Plastik Armory: Better Guns, Awesome Abilites

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Thoughts?

All totally awesome, I'll be using these myself
57%
Pretty good ideas, some that I think could be better
33%
Hit and miss, lots of these don't make sense
5%
Mostly lame, some good ideas
1%
Horrendous, confusing and unfun
4%

Total votes: 79

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Re: Plastik Armory: Better Guns, Awesome Abilites

Post by Zupponn » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:09 pm

That child then proceeds to never lose at Brikwars.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:46 am

The other fun part: if you can do a couple points of damage to the unarmored helicopter and reduce its Effective Size below the actual Size of the tank, it's now above the carrying capacity and the helicopter crashes automatically.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Kirillyos
Officer

Post by Kirillyos » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:30 pm

IVhorseman wrote:I'm aware that real-life copters carry around tanks and shit, but we're not talking about real life. This is Brikwars. Everything is blown comically out of proportion.
So that means you want my heli to carry an entire battalion of tanks? :wink: I'll see what I can do. :mrgreen:
IVhorseman wrote:Things that are considered to be wearing heavy enough armor to get the ability to shrug off a die of damage are considered too heavy to be in the air.
Unless they're spacecraft. But even spacecraft sometimes fly through atmosphere.
IVhorseman wrote:In general, as cool as armored units may be, having living soldiers and functioning vehicles at the end of a battle should NEVER be a priority.
It depends - for example, if one is playing an ongoing campaign or if the heli contains the general (and if he dies, you lose the battle). Those scenarios may not be for everyone, but they also shouldn't be impossible for those that do want to play that way.
IVhorseman wrote:Think about it this way: rules in brikwars are supposed to be forgotten about in favor of awesomeness. Rules in brikwars are NOT meant to be fandangled around nitpicking at the technicalities in order to achieve the awesome.
So forget the "no flying armor" rules and simply bask in the awesomeness that is flying armored gunships? Got it. :mrgreen:

But yeah, I'll probably just end up giving it SL2 or SL3 for the "armor value". I just like to watch people's brains squirm when I twist the rules to ends they never wanted to imagine.
LEGO are like boobs - designed for kids, but adults have plenty of fun playing with them too. ;)

Kirillyos
Officer

Post by Kirillyos » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:35 pm

stubby wrote:I feel like the rule about beating the shit out of any player acting like an asshole covers this well enough. If some people think that flying a tank around is worth beating you up over, then you're getting beat up. Otherwise it's fine, who cares.
Verily - if one person has a superweapon and everyone else has peasants with sharp sticks, that's poor sportsmanshipo. If everyone at the table has similar class stuff, then it's good, fun, symmetrical warfare
stubby wrote: As for the idea of a flying frame carrying an armored chassis - if you really wanted to do this, the "frame" would have to be an independent chassis and have a Structure larger than whatever it's carrying, obviously. It couldn't just be a skeleton frame and a helicopter blade, that's all Surface Elements and no Structure.
So how would you rule on a LEGO model of the aforementioned SkyCrane?
stubby wrote: I think I can safely rule out the idea that you could control the flying vehicle from within the carried Armored vehicle, or vice versa. The flying vehicle's cockpit is part of the flying vehicle's chassis, which is unarmored by definition.
~nods, nods~
LEGO are like boobs - designed for kids, but adults have plenty of fun playing with them too. ;)

stubby

Post by stubby » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:14 am

Well let's take LEGO set 5886 as an example. The overall length is something like 14", but the "Structure" part of the chassis is the part with a believable interior. In this case it looks like the cabin from the front of the nose to about the bottom of the rotors. I'm going to guess that's about 6". The tail, rotor, stabilizer, and legs are all surface elements.

The T-Rex's Structure runs from his skull to his pelvis, so I'm going to say he's about 5". We'll pretend he's Armored for the sake of argument; as the rules are written now, it doesn't make any difference, and I might just keep them that way for simplicity's sake.

So the 6" helicopter can carry the 5" Armored T-Rex with 1" to spare. If the helicopter takes one point of Size Damage then it can still carry the T-Rex, if only barely. If it takes two points of Size Damage, it crashes.

