The Macdev Military (First Post Updated 6/28/2013)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Gutrot
Nice Dubs

The Macdev Military (First Post Updated 6/28/2013)

Post by Gutrot » Sat May 25, 2013 5:14 pm

So I guess I'll start with a quick introduction. I'm Gutrot and I'm obviously new to the forum. I've played Brikwars since last summer but never had the time to post up my MOCs until now. I'm 17, will be attending NYU in the fall, run track, play a lot of paintball, and play bass and do vocals in a hardcore band (Actual hardcore, not scene kid pussyshit). A lot of details about my army come from these fun facts, and I'm gonna get super in-depth with my faction lore once summer officially starts. So now that you know an uncomfortable amount about my personal life, let's get down to bidness.

The Macdev are an advanced, space faring race hailing from the Azodin system. Located roughly 16 light years from the galactic core, the Azodin system has remained untouched by outside civilization due to the thick asteroid field completely enclosing it. Unknown to all those outside the system, the Azodin system has a history of war and violence. For over 800 years, a massive civil war raged between the 14 planets after the decay of an ancient and long forgotten theocratic regime. The Macdev, fittingly, were the initiators of the Solar Civil War and the faction that would end it. In the year G.R. 2003, after 869 years of continuous war, the newly formed Macdev Empire overran the final stronghold of rebel resistance in the system on the moon 3N-FNR.

Under the rule of Prime Minister John Stuwart’s new parliamentary government, the Macdev quickly began rebuilding the Empire’s shattered infrastructure. Stuwart created government sponsored naval bases on the moons nearest to the asteroid belt and constructed a portal for easy entry and exit through the belt. The military buildup was highly popular among the civilian population, since nationalism was at an almost worrying high after the end of the Civil War. As the military prepared to enter the Brikverse, Hayden, the Macdev capital planet, became a hub for trade, politics, sports, and music. Mining operations on the countless moons and asteroids more than made up for the debts incurred during the war, and the Macdev transitioned quickly into a period of economic prosperity. The Solar Paintball League (SPL) resumed play after a 600 year hiatus and reclaimed its immense popularity. The music scene exploded (both literally and figuratively) with hardcore bands taking the lead in giving fans a way to vent their frustrations legally and violently. Bands like Suburban Scum, Incendiary, and Expire became notorious for causing massive property damage during their live shows, but no one cared because they fucking rock live. Universal health care had to be established simply to prevent a debt crisis due to skyrocketing medical costs.

On the 10th anniversary of the end of the Solar Civil War, PM Stuwart ordered the launch of the largest naval exploratory fleet in Macdev history. 3 days later, first contact was made with an unknown civilization. The Macdev fleet encountered a hostile fleet of equal size orbiting a small but habitable planet. After two hours of tense negotiations, The Macdev commanding officer, Admiral James Rabakov, snapped and suddenly opened fire on the enemy fleet. The enemy capital ship was took the full brunt of the initial salvo and was instantly crippled. The hostile fleet retreated, but soon returned with reinforcements. Very little is known of what happened next, simply because there were no survivors on either side. The battle, known as the Battle of Encounter to the Macdev, lasted for only 24 minutes, claimed over 5600 Macdev lives, and instantly became a national outrage. PM Stuwart declared war on an unknown enemy and swept through the solar system (dubbed Encounter in honor of those lost in the Battle of Encounter) taking and colonizing the system within 5 weeks. We’re still not 100% sure who we were fighting, though weapons and vehicles recovered post-conquest seem to suggest that the system was initially under Nyphilis control, though it appears that it had been long forgotten and became its own self-sustained entity.

Fast forward three months to present day. As of now, the Macdev control 18 planets (14 in the Azodin System and 4 in the Encounter System). Warp Drive technology has been achieved, however, it’s not particularly fuel efficient, so after 5 light years of travel the fuel cells must be recharged to continue a jump. However, in battle the Macdev Fleets are more than capable. The Macdev Navy currently has 6 ship classes in service.

The Desolate class cruiser is a long range cruiser that can be used as a small carrier, flagship, scout, or battleship. It is the most expensive and advanced ship in our arsenal and does not disappoint in combat. It has a total of 4 coilguns, as well as smaller laser turrets for defense against smaller craft.

The Xibalba class cruiser is the tank of the Macdev fleet. Its main weapons are 2 skyscraper-sized gauss rifles and also has 3 small laser batteries for dealing with fighters, bombers, and transports. It is slow and bulky, but its powerful armaments, shields, and armor negate any disadvantages in mobility.

Next is the Zeitgeist class cruiser. The Zeitgeist has 3 side mounted railguns to bombard enemy vessels, a forward mounted torpedo array, and 4 small laser batteries. The 2 1x3 wedges at the front of the cruiser can also flip down and latch onto enemy craft, tearing them apart. The Zeitgeist is most effective at long range, where it can take advantage of its torpedoes and railguns.

The Snake class destroyer is fast and that’s about it. Its slim profile and powerful engines allow it to run down or outrun most enemy ships. It is armed with a forward-mounted cannon, 2 small lasers, and 2 missile tubes. The Snake is most effective when supported by other ships. Otherwise, larger ships can make quick work of its weaker armor.

The Sycamore class destroyer is more heavily armored than the Snake, but sacrifices speed. Its primary armament is a large forward-mounted coilgun and 2 autocannons. It also has 2 small laser turrets.

The Citizen class frigate is the most common ship in the navy. Armed with an autocannon and two light lasers, the Citizen can overwhelm enemy craft in numbers, but alone they are only useful against fighters and other frigates. (Shadowscthe gets credit for this design)

For defense against enemy fighters and bombers, the Macdev rely on the Tracker Fighter. Powered by 3 engines and armed with 4 medium lasers and 2 missile pods, the Tracker can be used as a zero-g or atmospheric fighter.

While the Macdev Navy and Air Force are still in development, the Army more than makes up for that deficiency. Centuries of war, paintball, and hardcore music have completely desensitized the Macdev to violence. The result is a disciplined, aggressive, and fearless fighting force. Specializing in fast raids and urban combat, the Macdev have created weapons of war to suit their deadly abilities.

The Armored Division relies heavily on its powerful Battlemech units to pound enemies into submission. The Macdev’s flagship mech is the Agitator class Battlemech. Standing 26 studs in height, the Agitator is a menacing figure with its size-5 BAMF Cannon, size-4 quadlaser system, and size-1 minigun. The Agitator’s speed and versatility is the primary reason why the Macdev quickly overran Encounter, as its weapons turned the massive ancient Nyphilis cities into planet-wide killing fields.

BAMF Cannon

Here's the Doomblade. The Doomblade excels at what the Agitator does not. It is designed to take hits and hit back harder. Its low profile and thick, angled hull is ideal is ideal for shrugging off projectiles and its twin autocannons size 4 shred armor like god damn champions. It also has a size 2 .50 caliber machine gun for anti-infantry purposes. It is, however, much slower than the Agitator.

Beast Mode

Rear view

The Pathfinder is a fast attack/missile support mech. It is armed with two size 2 missile pods and two size 2 medium lasers. Pathfinder pilots are notoriously cocky and slightly suicidal. It earned the nicknamed “The Coffin” from the infantry because the pilots requested a larger engine instead of an eject system when it was being designed.

The Stryker Hardsuit is very popular among the Macdev because of its low profile design, jumpjets, and versatile weaponry. The Macdev use 2 different Stryker designs, the Stryker XRS and Stryker FLX.

The Stryker XRS is the recon model. Featuring lighter armor and a more powerful engine, the XRS is armed with a PPC rifle and a chainsword. The XRS is not meant for frontline combat, but most pilots ignore that warning.

The Stryker FLX is the frontline combat model. The FLX is more heavily armored and slower than its counterpart, but is equipped with a heavy bolter and a minigun. It is highly effective against infantry and lightly armored vehicles.

