Lego doodles POST THEM

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: fredde, Dr. X, ikensall

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:55 pm

Zupponn wrote:I hate anime.

FINALLY, SOMEONE ELSE!
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
Image
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

Postby Ben-Jammin » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:14 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:
Zupponn wrote:I hate anime.

FINALLY, SOMEONE ELSE!


I used to like anime.

Then I took a sense to the brain.
User avatar
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1823
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Not quite the middle of Appalachia

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

Postby Silverdream » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:52 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:
Zupponn wrote:I hate anime.

FINALLY, SOMEONE ELSE!


I used to like anime.

Then I took a sense to the brain.


I kind of understand Zupponn, because he's an uncultured American swine and I understand samuelzz10 because he's euphoric but you Ben-jammin? I'm dissapointed.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7551
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

Postby Bragallot » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:01 am

The trick is not to look at crappy animes.

If you like Brikwars, you'll probably like Hellsing: Ultimate. The craziness (Piltogg vampires!) and amounts of violence / blood, the major's war speech, are all very Brikwars to me.

Ninja Scroll: the movie is awesome. The Rurouni Kenshin OVA's, too. Both lack many of the typical things you might not like about today's 'mainstream' anime.

And if you like the Matrix, well, it was heavily inspired by the anime Ghost In The Shell, which has this awesome fight in it.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
User avatar
Bragallot
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5374
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Gloating over my driver's license

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

Postby Quantumsurfer » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:02 am

Bragallot wrote:The trick is not to look at crappy animes.


At least 80% of anime is total shite. But that remaining percentage is Pure Gold.
User avatar
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.
 
Posts: 1404
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

Postby Timedude » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Let me recommend Darker Than Black, Gunslinger Girl, and Blassreiter (if you like serious anime), and Gurren Lagann and Golgo 13 (if you do not).
-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .
:csi:
User avatar
Timedude
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:31 pm

Bragallot wrote:the major's war speech


Hate to break it to you, but that's actually an amazingly childish speech. It gives zero depth of character to the major other than the fact that he is purely destructive for the sake of destructiveness. Yeah, okay, he likes war and killing and blah blah blah blah blah. But there's no "why" that's given - even Sauron wants ultimate power and control over Middle-Earth. The Major suffers a cripplingly severe lack of motivation.

Not to say that Hellsing: Ultimate isn't completely totally balls-out awesome. It's way better than regular Hellsing. In all seriousness though, Cowboy Beebop is actually one of the better Sci-fi stories out there in media, let alone Anime.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6373
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

Postby Whiteagle » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:40 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Bragallot wrote:the major's war speech


Hate to break it to you, but that's actually an amazingly childish speech. It gives zero depth of character to the major other than the fact that he is purely destructive for the sake of destructiveness. Yeah, okay, he likes war and killing and blah blah blah blah blah. But there's no "why" that's given - even Sauron wants ultimate power and control over Middle-Earth. The Major suffers a cripplingly severe lack of motivation.

Actually his lack of any other motivation is kind of his character, especially considering his apparent immortality is because:
Spoiler: show
He is an Android, and thus questions whether his singular drive is really his own or just programing by the Doctor.
User avatar
Whiteagle
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1527
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

Postby Tzan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:18 pm

Hamtaro's motivation is sunflower seeds.
User avatar
Tzan
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4928
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

Postby Bragallot » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:41 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Bragallot wrote:the major's war speech


Hate to break it to you, but that's actually an amazingly childish speech. It gives zero depth of character to the major other than the fact that he is purely destructive for the sake of destructiveness. Yeah, okay, he likes war and killing and blah blah blah blah blah. But there's no "why" that's given - even Sauron wants ultimate power and control over Middle-Earth. The Major suffers a cripplingly severe lack of motivation.

Not to say that Hellsing: Ultimate isn't completely totally balls-out awesome. It's way better than regular Hellsing. In all seriousness though, Cowboy Beebop is actually one of the better Sci-fi stories out there in media, let alone Anime.


That speech rocks and from a Brikwars point of view all the things you said against it are pro's rather than cons.

The Major is actually fun because he's so insane and difficult to understand - psychopaths don't act out of an understandable 'reason' or 'motivation' either.

He's not a Jaime Lannister, but that's not something Hellsing required either, I believe.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
User avatar
Bragallot
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5374
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Gloating over my driver's license

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

Postby Zahru II » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:51 pm

I found a cape, turns out it's in scale for this:

Image
User avatar
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time
 
Posts: 4383
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:22 am
Location: Hüngäry

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

Postby Keldoclock » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:50 pm

Timedude wrote:Let me recommend Darker Than Black, Gunslinger Girl, and Blassreiter (if you like serious anime), and Gurren Lagann and Golgo 13 (if you do not).

But don't watch the second seasons of DTB or Gunslinger Girl, both are terrible.
Image
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
User avatar
Keldoclock
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

Postby Silverdream » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:16 pm

Watch Darker Than Black if you want to be confused because they explain very little. Once it gets to a point you can understand stuff it's pretty good.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7551
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

Postby Timedude » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:43 am

Keldoclock wrote:But don't watch the second seasons of DTB or Gunslinger Girl, both are terrible.


Also this.
-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .
:csi:
User avatar
Timedude
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

Postby The Shadowscythe » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:43 am

Zahru II wrote:I found a cape, turns out it's in scale for this:

Image


:omnom: :studgod: :rtfm:
Image

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show
Image

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
User avatar
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.
 
Posts: 2669
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:22 am
Location: Lampeter, Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Bricks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests