The future of Brikwars RPG's

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Re: The future of Brikwars RPG's

Post by alphafalcon541 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:05 pm

I am liking this new system Bricksyd. I would love to see a playtest using this but do you mind if I borrow some of it to combine with the other rpgs. I'm starting to compile stuff together for a true full rulebook supplmenet
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:00 pm

So, a level one hero who puts his point into damage is immediately dead at the start of the battle right?

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:17 pm

I'd make it so a regular minifig had either Level 0 or Level 1 in everything. Ie 1d6 skill, 5" move, 1d6 armor, +0 damage are all on the same level.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Zupponn wrote:So, a level one hero who puts his point into damage is immediately dead at the start of the battle right?
In a battle consisting of just 2 basic heroes who put their point into damage.
The winner depends on who goes first, which is decided by a coin toss.
Whoever wins the coin toss goes first, immediately dies and loses.
Assuming you are playing by Colbert house rules.

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:23 pm

alphafalcon541 wrote:I would love to see a playtest using this but do you mind if I borrow some of it to combine with the other rpgs. I'm starting to compile stuff together for a true full rulebook supplmenet
Feel free to use whatever you want from it.

I'm working on that forum play test. It is almost ready but I have a tendency to be quite slow so...
Still, here's a teaser:
Spoiler
Show
Zupponn wrote:So, a level one hero who puts his point into damage is immediately dead at the start of the battle right?
He still need to suffers one hit to lose his life.
I though it was nice to have level = skill modifier (HP and +dmg) but I can see that some people are easily confused so I may be wrong.

In the end,it does not matter because of the way the character sheet is managed:
When your character receives one point of damage, add one rounded 1x1 red transparent tile (blood) on a HP of your character sheet. If there's no more HP to be marked, your character dies. Spill blood around his body.
Arkbrik wrote:I'd make it so a regular minifig had either Level 0 or Level 1 in everything. Ie 1d6 skill, 5" move, 1d6 armor, +0 damage are all on the same level.
This is what I originally did but in that case you would logically reach 2d6 skill at skill level 4 but 2d6 makes any skill roll with a use rating of 3 either a crit fail or an automatic success.
Also, how would someone creates an incompetent character? I know nobody would normally want an incompetent hero but this is brikwars so..
Last edited by BrickSyd on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:37 pm

Well if the standard minifig is Level 1 in everything then you could get 4 points to spend and have better Skill but worse Armor or something.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:45 pm

epic bricksyd
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Well I think I will start my battle at level 2 or 3 but you can start yours at level 4. You can even start with brikwars Heroes (level 10) if you want.

The xp system is also flexible. You can (technically) set to length of the xp bar to any number of studs. If you are playing a quick game and don't want to track xp, simply do that:
Vaguely quoting somebody that wrote:When the Adventurer kills an opponent with a Skill rating, make one final roll of the Adventurer's Skill against the opponent's Skill. If the Adventurer's roll is lower, then he "levels up".
But you can also make it so that the heroes from the first part of the QoP will still be leveling in the final chapter.
Last edited by BrickSyd on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:52 am

Natalya wrote:My greatest dream is to build a decent sized city out of Lego that looks reasonably realistic, and then use it for like a continuous roleplay. The 3rd part of the Head Separator battle had about the size I'm hoping for, but with better buildings and stuff. People would have houses or apartments and could live there and then like there would be NPC quests and stuff or something awesome like that.
I tried something like this, like 4 years ago, it fell apart pretty quick, but it was pretty cool while it lasted. I think an improvement would be to just set it on a giant spaceship.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:36 pm

Omg It could be like a Starship RPG, that would be totally sick. But it would be more fun if the starship had places to visit.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:24 am

Just keep a few baseplates on the side for ground exploration, and use the unused foliage or new set parts for locations and shit.

Also, I forgot to mention this last post, but that RPG setup you have BrickSyd, looks amazing.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:34 am

Scratch wrote:Just keep a few baseplates on the side for ground exploration, and use the unused foliage or new set parts for locations and shit.

Also, I forgot to mention this last post, but that RPG setup you have BrickSyd, looks amazing.
BrickSyd is always amazing, he was literally the reason I joined the forums.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:08 pm

There could be a space colony thingy a a hub and then players could journey out on ships and stuff.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:16 pm

Many thanks for the positives comments.

I was actually expecting more comments from you Colette as you have shown interest in the RPG style and what I propose is quite different than what you have summarized.

You said you weren't satisfied with your xp system (mostly due to the math and time involved through each level I think). My xp system does not requires any maths since all the required values (mostly skill or CP cost) are already defined variable. It also provides an experience curve and is very easy to track (btw, because stacking up to 20-25 tiles on each stud of the xp bar of every character would be impractical, use a second type of tiles that is worth your current level of xp points. This reduce the required number of xp tiles to a fraction of what it would be using only 1 type of tile).

I feel the Supernatural Power is a section that will need some work as I have never really used SP.
Natalya wrote:Omg It could be like a Starship RPG, that would be totally sick. But it would be more fun if the starship had places to visit.
This is exactly what I have in mind. The SHIP I want to use is partly built with bridge, medical bay, storage room, hangar, crew area, captain's quarter, landing gears...

*EDIT
Updated the orinigal description with additionnal info.
Maybe this topic and this one
should be merged together?

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:38 pm

After some nice time in the chat yesterday, I made more calculations about XP curve and leveling time.

There are two different playstyles that need to be taken into account: Those who want to start with a strong hero that will level quickly over one single battle (see QuickwaRPG) and those who want to keep their character for a long time and get the chance to improve it in every battles (see Campaign).

QuickwaRPG:
When the Adventurer kills an opponent with a Skill rating, make one final roll of the Adventurer's Skill against the opponent's Skill. If the Adventurer's roll is lower, then he "levels up" (Do not require to track XP).

Campaign:
Set the length of the XP bar to a number of studs that will fit your campaign needs (If you set the XP bar to a single stud, it will only requires 91xp to go from level 1 to level 14 for example which is probably even faster than QuickwaRPG).

Don't forget that characters can be allowed to begin at any level and also that a group of heroes above level 10 will suffer from crankiness.

I also updated my first post