Despite all the badass technology packed into the Navy and Armored Divisions, the core of every great military is the infantry. This is where the Macdev truly overachieve as a fighting force. The Macdev, as a race, are much better conditioned than the average minifig. Most of the current generation of soldiers did not fight in the Solar Civil War, but are lead by experienced veterans. The popularity of paintball has also played a role in their effectiveness. The Macdev move fast, constantly communicate, and rarely stop shooting. Macdev infantry often carry several thousand rounds worth of energy cells into battle. The preferred weapon of the infantry is the AXE-SR laser carbine, though some use the submachine gun variant, nicknamed the “Mini”.

Color-coded breakdown.
White pants+White Shirts= Standard infantry. Equipped with the AXE, Mini, or Tiberius-9 Sniper
Grey Pants+White Shirts= Sergeants.
Black Pants+Orange Shirts=Minigunners. Equipped with the Gladiator GX2 minigun.
Orange Pants+White Shirts=Engineers. Equipped with Titan shotguns or Cyborg x9 boltguns.
All Orange=Pilots. Equipped with Mini laser carbine or Tac1 laspistol.
All Black+Grey Hat= Commissar. Equipped with Titan shotgun.

Minigunners

All Black w/ Lightsaber=My hero, Nikolas Symmonds. In civilian life, Nik was a track star known best for his prowess in the 400 meter sprint and beer mile. During the Solar Civil War he was drafted and joined the HK Army, a special forces unit. During the Battle for 3N-FNR, he sustained horrific burn wounds over his entire body, causing his peach-tone skin. He miraculously survived, but the doctors fucked something up. An orderly accidentally attached an experimental drug call exeridum to his IV. The drug had not been cleared for use on humans, and it had powerful side effects, namely psychic powers. Long story short, he’s now a general and overall badass.

This is a shot of my favorite character, who may eventually take over the hero role. This is Mr. H. A professional paintball star in civilian life, Mr. H was drafted into the Macdev Infantry and quickly became one of the most elite soldiers in the army. He was then hand selected by General Symmonds to join the top secret HK Army project and now spends his time undercover among the general infantry searching for candidates to join HK.

Fux wit us.

Last edited by Gutrot on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Re: The Macdev Military

Post by samuelzz10 » Sat May 25, 2013 6:38 pm

Welcome to the forum! this is a really good force. Don't worry about the green though, just give it a different ability, like it does poison damage on infantry with no armor.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sat May 25, 2013 6:41 pm

Gutrot wrote: And we like hardcore
:warhead:

In all seriousness, you have some cool stuff here. Can't wait for more. :D

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Sat May 25, 2013 10:13 pm

I like the hardcore attitude... and your mocs.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Sun May 26, 2013 12:42 am

Sweet stuff man. Welcome to the forum, have a random pic/gif I'm going to pull from my bookmarks-

Totally randomized, but hey, welcome.

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Post by Bluefog » Sun May 26, 2013 6:06 am

I like it. Oh and I "borrow" ideas all the time and forget from who. I think people don't really mind as long as you don't claim them as an original design.
"Hey, you try making love to a complete stranger in a hostile, mutant environment, see how you like it."

Gutrot
Nice Dubs

Post by Gutrot » Sun May 26, 2013 11:13 am

samuelzz10 wrote:Welcome to the forum! this is a really good force. Don't worry about the green though, just give it a different ability, like it does poison damage on infantry with no armor.
Thanks! I was thinking about making do corrosive damage a la Borderlands. Borderlands and Brikwars seem like they would get along pretty well.
Zupponn wrote:
Gutrot wrote: And we like hardcore
:warhead:

In all seriousness, you have some cool stuff here. Can't wait for more. :D
Thank you kind sir.
Apollyon wrote:I like the hardcore attitude... and your mocs.
Thanks! I'll do my best to carry the timeless tradition of hate moshing with me through my Brikwars career
Kalvinator wrote:Sweet stuff man. Welcome to the forum, have a random pic/gif I'm going to pull from my bookmarks-

:wtc:
Bluefog wrote:I like it. Oh and I "borrow" ideas all the time and forget from who. I think people don't really mind as long as you don't claim them as an original design.
I hope not, cause I really like that hardsuit design. And I figured out it was halo3000's design, so I'll edit the post to credit him.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun May 26, 2013 2:16 pm

Oh HELL yes. It's been a while since we've had some mecha around here.

