Syria

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Re: Syria

Postby Ben-Jammin » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:40 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:and blame it on Obama

Except that its not just Obama. As far as I'm concerned, both he and practically all of Congress are full of shit. Yeah, I might share more conservative values than liberal ones, but that honestly isn't the issue here. What is the issue is that both of them are fucking us over and need to be removed! Republi-can't, Democrap, whatever, all they care about is making their wallets bigger at the expense of the people. Not trying to sound like Comrade Communism here, but still, that's just my two cents.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby samuelzz10 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:

Except that its not just Obama. As far as I'm concerned, both he and practically all of Congress are full of shit. Yeah, I might share more conservative values than liberal ones, but that honestly isn't the issue here. What is the issue is that both of them are fucking us over and need to be removed! Republi-can't, Democrap, whatever, all they care about is making their wallets bigger at the expense of the people. Not trying to sound like Comrade Communism here, but still, that's just my two cents.

OK, well I don't see why the government shouldn't be looking for money, judging by the fact we are millions of dollars in debt.
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby stubby » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:In regards to what stubby said, yeah that could be true, but from what I can tell Russia isn't the Soviet Union anymore, and hasn't been for nearly twenty years.

Maybe you should look into Putin's organization a little more closely. Russia hasn't been the USSR for twenty years, but Putin never stopped. He's old-school KGB and when he took power he brought his whole organization in with him. If by "western ideas" you mean things like political freedom or free speech or economic freedom, then... nope. Pretty much the opposite of those. Time to do some research.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:20 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:
Ben-Jammin wrote:

OK, well I don't see why the government shouldn't be looking for money, judging by the fact we are millions of dollars in debt.

Fun FAct we are actually over 16 trillion dollars in debt right now
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?

Postby Ben-Jammin » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:09 pm

stubby wrote:
Ben-Jammin wrote:In regards to what stubby said, yeah that could be true, but from what I can tell Russia isn't the Soviet Union anymore, and hasn't been for nearly twenty years.

Maybe you should look into Putin's organization a little more closely. Russia hasn't been the USSR for twenty years, but Putin never stopped. He's old-school KGB and when he took power he brought his whole organization in with him. If by "western ideas" you mean things like political freedom or free speech or economic freedom, then... nope. Pretty much the opposite of those. Time to do some research.

Well what about that (admittedly short) period of time when he wasn't president and there was Medvedev or before Putin was in office and it was Yeltsin or whoever? Granted, Yeltsin probably had a lot on his plate at the time of his presidency, and Medvedev wasn't in there very long in comparison to Putin. Again, I can't say for sure; perhaps when it comes to determining the "goodness" of Russia then people compare the current government to that of the worst in its history, in this case that may be the Stalin regime.

To be more specific though, what exactly is the organization that Putin controls that you keep referring to? I know he's an ex-KGB officer, but the KGB was dissolved with the collapse of the Soviet Union itself. Is there some current "propaganda department" or some such group in the current Russian Federation? Or is it just him and a bunch of old KGB goons banding together to promote old Soviet ways?

samuelzz10 wrote:
Ben-Jammin wrote:

Well politicians are meant to be public servants (at least so I've been told), and honestly they shouldn't even really have a paycheck. Sure, I think they should be fed, sheltered, and clothed, but they should also have another job other than being a career politician. That is the problem. They are meant to serve us, not the other way around. Personally I look at a lot of them and can't help but notice that they think of themselves as being better than the rest of the populace for some reason, or that they are more concerned with a single individual group rather than the desires of the nation as a whole. This case in Syria is just one example. Over 75% of the U.S. population believe that we should stay out of it, and yet the senators and the president up in D.C. think we should go there anyway? They want to go to a war we aren't really involved in and risk not only going to war with Russia but also spending even more money we don't have? Sounds like bullshit to me.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby samuelzz10 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:51 pm

I know a lot of people who think going to Syria is a good idea, if it goes as planned, (which it hopefully will) Obama will send in some marines, take the weapons, (which already seems to be pretty squared out) and then we'll head the fuck out and call it a job done. I don't know how the story is developing right now, but I think people who don't want to go to Syria are just sick of the war on terror, but these are really two different things. One is a government, the other is a group of terrorists.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby stubby » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:22 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:I know a lot of people who think going to Syria is a good idea, if it goes as planned, (which it hopefully will)

Ugggghhh I'm super jaded about politicians' military operations going "as planned," especially after the previous administration's eight years of fuckups in the "going as planned" department. So I kind of hate to admit that, whatever else you might say about Obama, he has a pretty good record of his military ops going exactly the way they're supposed to.

Like I'm actually sitting here feeling regret about America's recent military successes because they stand in the way of my ability to make fun of your optimism.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby stubby » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:28 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:Well what about that (admittedly short) period of time when he wasn't president and there was Medvedev

Medvedev is Putin's puppet. When I say he brought in his whole organization, I mean that everyone in the cabinet was replaced by someone serving under Putin in the KGB, Medvedev included. When Medvedev became President, it was Putin that put him there, and it was Putin calling the shots while he was occupying the position.

Ben-Jammin wrote:Or is it just him and a bunch of old KGB goons banding together to promote old Soviet ways?

Oh, I started responding before I even finished reading. Yes, that exactly.

Ben-Jammin wrote:Except that its not just Obama. As far as I'm concerned, both he and practically all of Congress are full of shit. Yeah, I might share more conservative values than liberal ones, but that honestly isn't the issue here. What is the issue is that both of them are fucking us over and need to be removed! Republi-can't, Democrap, whatever, all they care about is making their wallets bigger at the expense of the people. Not trying to sound like Comrade Communism here, but still, that's just my two cents.

For sure. On this part I think most everybody agrees.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby samuelzz10 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:51 pm

stubby wrote:Like I'm actually sitting here feeling regret about America's recent military successes because they stand in the way of my ability to make fun of your optimism.

:lol:
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Zupponn » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:02 pm

Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:14 am

Now THAT'S a wallpaper.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby The Shadowscythe » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:29 am

"Inteeeeeeeeernational poleeeeertics"
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Ben-Jammin » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:27 am

stubby wrote:Like I'm actually sitting here feeling regret about America's recent military successes because they stand in the way of my ability to make fun of your optimism.

Well if nothing else, there have been more American servicemen that have died in under the direction of the Obama administration than under the previous one. Also note that I'm not saying either of them was really better; I may have liked Bush more, granted, but there were still plenty of faults there too.

You know, I can't help but feel like this war on terror thing has turned into almost as bad a failure as the Mexican war on drugs. Yeah, we deffinitely should apprehend terrorists, but do we need to completely destabalize the entire middle east to do so? And now they're wanting to bring refugees from Syria into America. Unbelieveable.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby samuelzz10 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:I may have liked Bush more

Oh, I get it. You're disabled.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:06 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:
Ben-Jammin wrote:I may have liked Bush more

Oh, I get it. You're disabled.

I thought it was IVHorseman.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion