Adamarian Osprey here I come.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby Silverdream » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Got two of these for the treads and parts:

Ended up making a Britannian car.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Kastrenzo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:58 pm

lorbaat wrote:
Kastrenzo wrote:
lorbaat wrote:My grocery store had Gandalf Arrives for 50% off, so I got that.

I remember years ago when I was in the grocery store the only sets they usually carried were little $4-5 things consisting of like one minifigure or a small <30 peices car.
I remember buying a lot of these.. I really miss the mid 90s-2004 ish Lego, Not this abundance of Licensed crap today. Main reason why I have so many SW figs is because there isn't a proper SciFi theme out there, And Galaxy Squad -just- started like last year. Or some time after I took a break from Lego.

The giant megagrocery near me has a semi-decent toy aisle, but whoever buys for/prices it is an idiot. The Gandalf set wasn't the only one at 50%, but I had the others and they weren't calling my name. They were all marked "discontinued" which I'm pretty sure some of them aren't. And even if they are... really? 50% off?

Anyway, it was a nice treat for me.

Lego used to sell small sets of characters from StarWars, that is until Hasbro supposedley sued them for "infringing on their action figure contracts with lucasarts",

I imagine that's why you can only buy liscened minifigs at minimum in $15 sets.

Also, I haven't paid much attention to the actual business/product rollouts of the lego company, Is it true that they do Summer/Winter sets, or is the stuff that's shown on their shop site now pretty much all that's going to be available until 2014?

This years product line has been piss-poor, a Couple SW sets and that's pretty much it for what's interested me. they don't even have proper bulldozers or backhoes or anything anymore, no tracks on anything just big wheels, I think the only set that has tracks is that SW tank silver linked above.
Kastrenzo
Minifig

Postby Kastrenzo » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:28 pm

Currentley travelling, Stopped in a toysrus and Got a 76003, Battle of Smallville, This will be my last pickup *aside from the bulk order of minifigs and accessories I have due to arrive this week* for a long time., i'm not one for superheroes, but I wanted some of those kryptonian bad guys, and I can make use of pretty much all the parts.
What I usually do with stock sets is I leave them for a few months and then I take a look at them and either cannibalize them, or I modify them.. once in a while I leave them be as is.

Not sure what to do with the superman minifig though, maybe when I get home I'll redesign him as STUPIDMAN

It's got four unique minifig wigs though, will be useful when it comes to making heroes and unique characters and such

also for some reason it came with like 6 extra antennaes. as well as the usual 1x1 transparent stud peices and such
The army jeep is neat, but included in this set it annoys the piss out of me, it's so out of place. It's like. Yeah, this is a battle scene from the movie. Heres superman, heres some bad guys and their big gunship. oh, here's a rinky dink jeep with a bald US Marine, no helmet, and he's got a space gun. enjoy! /OCD
Kastrenzo
Minifig

Postby Silverdream » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:20 pm

I thought the bald guy was supposed to be Lex.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Kastrenzo » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:31 am

i don't watch a lot of tv, movies, and i never was into superhero stuff.

I used to get lex luthor and hannibal lector confused.

anyway no the bald fig is just some military guy.
you're thinking of this set http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Superman-vs- ... r-Lex-6862

like i said i don't pay attention to comics or anything, but it turns out that with the DC Heroes sets, they have them divided between comic book and movies. IE, There are two batman "bane" figures, one is the gasmask wearing bald dude, and the other is the fat luchador or wrestler or whatever
Kastrenzo
Minifig

Postby lorbaat » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:30 pm

Kastrenzo wrote:the other is the fat luchador or wrestler or whatever

You don't watch a lot of TV or movies and you're not into comic book stuff, but you know comic book Bane was a luchador?

And don't give me "it looks like a luchador mask". Half of the masks supers wear look like luchadors. Spider-man looks like a luchador.
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby james+burgundy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Got my Legos back
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby stubby » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:27 am

lorbaat wrote:You don't watch a lot of TV or movies and you're not into comic book stuff, but you know comic book Bane was a luchador?

And don't give me "it looks like a luchador mask". Half of the masks supers wear look like luchadors. Spider-man looks like a luchador.

I never read the Bane comics either, but even I know that's a luchador mask. Because it looks like a luchador mask.

So he was really a luchador in the story? That's dumb.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Zupponn » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:02 pm

I've always wanted to make a luchador army.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby lorbaat » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:49 pm

It's incredibly stupid, and that's before you factor in that he's a luchador that hatched a plan that outsmarted Batman.

But really, if you can tell Bane is a luchador from his mask but not suspect Deadpool, Spider-man, Wolverine, Taskmaster, Deathstroke, (pre-movie) Hawkeye, Flash, Captain America, Daredevil, Grendel, Cyclops, Spawn, Prowler, Spot, Klaw, Slyde, Crossbones, or a bunch of other characters that don't immediately spring to mind of having been Mexican wrestlers then you're a better man than I.
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby Insert_blank » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:49 pm

In my mind the difference lies solely in Bane's build which is quite pro-wrestler looking. Most other characters are streamlined and slim (despite technically being more muscular than humanly possible). Also I imagine some cultural osmosis has creeped into their brains to let them know he's a luchador.
萌えを覚えっていますか?
Douse yourself in water and repent.
Insert_blank
Cannon Fodder

Postby stubby » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Also none of those other guys' masks look like luchadors.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby CADmonkey » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:37 am

lorbaat wrote:Spider-man looks like a luchador.

CADmonkey
G+ | flickr | goodreads
CADmonkey
Hero

Postby Kastrenzo » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:03 pm

I don't see Luchadores in the same light as I used to, at least not after Saints Row 3, Anytime I see Wrestler, and Mask, I automatically think of

Fucking ridiculous..

Anyway, I knew what Bane's comic book appearance was because before going to see the dark knight rises, I did a little research on the character because i had no idea who bane was supposed to be. in contrast to the Joker, who I knew.
Kastrenzo
Minifig

PreviousNext

Return to Bricks