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Sun May 26, 2013 2:51 pm

Gutrot wrote:And I figured out it was halo3000's design, so I'll edit the post to credit him.
Ah, I knew they looked familiar.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Sun May 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Gutrot wrote:
Kalvinator wrote:Sweet stuff man. Welcome to the forum, have a random pic/gif I'm going to pull from my bookmarks-

:wtc:
Yeah...I don't even either, but seriously, nice stuff.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun May 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Nice mechs dude, you've inspired my latest building spree.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sun May 26, 2013 7:19 pm

Welcome to the boards, Gutrot.

It's always a good start to show off your MOCs. Even better if they're cool-looking mechs like these.

Keep 'em coming!

Gutrot
Nice Dubs

Post by Gutrot » Mon May 27, 2013 10:11 am

Theblackdog wrote:Oh HELL yes. It's been a while since we've had some mecha around here.
6. I started playing Mechwarriors when I was 4 and Mechwarriors Mercenaries is still one of my favorite games and
7. I can't build tanks to save my life haha
Silverdream wrote:Nice mechs dude, you've inspired my latest building spree.
Sweet! I'm excited to see what you come up with.
BFenix wrote:Welcome to the boards, Gutrot.

It's always a good start to show off your MOCs. Even better if they're cool-looking mechs like these.

Keep 'em coming!
Well... if you insist :wink:

Here's a quick Overwatch of my infantry so far. Quick color-coded breakdown.
White pants+White Shirts= Standard infantry
Grey Pants+White Shirts= Sergeants
Black Pants+Orange Shirts=Minigunners
Orange Pants+White Shirts=Engineers
All Orange=Pilots
All Black+Grey Hat= Commissar
All Black w/ Lightsaber=My hero, Nikolas Symmonds. He is a Jedi/W40k psyker type thing. Also he's not technically a peach, his pale skin is caused by horrific burn wounds sustained during the final campaign of the Solar Civil War. (The 869 year long thing).

Overwatch

This is a shot of my favorite character, who may eventually take over the hero role. This Mr. H. A professional paintball star in civilian life, Mr. H was drafted into the Macdev Infantry and quickly became one of the most elite soldiers in the army.

Fuck yeah I have an entire squad of minigunners, why wouldn't I?

Nik Symmonds

I started my microscale fleet and came up with two cruiser designs.

First is the Xibalba class cruiser. Its main weapons are 2 skyscraper-sized gauss rifles and also has 3 small laser batteries for dealing with fighters, bombers, and transports.

Next is the Zeitgeist class cruiser. The Zeitgeist has 3 side mounted railguns to bombard enemy vessels, a forward mounted torpedo array, and 4 small laser batteries. The 2 1x3 wedges at the front of the crusier can also flip down and latch onto enemy craft, tearing them apart.

That's it for now, My next projects will include fast attack and missile support mechs, a bomber, the smaller ships in my navy (frigates, destroyers, etc.), and potentially an LDD flagship.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed May 29, 2013 11:52 am

Just switch out some of the green rings so that the two mechs are identical. You could make the tip of the barrels on both green for "safety" reasons. :twisted:

The three mechs will not only fill the same role as tanks, but their weapons all excel in taking out heavy armor, and small groups of infantry. Their weaknesses will be when there's too many infantry to simply mow down, and one guy gets lucky with an explosive and attacks one of your critical leg joints. Your hardsuits, on the other hand, are actually PERFECT anti-infantry defense, so if you keep them covering the mechs, you should actually have some pretty good tactical success on the field. Traditionally, tanks are much more able to withstand infantry than mechs, but you've certainly got this covered.

And then of course your other infantry can just go around disabling everyone else's mechs, while your Tracker stays just out of range and lobs off shots.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Wed May 29, 2013 11:56 am

Those big mechs are fucking awesome.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?