Microspace Giant Mecha

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Microspace Giant Mecha

Post by cleanupcrew » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:43 pm

So I decided to take a break from dreadnought-building to show you guys some microspace-scale giant mecha in LDD.

The first up is Natalya's armored core rendered in microscale, for use in case anyone wants to use an Assyrian armored core in a microspace battle or something. I also made its accompanying Kurosawa rifle.

The three classic Evangelist Cyborgs, units 00, 01, and 02. I don't believe any nation has currently constructed one, but in light of Prinz Klaus’s summoning of Cthulhoid Angels that may change so I built the three basic frame.

A fun non-canonical image of a Scythian Evangelist fighting an Angel in space to show off the posing.

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Re: Microspace Giant Mecha

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:56 am

I have no idea what to say about this . . . The Scythians have EVA 02?

Awesome

Fighting an Angel?

Double Awesome

Along with an Assyrian AC?

Triple Awesome

And two other EVA flavors to boot?

Quad-drouple Awesome?

Please tell me you have more EVA related LDD in hiding dude, me wants moar.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:03 am

Colette wrote:I also made its accompanying Kurosawa rifle.
Karasawa Mk. II

Such a beautiful energy blaster...

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:31 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:I have no idea what to say about this . . . The Scythians have EVA 02?
Not exactly.

Scythian Office of Naval Intelligence
Subject: Project E Report
Dr. Svenssohn
07/08/2013
Project E has been ongoing for several G.Rs now, but it is only now that I can see our work coming to fruition. How our team had even managed to receive the Angelic components and LCL was beyond me, although KINGUNDERTHEMOUNTAIN was mysterious and pervasive enough that I could imagine it wouldn’t have been difficult for them.

The Scythian Army brass originally wanted a massive unit preserving the durability of a Behemoth tank but with enhanced mobility- immortal forces had disposed of such superheavy units with artillery barrages and orbital bombardment, but a supersonic unit of comparable strength would be able to render such tactics useless. The directors of the project around this time proposed the usage of a mysterious theoretical concept called an AT field mounted on an Evangelist cyborg to achieve these goals, but S.O.N.I subsequently took over the project and classified it at highest security.

Although S.O.N.I was unable to provide us with an S2 engine, we were able to fit the Evangelist with a superminiaturized antimatter reactor, improving cable-free operation time from five minutes to twenty four hours.

The project is in its final stages. Our Evangelist-scale antimatter projector rifle is nearly complete, and we hope to debut the unit over New York, to engage the Eldritch monstrosity that is plaguing the Praetorian fleet as a demonstration of Scythian strength and technological sophistication.

The only major component that remains missing, now, is a pilot. Apparently it is a requirement that their mother be dead- although, in a place as war-torn as the brikverse, and considering our enemy Warhead’s rather strange fetishes, it shouldn’t be a hard prerequisite to fulfill.

Spoiler
Show
I do have evas in the color schemes of other nations as well, but Scythia seems to be the only empire that is simultaneously advanced enough and crazy enough to realistically build one.

The Shadowscythe
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Spoiler
Show
I do have evas in the color schemes of other nations as well, but Scythia seems to be the only empire that is simultaneously advanced enough and crazy enough to realistically build one.
0_0

Well fuck me, the tech report was well written and stylized to boot and Dat Eva.

Antimatter reactor instead of an S2 engine is an awesome idea and one I approve of whole-heartedly, the Antimatter Projector is another idea that suits as a Scythian trope - especially if it was just a side-scaled Monarch class projector with a trigger system and rail grips bolted onto the damn thing.

If you could post the LDD files to the old wiki I may have an attempt at a unit of my own when I have finished my night shift - you have somewhat inspired me and I have another six hours of waiting until I can get back home for the morning.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Not sure if this counts as giant mecha, but since Scythe asked for more Evangelion stuff, here is my current collection of microscale angels:
So far I have Armisael, Leliel (8,815 piece bitch that little sphere is), Zeruel, Tabris (he's in there somewhere...microscale), Ireul, Ramiel, and Sahaquiel. I hope to use them as Cthulhu summons in the future.