart by comparison."

Silverdream wrote:Out of curiousity, how did you feel about Iron Man 2?

Mickey Rourke (of French & Irish heritage) did not look or sound the least bit Russian. I ought to know, I'm from Russia.
Last edited by Kirillyos on Mon May 20, 2013 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
LEGO are like boobs - designed for kids, but adults have plenty of fun playing with them too. ;)
TROLOLO
Kirillyos
Officer

Postby Kirillyos » Mon May 20, 2013 12:41 am

DutchOven wrote:I enjoyed it for the most part; however I thought it was ridiculous when his suit fell apart so easily after being hit by that truck.

That suit
and others like it
fell apart partially because
it was a drone
and also becuase they were hasty prototypes he slapped together post-Battle-of-NYC on sleepless nights to keep his hands and mind busy and focus on something other than being shellshocked from the battle.

And remember what Rhody said about real pilots always trumping drones?
LEGO are like boobs - designed for kids, but adults have plenty of fun playing with them too. ;)
TROLOLO
Kirillyos
Officer

Postby Insert_blank » Mon May 20, 2013 2:16 am

Best part of Iron Man 3 was the needless Chinese product place and Fan Bing Bing and cutting out the post-credit scene because obviously the Chinese audience doesn't give a shit about Avengers or Ironman and just wanna see Chinese people drinking milk and talking about Tony Stark.
萌えを覚えっていますか?
Douse yourself in water and repent.
Insert_blank
I like how the floor looks covered in blood

Previous

Return to General Discussion