The Mjolnir Coalition

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

halo 3000
I though bringing it up might possibly get me one

The Mjolnir Coalition

Post by halo 3000 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:19 am

Hey guys, I finally got around to creating a backstory for my faction. I'm not the best writer, but I think I did a pretty good job on this, so tell me what you think!

The Mjolnr Colony
Spoiler
Show
The Mjolnir colony was founded in G.R 2,006 on the planet Mjolnir, located on the outer rim of the Brikverse. Like many other colonies, it was neglected and eventually was forgotten by its homeworld. Forced to fend for itself, the colony struggled to survive for its first couple of years. By G.R 2,008 the colony had spread all across the planet and had split into three major powers, each fighting the others for resources and land. After years of fighting the powers were almost to the point of nuclear war. Without warning, an alien insect-like species invaded the planet. The three powers were forced to work together, and they eventually prevailed against the foreign threat. After the war was over, the three powers decided to form the Mjolnir Coalition, though, shortly after the Coalition was formed the struggle for resources reminded them of why they started fighting in the first place. Instead of resorting to war again, they looked to the stars. By extracting resources from asteroids and planets in the system they could remain peaceful. The Mjolnir Coalition began construction of a star fleet. Unfortunately, they were limited to their own system because the technology for Faster than Light Travel was lost in the early days of expansion. The Mjolnir Science Initiative was formed to reverse engineer the alien ships that had been destroyed in the invasion. By G.R 2,009, The MSI had succeeded in acquiring the FTl technology and had outfitted their now moderately large star fleet with it. The Mjolnir Coalition then focused their efforts on colonizing other systems.
Fast forward to G.R 2,012, The Mjolnir Coalition is now a vast empire that has colonized hundreds of systems. During the planning of the colonization efforts, the Mjolnir Coalition promised not to also commit the sins that their ancient founders committed when founding the Mjolnir colony.
Colonization Doctrine
Spoiler
Show
The Mjolnir Coalition formed strict doctrines that colony fleets had to follow. According to the Colonization Doctrine, each colony must be entirely self-sufficient in case contact is lost from the Homeworld due to a number of circumstances. Each fleet must be accompanied with a company of Coalition Marines, the Mjolnir Coalitions primary military force.

A small colony on a temperate world. this colony bears the colors of the 17th CMEF. Colonies will typically have two to three residential structures/Marine barracks, a command center, a vehicle bay, and a power station.

A small Colonization fleet. Every capital ship in the Mjolnir Coalition fleet is capable of founding its own colony.
Mjolner Coalition Marine Expeditionary Force
Spoiler
Show
Formed out of paranoia that the Alien threat would return, the CMEF is the Mjolnir Coalition’s primary military force. There are hundreds of companies of marines that accompany colonization fleets. Each company is tasked with protecting its assigned colonies from the various threats of the galaxy. Each company acts independently of one another, and are spread out between the colonies. A typical company consists of 10,000 to 50,000 marines aboard a large fleet of warships.

342nd CMEF
The 342nd Coalition Marine Expeditionary Force specializes in defending desert worlds. They are currently tasked with wiping out an indigenous population of barbaric masked humanoid creatures that ride large bison-like animals.

128th CMEF
It is rare that a company of marines is not assigned with protecting colonies, but the 128th Coalition Marine Expeditionary Force is one of few exceptions. The 128th CMEF work alongside the Mjolnir Science Initiative. Usually, they are clearing out derelict alien ships, or defending dig sites that the egg heads are studying.

30th CMEF
The 30th Coalition Marine Expeditionary Force specializes in defending Artic Planets. During the early days of the Mjolnir Expansion, they found a planet that was already inhabited by a tribe of chainsaw wielding minifigs. As it turns out, this tribe was also a lost colony of the same homeworld the Mjolnir Colony has originated from. Discovering the two colonies brotherhood, the celebrated by exchanging technologies between each other. The Mjolnir Coalition could always count on their newfound allied that inhabit this Ice World. The state of the 30th CMEF is currently unknown. The last transmissions from this company described them fighting off a shape-shifting xeno that took the form of the victims it had killed.

17th CMEF
"Exsisto validus quod of a bonus virtus"
The 17th Coalition Marine Expeditionary Force is one of the largest companies that is under the command of the Mjolnir Coalition. The 17th CMEF fights under the motto: "Exsisto validus quod of a bonus virtus" meaning "Be strong and of a good courage." This company is one of the first twenty that was formed during the initial unification of the three powers. They not only have the task of defending colonies, but also scouting deep outside Mjolnir Coalition territory. Recently, they have found a new galaxy with countless factions warring against each other.
I'll be adding more sections to this covering every vehicle in my faction and stuff like that soon. Right now, I've got to go to bed
"My name is Art Vandelay. I'm an architect."~George Costanza

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Re: The Mjolnir Coalition

Post by Lord Mercat » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:37 am

This is easily the best use of star wars fig parts in a non star wars faction-ever. Absolutely stellar. Like the back story as well.

Question(s) though- is that white euro armor some of your figs are sporting? I didn't know they made it in that color. Or is just paint/vinyl dye?
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.
Marriages Saved: 1

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:42 am

Loving what you did with the scout trooper in the bottom pic

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:47 am

Cool stuff as always. I always appreciate a good backstory.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:19 am

I like it, as always.
Particularly fond of that colony.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:06 am

The scout trooper in the last pic is awesome. Well done.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

halo 3000

Post by halo 3000 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:59 am

Lord Mercat wrote:Question(s) though- is that white euro armor some of your figs are sporting? I didn't know they made it in that color. Or is just paint/vinyl dye?
You know, you are the first person to ever ask me about them. You are correct, they aren't made in that color. I bought them off a website years ago, but I can't remember the name. It was "something fine clothing" I think. they seem to be made out of weaker plastic than regular Lego, but i'm not sure.
Overwatch_Elite and Silver wrote:Cool scout trooper bro.
Thanks, you guys mean the whole line of them?
Kalvinator wrote:Cool stuff as always. I always appreciate a good backstory.
Thanks! glad you enjoyed it.
Quantumsurfer wrote:I like it, as always.
Particularly fond of that colony.
I might try to make a ruleset for a game of that scale. Maybe I'm too ambitious. Anyway, any chance you could make a page on the Wiki for the Mjolnir Coalition? That would be awesome.

Also, In the stories I threw in some references to various Sci-Fi movies and games. Did anyone pick up on them?

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:40 am

halo 3000 wrote:
Overwatch_Elite and Silver wrote:Cool scout trooper bro.
Thanks, you guys mean the whole line of them?
This guy right here
I have no idea what he's supposed to be but I like it.

halo 3000

Post by halo 3000 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:15 pm

Overwatch_Elite wrote:
This guy right here
I have no idea what he's supposed to be but I like it.
Ah, He's a hardsuit marine.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:06 pm

halo 3000 wrote: Also, In the stories I threw in some references to various Sci-Fi movies and games. Did anyone pick up on them?
I got the "Thing" reference. I might re-read and see if I can pick up any more.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:20 pm

I got the Tusken Raider and Ice World references.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:00 pm

MSI is the more obvious reference.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

halo 3000

Post by halo 3000 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:21 pm

Silverdream wrote:MSI is the more obvious reference.
I actually didn't mean for that one to be a reference. While I was writing it I thought, "something else has the abbreviation MSI" but I wasn't sure what it was.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:06 pm

halo 3000

Post by halo 3000 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:Got you started.
http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... _Coalition
Dude that's awesome. How do we add pictures?