fourhundred metal

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: BFenix, Apollyon

fourhundred metal

Postby RunsWithLegos » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:54 am

A good friend of mine gifted me four hundred metal songs. how should i go about enjoying this gift?
User avatar
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2842
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:45 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: fourhundred metal

Postby Silverdream » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:19 am

By listening to each song, and then listening to your favourites.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7554
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: fourhundred metal

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:24 am

You must first go through several safety measures.

6: carefully remove all so called "Modern Punk Metal" from the bundle. Punk music only exists from artists that still make music from 30 years ago. Modern punk is just screamo whiny shit.

7: remove any suicide silence because they suck ass.

8: make sure it is actually metal. Remove all Greenday, Blink 182, etc and delete the files. Put Boston, Kansas, and ELO into a different playlist for future listening.

9: Finally, remove Black Metal too. Usually it's grunge like instrumentals with satanic lyrics. This one is more of a personal preference, if you're a satanist you'll enjoy it.
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
Image
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: fourhundred metal

Postby Zupponn » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:04 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:8: make sure it is actually metal. Remove all Greenday, Blink 182, etc and delete the files. Put Boston, Kansas, and ELO into a different playlist for future listening.

I doubt any of those bands are in the group.

samuelzz10 wrote:9: Finally, remove Black Metal too. Usually it's grunge like instrumentals with satanic lyrics. This one is more of a personal preference, if you're a satanist you'll enjoy it.

Hahahaha. Black Metal is like Grunge? What the hell you smoking boy?
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5615
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: fourhundred metal

Postby Silverdream » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:07 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:You must first go through several safety measures.

6: carefully remove all so called "Modern Punk Metal" from the bundle. Punk music only exists from artists that still make music from 30 years ago. Modern punk is just screamo whiny shit.

7: remove any suicide silence because they suck ass.

8: make sure it is actually metal. Remove all Greenday, Blink 182, etc and delete the files. Put Boston, Kansas, and ELO into a different playlist for future listening.

9: Finally, remove Black Metal too. Usually it's grunge like instrumentals with satanic lyrics. This one is more of a personal preference, if you're a satanist you'll enjoy it.


Image
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7554
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: fourhundred metal

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:49 pm

Silverdream wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:You must first go through several safety measures.

6: carefully remove all so called "Modern Punk Metal" from the bundle. Punk music only exists from artists that still make music from 30 years ago. Modern punk is just screamo whiny shit.

7: remove any suicide silence because they suck ass.

8: make sure it is actually metal. Remove all Greenday, Blink 182, etc and delete the files. Put Boston, Kansas, and ELO into a different playlist for future listening.

9: Finally, remove Black Metal too. Usually it's grunge like instrumentals with satanic lyrics. This one is more of a personal preference, if you're a satanist you'll enjoy it.


Image

care to elaborate?
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
Image
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: fourhundred metal

Postby Silverdream » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:32 am

I love Green Day's older stuff. Blink 182 isn't bad.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7554
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: fourhundred metal

Postby BFenix » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:10 pm

Silverdream wrote:By listening to each song, and then listening to your favourites.


Indeed. Then search for the rest of the stuff from the bands you enjoyed the most. Also related.


Proceed to listening to that stuff while MOCing and behold the awesomeness in your hands.
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
User avatar
BFenix
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4696
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: City Of Ravens (Lisbon)

Re: fourhundred metal

Postby samuelzz10 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:04 pm

BFenix wrote:Then search for the rest of the stuff from the bands you enjoyed the most. Also related.

Make sure if you are buying their other things you don't buy greatest hits albums. That means if you want to get their entire discography, you'll end up getting repeats. Unless it's a live album, those are different.
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
Image
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: fourhundred metal

Postby Bragallot » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:15 am

I always avoid those as well. It's really irritating when you're trying to find Deep Purple of Alice Cooper stuff all you really find is compilation albums.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
User avatar
Bragallot
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5375
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Gloating over my driver's license

Re: fourhundred metal

Postby BFenix » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:57 am

I would counter that with very few examples. Dio's Diamonds (Best Of) is actually a decent compilation of Dio's best work (also the most popular), though that should inspire you to listen to the rest of the discography, and not simply stick to that album in particular.
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
User avatar
BFenix
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4696
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: City Of Ravens (Lisbon)

Re: fourhundred metal

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:41 pm

Honestly a best of album is a great way to find out if you like a band.


Then just, you know. Pirate the discography.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6373
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Re: fourhundred metal

Postby Zupponn » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:57 am

IVhorseman wrote:Then just, you know. Pirate the discography.

Yaaarrrr!!!!
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5615
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: fourhundred metal

Postby Bragallot » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:18 am

Nah. Where I get my CD's I'm able to buy them for an average of 7-9 euros per CD, less if you really pay attention to the deals. Really isn't worth the trouble of downloading... I'll usually listen on Spotify first to see if it's worth buying.

I do get compilation albums of bands I'm interested in but just don't want a whole album of. Like (and I know I'm going to get killed for saying this) Megadeth.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
User avatar
Bragallot
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5375
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Gloating over my driver's license

Re: fourhundred metal

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:27 am

Nothin wrong with Megadeth.

but 0-0 euros is pretty nice.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6373
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Next

Return to The Metal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests