N00b Newbish Questions: Take 2.7

A friendly place for friendly people where we all play nice and share.

Moderator: Colette

Forum rules
Play nice with n00bs in the New People threads. Save the abuse, trolling, and pr0n for everywhere else.

N00b Newbish Questions: Take 2.7

Postby The Third World » Thu May 23, 2013 11:51 am

Yep, I am new, and being new have my share of dumb questions: I will number them off the last thread like this i saw...

8: How does one host/join a forum battle?

9: What the heck is all this alliance stuff everyone keeps jabbering about?

10: Why does the Lego store only carry City minifigs, and secondly, do you think we can get them to change this fact?
Brik World: see what it is like in The Third World. Brik Wars get's taken to strange new places, where there is more to war than just the fighting. Ask me about it some time...
TROLOLO
The Third World
Champion

Location: Dayton, Ohio, USA, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, The Universe.

Re: N00b Newbish Questions: Take 2.7

Postby Zupponn » Thu May 23, 2013 2:47 pm

The Third World wrote:Yep, I am new, and being new have my share of dumb questions: I will number them off the last thread like this i saw...

8: How does one host/join a forum battle?

9: What the heck is all this alliance stuff everyone keeps jabbering about?

10: Why does the Lego store only carry City minifigs, and secondly, do you think we can get them to change this fact?

6 - Lists always start with 6

7 - I will try to answer them thoughtfully and constructively

8 - To host one, make a thread and take pics. To join one, sign up when a battle is taking sign ups.

9 - Our main storyline that we use to give our battles a slight sense of direction is called the Immortal War. The Immortal faction (created by Warhead) is invading the Brikverse. Some factions have chosen to join them (Immortal Alliance), while others have chosen to try to stop them (Anti-Immortal Alliance). There's also a third faction that believes Piltogg to be the messiah of all minifigs (Third Alliance). The Brikverse also contains numerous other neutral factions with their own agendas. Nobody has to join the Immortal War or even have it exist in their universe, but it's something that gives some of us a reason to have minifigs fight each other, although there never really has to be a reason.

10 - I would have to say email Lego and probably not. If you're looking for other minifigs, 2 fairly decent sites to use are Bricklink and eBay.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Re: N00b Newbish Questions: Take 2.7

Postby Apollyon » Thu May 23, 2013 9:09 pm

The Third World wrote:8: How does one host/join a forum battle?

Hosting:
You set up a battlefield and a couple of factions. Then you take pictures of that, post them in the forum in a "turn 0" or "signup thread" where people can choose their faction. The players will send you orders by private messages. You are the game master and execute those ordees. It is completely up to you which rules you use - if at all. Take pictures of what happens and post them on the forum. Players send orders for the next turn. Rinse and repeat.
Also it has become common to create a top thread on the forum which links to all the individual turns' threads.

Joining:
Be the first to say "me!" and you get control of a faction. A host might be reluctant to let a newcomer control a certain faction so you might want to work on your reputation, e.g. by hosting a battle first or doing anything else that is awesome.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
My Little Pony

Return to New People Start Here