Strategic Brikwars

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Re: Strategic Brikwars

Post by stubby » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Nice. I was actually thinking of B.R. for BrikVersal Rekonstruction / Retkonstruction, which is a little more descriptive.

And just maybe... it's B.R.'ed for the sake of Inverse Kausality or Internal Konsistency or Incremental Kanon or Infinite Koincidence.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:38 pm

...And then we have to retkon every instance of the word in every wiki article again.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:12 pm

Fucking do it, this is worth it. Let's do BrikVersal Rekonstruction.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

stubby

Post by stubby » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Okay guys it's INDUCTIVE KONSTRUCTIVISM time

The BrikVerse came into existence with the appearance of the Deadly SpaceMan. The Deadly SpaceMan’s unprecedented awesomeness created a force of Kanon which expanded forwards and backwards in time, creating both a past series of events leading up to his appearance and a future set of events resulting from it.

In the course of everyday BrikVersal events, one event leads to another in sequence, in a manner familiar to Humans. However, as shown by the arrival of the Deadly SpaceMan, events that are particularly notable can gain the power of Kanon and force changes to events elsewhere on the timeline for the sake of Internal Konsistency. Changes to past events are called Retkons and occur by a process of Inverse Kausality.

The Deadly SpaceMan was awesome to begin with, and as the Deadly SpaceMen multiplied their power and coolness escalated exponentially. The unstoppable killers organized into warring DSM Empires that conquered the entire BrikVerse. The DSM Wars accelerated the creation and magnitude of Kanon so quickly that new events were Retkonning themselves faster than they could even occur in the first place, finally culminating in a recursive cascade collapse singularity. The entire BrikVerse timeline and everything in it exploded outward in an explosive Kanon ball.

Just as the DSM's arrival caused the creation of both past and future reality, the destruction of the BrikVerse created both preceding and subsequent generations of BrikVerses.

Incomplete and scattered chunks of the original BrikVerse's history and reality, known as Particle Kanons, acted as seeds for a new and Rekonstructed BrikVerse. Events and characters from the original BrikVerse Kanon reappeared in the new timeline, but not always in the correct order or locations, and the empty sections of history filled themselves in as best they could along slightly different lines than the original version.

Meanwhile, reverse-polarity AntiParticle Kanons traveled in the opposite direction, creating an earlier version of the BrikVerse to precede the original one. This Retkonstructed BrikVerse included no minifigs, only collections of strange, regressive creatures who seemed to only come into existence as potential ancestors to the minifig-kind of later BrikVerses.

Naturally, some Particle Kanons carried Deadly SpaceMen along with them, and the introduction of Deadly SpaceMen into the new BrikVerses had the same result as in the original: their influence caused escalating Kanon events until Infinite Kanon was breached and the new BrikVerses exploded as well, sending chunks of themselves forward and backward into Rekonstructed and Retkonstructed versions of their own, and even paradoxically re-seeding each other and the original BrikVerse from which they'd been spawned.

So there you have it! Easy enough for a minifig to understand!

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Haha cool.

I have a sketch I made about 2 years ago that looks like the last image.
I was working out how I would handle a Brik MMO.
The horizontal lines being universes, or time themes (server worlds) a time theme would be Napoleonic, Space etc...
So not one year but a span of years that encompass the theme.

Vertical lines passing between them would be characters that had some ability to jump between universes,
A character that might out grow a theme could move to the next.
time travelers, ascended characters (like from MUDs)

Also some constructions that had lasted a long time could appear in future or past themes.
So a castle that has stood a long time begins to appear as ruins in WWII theme.

It shouldn't be surprising, these ideas have been around a long time.
You've now got some nice illustrations of it in action.

stubby

Post by stubby » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:09 pm

Wait a minute, that's just the map for LEGO Universe.

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:53 pm

Hhhmmmm, I can tell its not associated with LU because most of those words would have been censored by the white list demon.

I'd like to come up with a joke where LU ends up retkoning itself.
But I need to go brush my teeth.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:22 am

stubby wrote:Okay guys it's INDUCTIVE KONSTRUCTIVISM time

Stuff
:tiger:

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:22 am

Hot damn.

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:34 am

And now I'm not sure if Mike has been reading my writing (and Pms) all along or came up with this at the same time.

Either way, awesome shit dude.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

stubby

Post by stubby » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:03 am

The Shadowscythe wrote:And now I'm not sure if Mike has been reading my writing (and Pms) all along or came up with this at the same time.
Most of this has been part of BrikWars lore for a long time - the only new idea is the bits about how Kanon makes it all work finally.

In any case, induction and constructivism aren't new ideas either. The next infographics need to show what happens when the NegaVerse and Nega-NegaVerse arrive, and when one or more Humans bring their respective Kanons into collision with each other.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:39 pm

Soon with tigress, Payton and some others I am going to try a campaign style brikwars. Wondering how to handle hero or character deaths
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:47 pm

alphafalcon541 wrote:Soon with tigress, Payton and some others I am going to try a campaign style brikwars. Wondering how to handle hero or character deaths
You can either kill off the hero and build a new one, or say that the allegations of his or her demise was greatly exagerated.
Image lol j/k

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:13 pm

True that is the best answer. Heroic deaths to follow :studgod:

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:36 pm

stubby wrote:Most of this has been part of BrikWars lore for a long time - the only new idea is the bits about how Kanon makes it all work finally.
That's the funny part, really. Even the Humans can't keep track. We've had this explained (mostly) a dozen times. Bits and pieces of it have been floating around on the Wiki since forever. We've talked about it among ourselves over and over. Some of us have come up with huge stories that incorporate elements of the whole fractured reality concept. Others of us have even participated in these stories. And still, even after all this, no one can remember even the most basic thing about what's going on. We had to have had the G.R. to R. conversation at least fifty times by now. It is, perhaps, in the scope of all the rest of this, the single most petty thing to worry about but it's definitely the one thing we keep returning to. It's almost as if our current consciousness is really just a chunk of another reality out of place in this Rekon, struggling to smooth over the rough edges in our missing memory. And, of course, if we can't get past that, we can't move on to remembering everything else that's been said a thousand times. Brikwarriors have the worst, most herp-derp, memories ever and it's hilarious.

Seeing it all "in writing" is nice, though.