BrickArms Heavy Metal

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

the enigma that is badger
Officer

BrickArms Heavy Metal

Post by the enigma that is badger » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:34 pm

I don't think I've ever posted here, but given how these creations seem right up the Brikwars alley (read: oversized death machines), I thought I'd post them to this board.

Recently, Will send me some articles (tests of a new production mold) of his new M2HB Machine Gun, and, feeling inspired by all the new parts, I came up with a few interesting combinations:

Tripod-Mounted M134D Minigun:

Heavy Scifi Incinerator:

Hand-Held Chaingun:

G.I. Joe Roadblock with Hand-Held M2 Machine Gun:

Maxim / Vickers Machine Gun:

Steampunk(ish) Hand-Held Gatling Gun

Heavy Scifi Cannon:

Republic Trooper with BT-X40 Flamethrower:

"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Re: BrickArms Heavy Metal

Post by Bragallot » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:37 pm

the enigma that is badger wrote:Republic Trooper with BT-X40 Flamethrower:

Not bad.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:05 pm

the enigma that is badger wrote:[
Heavy Scifi Cannon:

This is too cool.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Can a minifig grip the dual handles without popping its arms off? In the pictures you have, they're not in their sockets.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Officer

Post by the enigma that is badger » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:15 am

aoffan23 wrote:Can a minifig grip the dual handles without popping its arms off?
Nope. Will said this on Flickr:
Will wrote:A minifig cannot grasp the paddles with two hands. To do so, would restrict the posing, since the minifig's hands move closer together the higher you raise them, and further apart as you lower them
I can see where having something that could be gripped with both fig hands at once might seem nice, but having the part in hand, it's clear that to do that, it'd have to be a much larger piece for that width that be necessary. As is, it's nice and sleek, and the popped arm posing is way easier to pose and better approximates the real-life grip someone has when using spade grips.
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Needs more skills.

I've seriously been considering buying brickarms, but I like the challenge of detailing small, brick-built weapons too much.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Officer

Post by the enigma that is badger » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:12 pm

Silent-sigfig wrote:Needs more skills.
These really aren't anything I'd call MOCs; they barely even qualify as builds. Not to get artsy, but I'd probably call them studies exploring potential uses for all the parts in future builds.

Unfortunately, I moved overseas about a year ago, and right now all I have to work with are a bunch of figs, some bags of BrickArms, and all the bricks from the rancor set; no way am I spending the € for what LEGO goes for over here. What I'd really like to do is take what I've learned from making these and build more stuff like this:

Silent-sigfig wrote:I've seriously been considering buying brickarms, but I like the challenge of detailing small, brick-built weapons too much.
More than understand, but I'd toss out that if that's what you enjoy, you might enjoy some of the BA multi-part stuff like the Minigun and MAAWS, if only for their parts and how many different ways you can mix them with LEGO to make weaponry.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:14 pm

Don't forget the monopod and u-clip. Those really add to what you can do with Lego weapons.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:48 pm

the enigma that is badger wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote:I've seriously been considering buying brickarms, but I like the challenge of detailing small, brick-built weapons too much.
More than understand, but I'd toss out that if that's what you enjoy, you might enjoy some of the BA multi-part stuff like the Minigun and MAAWS, if only for their parts and how many different ways you can mix them with LEGO to make weaponry.
You know, the new M2HB is the only multi-part brickarms weapon that looks good. I think all the other ones look fairly goofy.

The firearms almost universally look good--its just the only ones I would buy would be either the Pulse rifle or the XM8.
silverdream wrote:Don't forget the monopod and u-clip. Those really add to what you can do with Lego weapons.
I've thought about it, but Lego makes their own, albeit clunky, monopods; and I'm certain that they'll have their own U-clip within the next two years.
BFenix wrote:

Officer

Post by the enigma that is badger » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Silverdream wrote:Don't forget the monopod and u-clip. Those really add to what you can do with Lego weapons.
Definitely! Those things are ridiculously useful in builds. Even better was when Will released the rubber versions of the U-Clips; those things grip just as well (if not better) as the regular plastic ones and are fairly indestructible.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:43 am

I know better than to ask for release dates, but still, these had better come out.

SOON.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:14 am

Silent-sigfig wrote:I've thought about it, but Lego makes their own, albeit clunky, monopods; and I'm certain that they'll have their own U-clip within the next two years.
For a long time I thought brickarms, while nice and well-molded, were superfluous in the grand scheme of things as lego's official guns look OK already. What pushed me over the edge and made me buy Brickarms was their u clips and their bipod- I haven't come up with a purist solution I like. Additionally, the weird colors in the mystery packs are nice opportunities for NPU.

Officer

Post by the enigma that is badger » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:I know better than to ask for release dates, but still, these had better come out.

SOON.
I know as much as you do! Still, if all the M2HB parts are already at the articles stage, it's only a matter of time for Will to work with his tooler to get all the mold ready for production runs. No idea the other stuff (tripod and MPC), but they are awesome so hopefully Will might put the designs into full production sooner than later.

lorbaat
Minifig

Post by lorbaat » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Colette wrote:What pushed me over the edge and made me buy Brickarms was their u clips and their bipod- I haven't come up with a purist solution I like.
The true purist's reaction to this dilemma is to keep seeking a solution using Lego elements.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:45 pm

lorbaat wrote:
Colette wrote:What pushed me over the edge and made me buy Brickarms was their u clips and their bipod- I haven't come up with a purist solution I like.
The true purist's reaction to this dilemma is to keep seeking a solution using Lego elements.
BFenix wrote: