The Lego Movie

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Re: The Lego Movie

Postby Zupponn » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:05 am

When that wizard guy at the beginning says "My fellow Master Builders..." I totally thought "My fellow Masturbators..."
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby Timedude » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:29 am

Zupponn wrote:When that Morgan Freeman at the beginning says "My fellow Master Builders..." I totally thought "My fellow Masturbators..."
-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .
:csi:
Timedude
Cannon Fodder

Postby Ben-Jammin » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:42 am

I, for one, was pissed.

I still will probably see the movie, but the teaser got me thinking 'man, there is an awfully large amount of super hero appearances'. I mean, its like lego is just tossing in super heroes like superman, wonder woman, and batman to get more kids to see it. Even the damn ninja turtles are in it. They might as well throw in Star Wars as well. I mean, I'm glad to see that lego is making their own movie, but I feel like lego is much more imaginative and could have come up with their own ideal heros/protagonists instead of relying on the ones made by marvel and DC. Hell, if they made Lego Universe and a plethora of other themes and lines I'm sure they could have come up with something new. I don't really have anything against marvel or DC, except for the fact that it feels like they are invading every other piece of media out there these days.

Still, the presence of Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson and that Deadly Space Man might make up for it.

[/rant]
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby samuelzz10 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:57 am

Ben-Jammin wrote:I, for one, was pissed.

I still will probably see the movie, but the teaser got me thinking 'man, there is an awfully large amount of super hero appearances'. I mean, its like lego is just tossing in super heroes like superman, wonder woman, and batman to get more kids to see it. Even the damn ninja turtles are in it. They might as well throw in Star Wars as well. I mean, I'm glad to see that lego is making their own movie, but I feel like lego is much more imaginative and could have come up with their own ideal heros/protagonists instead of relying on the ones made by marvel and DC. Hell, if they made Lego Universe and a plethora of other themes and lines I'm sure they could have come up with something new. I don't really have anything against marvel or DC, except for the fact that it feels like they are invading every other piece of media out there these days.

Still, the presence of Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson and that Deadly Space Man might make up for it.

[/rant]

I feel your agony. I just can't believe FUCKING BATMAN of all people has become a main character. Also, how cool would it be if this was actually stopmotion? Improbable? Yes. Amazing beyond belief? YES. Also, 10-15 years down the line Lego is going to have a really hard time releasing this on dvd, or whatever we use then.
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby lorbaat » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:13 am

We won't be using anything in 10-15 years. It will be cloud and server based.

If you're implying that there will be rights issues because of the characters, I assure you, there won't be. The contracts used in filmmaking today aren't like those in use even 20 years ago, when there were no clauses for home release. Phrases like "in any and all formats throughout the known universe" are thrown around.
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby mercury19 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:49 am

Holy Balls! Both Morgan Freeman and Liam Neeson!! This is gonna be awesome!
mercury19
Minifig

Location: Probably somewhere in the Brikverse. Oh wait, you mean physically?

Postby Silverdream » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:36 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:I feel your agony. I just can't believe FUCKING BATMAN of all people has become a main character. Also, how cool would it be if this was actually stopmotion? Improbable? Yes. Amazing beyond belief? YES. Also, 10-15 years down the line Lego is going to have a really hard time releasing this on dvd, or whatever we use then.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Ben-Jammin » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:49 pm

Silverdream wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:I feel your agony. I just can't believe FUCKING BATMAN of all people has become a main character. Also, how cool would it be if this was actually stopmotion? Improbable? Yes. Amazing beyond belief? YES. Also, 10-15 years down the line Lego is going to have a really hard time releasing this on dvd, or whatever we use then.

Hey, I'm not talking smack about the motherfucking batman, its just that it feels like he and his ilk are seeping into all the toys/media/whatever else that we have. It doesn't help either that my sister is obsessed with marvel and DC and I am bombarded everyday with "ZOMG BATMAN IS TEH BESTORZ" or "SUPERMANZ FTW".
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby samuelzz10 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:01 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:
Silverdream wrote:

Hey, I'm not talking smack about the motherfucking batman, its just that it feels like he and his ilk are seeping into all the toys/media/whatever else that we have. It doesn't help either that my sister is obsessed with marvel and DC and I am bombarded everyday with "ZOMG BATMAN IS TEH BESTORZ" or "SUPERMANZ FTW".

THANK YOU
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Batman was the best part of the trailer, and I'm really surprised you guys don't like a Batman that makes fun of himself. Also he's voiced by Will Arnett as I said before.

Also, the thing with Superheroes is because lego is currently doing a superheroes line, it makes sense to advertise all these fun characters to kids in the form of a movie so that they can whine to their parents about them. That's also why the main character is a modern city figure as opposed to a classic figure. Lego is mainly trying to appeal to kids with this trailer, with a few references to AFOLs (the broken DSM helmet for instance). Superheroes are also "in" this season and popular among kids. It makes sense to appeal to their main demographic like this, just as how the Equestria Girls movie mainly appealed to little girls with a few references to Derpy, Vinyl Scratch and others for the adult fans.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Colette » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:37 pm

I always wanted a movie like this since I first started playing with lego, but I guess you can't please everyone. I like the inclusion of licensed figures although I feel their role is a little too big.
Lego Company wrote:...At the same time, the purpose is for the LEGO brand not to be associated with issues that glorify conflicts and unethical or harmful behavior...

:belushi:
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Timedude » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:32 pm

Plus, it being a Warner Brothers Pictures production, DC is already in their liscensing warehouse. There's a reason why no Marvel or Star Wars showed up (now under the great Disney Umbrella). :rtfm:
-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .
:csi:
Timedude
Cannon Fodder

Postby Zupponn » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:59 pm

Green Ninja
1980s Something Spaceman
NBA All Stars

I think they have enough references to other lines in here and suspect that there will be many many more. I so want a Johnny Thunder cameo though.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby Bragallot » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:30 pm

Zupponn wrote:When that wizard guy at the beginning says "My fellow Master Builders..." I totally thought "My fellow Masturbators..."

Basically the same thing anyway.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Zupponn wrote:I hope to offend everyone.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Location: Trying to find something stupid enough to say to get me a new custom rank.

Postby Kalvinator » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:32 pm

For those mad about the superheros...you do all realize supes and wonderwoman were there for like...2 seconds, and that batman probably won't be a "main" character, maybe just a cameo character for publicizing.
Kalvinator
in need of one still

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion