The official LOOT topic

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: fredde, Dr. X, ikensall

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby Insert_blank » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:28 am

Not bipolar, forced into a position of responsibility he didn't ask for or seek out. I think by Counter Attack he wanted Amuro to take him down, regardless of the Federation's corruption (if you watched ZZ the ending basically sets Counterattack up perfectly and sort of explains Char's motivations better but most people skip that series).
Finally you can't convince me any mobile suit is cooler than Hyaku Shiki and Char as Quattro was so badass in Zeta.
月にかわってお仕置きよ!
月の光は愛のメセジ
Insert_blank
Cannon Fodder

Postby Natalya » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:13 pm

Whiteagle wrote:Speaking of the Lego Company...
DAMN YOU MIKE!
You had the design team snoop around here for ideas, didn't you?!
I don't think it's a coincidence that the joint Natalya used on her Spider Tank ended up in the waist of the Eradicator!

Wait, what? You mean a part of the upper legs?
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby lorbaat » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:36 pm

My grocery store had Gandalf Arrives for 50% off, so I got that.
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby Whiteagle » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:49 pm

Natalya wrote:
Whiteagle wrote:Speaking of the Lego Company...
DAMN YOU MIKE!
You had the design team snoop around here for ideas, didn't you?!
I don't think it's a coincidence that the joint Natalya used on her Spider Tank ended up in the waist of the Eradicator!

Wait, what? You mean a part of the upper legs?

I don't know, the one with the axle with Stud plugged into a technic hole brick...
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby Kastrenzo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:18 pm

I've gotten pretty lazy latley with my minifigs, afterall my white army is almost entirley SW Troopers.

Was looking at that Escape Black Star Superman set because I kind of want one of those Kryptonians, I'd use him as a hero or something for my black army.
Other than that I've got absolutley no breathing room for any other lego sets. I already made an order on pick a brick for the parts to make about 30 Rifle, a dozen rocket launchers, 25 Full Minifigs to add to my black army, and like 80 sets of headgear for the black, blue and white armies. as well as some random stuff like female minifig hair which I don't have much of, and some other random decoration peices

It's shipping from friggin Poland, and given where Poland is I will probably be playing Grand Theft Auto 5 and will have forgotten about it by the time it arrives.

I once Ordered something from the UK and that took like nearly two months flat to arrive. and that's in Western Europe.
If I had of known PAB comes from Poland, I wouldn't have ordered.
Kastrenzo
Minifig

Postby Kastrenzo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:30 pm

lorbaat wrote:My grocery store had Gandalf Arrives for 50% off, so I got that.

I remember years ago when I was in the grocery store the only sets they usually carried were little $4-5 things consisting of like one minifigure or a small <30 peices car.
I remember buying a lot of these.. I really miss the mid 90s-2004 ish Lego, Not this abundance of Licensed crap today. Main reason why I have so many SW figs is because there isn't a proper SciFi theme out there, And Galaxy Squad -just- started like last year. Or some time after I took a break from Lego.
Kastrenzo
Minifig

Postby Whiteagle » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Kastrenzo wrote:I remember years ago when I was in the grocery store the only sets they usually carried were little $4-5 things consisting of like one minifigure or a small <30 peices car.
I remember buying a lot of these..

Well they still have those in Polybags, they just need to keep them in stock since the good ones sell so fast.
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby lorbaat » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Kastrenzo wrote:
lorbaat wrote:My grocery store had Gandalf Arrives for 50% off, so I got that.

I remember years ago when I was in the grocery store the only sets they usually carried were little $4-5 things consisting of like one minifigure or a small <30 peices car.
I remember buying a lot of these.. I really miss the mid 90s-2004 ish Lego, Not this abundance of Licensed crap today. Main reason why I have so many SW figs is because there isn't a proper SciFi theme out there, And Galaxy Squad -just- started like last year. Or some time after I took a break from Lego.

The giant megagrocery near me has a semi-decent toy aisle, but whoever buys for/prices it is an idiot. The Gandalf set wasn't the only one at 50%, but I had the others and they weren't calling my name. They were all marked "discontinued" which I'm pretty sure some of them aren't. And even if they are... really? 50% off?

Anyway, it was a nice treat for me.
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby Kastrenzo » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:13 am

I don't think the grocers even sell toys around here anymore.

I remember one of them used to sell video games and game consoles, the electronics section was at the front of the store with big glass windows, and someone took a 4x4 and drove it through the windows and stole like 12 Xbox 360s,

Need I remind you this was not in Texas or Georgia, but the middle of bumfuck nowhere Atlantic Canada
Kastrenzo
Minifig

Postby Silverdream » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:33 am

Kastrenzo wrote:I don't think the grocers even sell toys around here anymore.

I remember one of them used to sell video games and game consoles, the electronics section was at the front of the store with big glass windows, and someone took a 4x4 and drove it through the windows and stole like 12 Xbox 360s,

Need I remind you this was not in Texas or Georgia, but the middle of bumfuck nowhere Atlantic Canada

Yeah, for some reason people do crimes in Canada. I think it's because no one will expect it.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Swordsalmon » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:31 pm

Just got the Temple of Light and Heroic Heroes of the Deep on clearance from Wal-Mart. Down to $50 and $11 respectively. Oh yeah. :)
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.
Swordsalmon
Dimmy

Postby Kastrenzo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:46 am

The Walmart here don't even cut their prices on Lego. ever
Kastrenzo
Minifig

Postby The Shadowscythe » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:06 am

Kastrenzo wrote:The Walmart here don't even cut their prices on Lego. ever

Douse them in acid.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby lorbaat » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:09 am

I finally caved and picked up the Iron Man 3 Malibu Mansion set. Now I'm required to buy the stupid little set for the Heartbreaker armor, and at some point no doubt I will cave completely and buy the speedboat set that comes with War Machine.

Damn you, Lego. Your carefully doled out selection of Minifigs has successfully suckered me.
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby Bragallot » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:34 am

*cue diabolical TLC laughter*
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to Bricks