If the T-Rex takes points of Size Damage, it doesn't matter - only its actual Size matters, not its Effective Size. Now if some components were knocked off so that its actual physical Size is reduced, then it would change how difficult it is to carry, but there's not really any way to do that to the T-Rex model without killing it, so it's kind of a moot point.

stubby

Post by stubby » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:16 am

Kirillyos wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:Things that are considered to be wearing heavy enough armor to get the ability to shrug off a die of damage are considered too heavy to be in the air.
Unless they're spacecraft. But even spacecraft sometimes fly through atmosphere.
Right. Except for Armored spacecraft. Those are built in space and have to stay in space. They aren't atmospheric craft.

stubby

Post by stubby » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:43 am

Also:
Kirillyos wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:I'm aware that real-life copters carry around tanks and shit, but we're not talking about real life. This is Brikwars. Everything is blown comically out of proportion.
So that means you want my heli to carry an entire battalion of tanks? :wink: I'll see what I can do. :mrgreen:
Kirillyos wins this round.

Kirillyos: 1 IVhorseman: 0

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:43 pm

Kirillyos wrote:So forget the "no flying armor" rules and simply bask in the awesomeness that is flying armored gunships? Got it. :mrgreen:
I'd honestly rather see you do that than try to lawyer your way around technicalities so that you're "allowed" to have an armored flier.

Kirillyos
Officer

Post by Kirillyos » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:24 pm

Kirillyos wrote:if one person has a superweapon and everyone else has peasants with sharp sticks, that's poor sportsmanshipo.
I just caught this typo - Italian-style sportsmanship?
stubby wrote:Image

Well let's take LEGO set 5886 as an example.
it's kind of a moot point.[/quote]

I know a lot of people mess this one up, but "[urlhttp://dictionary.reference.com/browse/moot?s=t]moot[/url]" actually means: "subject or open to debate"
stubby wrote: Ahh, I forgot LEGO actually made a SkyCrane!
stubby wrote: Right. Except for Armored spacecraft. Those are built in space and have to stay in space. They aren't atmospheric craft.
So like Star Destroyer vs. X-Wing?
IVhorseman wrote: I'd honestly rather see you do that than try to lawyer your way around technicalities so that you're "allowed" to have an armored flier.
Though in the end, the result would be the same, no? But yes, I realize there's a certain type of thought process encouraged here and a certain other kind that's not.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Kirillyos wrote:
it's kind of a moot point.
I know a lot of people mess this one up, but "[urlhttp://dictionary.reference.com/browse/moot?s=t]moot[/url]" actually means: "subject or open to debate"

"The forum member thought that the definition of moot was open to debate, when in fact it was moot, thereby depriving future debate of practical significance." ~Tzan

Merriam-Webster
Definition of MOOT
a : open to question : debatable
b : subjected to discussion : disputed

: deprived of practical significance : made abstract or purely academic

Examples of MOOT

- The court ruled that the issue is now moot because the people involved in the dispute have died.

- I think they were wrong, but the point is moot. Their decision has been made and it can't be changed now.
in the comment section:
Jasper Eastman · Camel Driver at Ancient Oriental Trading Company
For those who think the two definitions of moot as an adjective are contradictory, here is an example where something may be moot in both senses as the same time.

"Upon entering the kitchen, Jill found milk spilled on the floor and her two sons arguing over whose fault it was and who would have to clean it up. Bruce, the bulldog, then came in and licked it all up. The question of who was responsible was moot."

Here, who was responsible for cleaning up the mess was still very much open to discussion, but was deprived of practical significance since the dog had taken care of the mess. Just because there is no longer any practical reason for debating a matter does not mean that the question is not debatable.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:57 am

Moot's a d a p p e r old bean

Kirillyos
Officer

Post by Kirillyos » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:29 pm

Tzan, did you just... did you just out-grammar- :whoelse: me?

:tiger:

If you care about "moot" that much, you take the cake this round, good sir. :godwin:

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:02 pm

:D

I was a "C" english student in high school.
I flunked an english class in college.

Feel better?

Kirillyos
Officer

Post by Kirillyos » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:20 pm

Tzan wrote::D

Feel better?
You apparently do. :D

Kirillyos
Officer

Post by Kirillyos » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:11 am

Kirillyos wrote:
Tzan wrote::D

Feel better?
You apparently do. :D
BTW, English is a second language to me.