My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Re: My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

Post by BrickSyd » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:58 pm

Lord Mercat wrote:Okay, so just to clarify the "instant" bit before I post orders- do I have to use the benny next turn, or can I hold onto it for when its needed?
Well I initially distributed them as Instant Benny but after giving it a second thought, they should be Almighty Bennies so yes, you can hold onto it for when its needed.

Alcatraz
Hero

Post by Alcatraz » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:45 pm

So are there any open slots? If not is there a waiting list?
Where is ze Brickarms!!!!

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:46 am

Okay, so we do seem to be in a bit of a bind here, I think its best we stick together and try and take out the savages, and then a medikal run would become more feasible. In my opinion, since the Post Apoc Survivor is pretty far away, he should either join up after killing that chieftan, and try and heal Vera along the way, or make a run for Carlos, so that we can re-add his not-insignificant firepower to our ranks. As for my orders:

Flash's comment to himself:
"Ah, another shiny and well deserved trophy to add to my collection- this will go nicely in my trophy wing! Although, come to think of it, after this, and cleaning up at the Spacefleet Awards Ceremony, I may need to add another wing to my ship's shrine to myself..."
Actual orders:

Should either Garth suceed in killing the YER, or the Space detective succeed in befriending it, Flash will grab one of those poo-on-a-sticks and use his supernatural power (1d10, 1d6 to enhance distance, 1d4 to enhance damage) to throw it (quite glamorously, or at least, as flashily as you CAN throw a stick of poop) at that lead savage archer in an attempt to decapitate him.

"Never fear, for though danger and despair may be upon us, and though we may indeed be facing a terrible end, I, the intrepid Captain Flash Maxwell, am your leader! And, as your leader, I am far too handsome for us to fall this day- justice shall prevail! Now, foul savage, you shall taste this proverbial justice!" *throw stick, and make SURE to pick up beamsaber/and/or briefcase again after throwing it*

After hurling the stick, take cover behind the furthest big rock (the smaller one).

Alternatively,
IF the YER is NOT killed or converted, Flash will instead twirl his beamsaber superfluously, then supercharge his beamsaber and break right through that shield (using supernatural dice in his typical flashy style) to kill the YER, and then take cover behind the same rock referred to earlier.

"Never fear, for though danger and despair may be upon us, and though we may indeed be facing a terrible end, I, the intrepid Captain Flash Maxwell, am your leader! And, as your leader, I am far too handsome for us to fall this day- justice shall prevail! Now, yellow electric rat, you shall pay the ultimate price for your crimes against spacefleet, this team, and, perhaps worst of all, for being a rat!" *attack YER in specified manner, and take cover*

either way, save the benny for a defensive maneuver should it become necessary.

(if I level up, use points on HP)
Last edited by Lord Mercat on Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.
Marriages Saved: 1

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:40 pm

I need order from Alphafalcon541 to complete this turn.
Alcatraz wrote:So are there any open slots? If not is there a waiting list?
All spots are filled right now. Maybe some new spots will open eventually but there is no waiting list.

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:59 am

Mosm the Redeemed (Kalvinator)
“Hmmm...well...if at all possible I'd like to be Mosm the Fully Redeemed. Anyway that can happen?”, Mosm asks.
The Gatekeeper replies:
“To fully redeem yourself, get back to the battlefield and honor the Emerald King by completing the Deadly Space Man quest.”

“If you prefer not to, you can wait with the others in the field of redemption for a thousand years.”

“Whatever you do, you should start by spending the level point you earned more than a month ago.”

Vera Zhrkvsk (Silverdream)
Vera failed at continuing to lie there and do nothing because she's dead (skill roll fail).
No picture of this unexpected event were taken at Vera's request.

Jaras Kyfi (Falk)
An healing aura surrounds Jaras.
It will increase the die size of a Ker-Triage! roll by one.

Carlos Indiana Devine (mgb519)
A flash of red light can be seen as Carlos spirit leaves his dead body to possess the nearest savage..

The possessed Savage immediately moves up and throws his axe at a hunter..

The hunter is killed and Carlos gets his share of +4xp!

Captain Flash Maxwell (Lord Mercat), The Space Detective (Scratch) and Garth Sneakyheadkiller (lawmaster)
"Ah, another shiny and well deserved trophy to add to my collection- this will go nicely in my trophy wing! Although, come to think of it, after this, and cleaning up at the Spacefleet Awards Ceremony, I may need to add another wing to my ship's shrine to myself..."

The Space Detective gets back up and asks the YER:
"Hey Rat, Truce?"

Faster than a response could come from the YER, Garth rolls over and strikes.

Garth dagger goes through both the shield and the neck of the YER (+5xp!)

Flash notices that Vera's body is no longer in the forest while the Space Detective attacks (and misses) one of the remaining hunter.

The Space Detective then takes cover behind the rocks.

"Never fear, for though danger and despair may be upon us, and though we may indeed be facing a terrible end, I, the intrepid Captain Flash Maxwell, am your leader!"
Flash picks up a branch (it's a branch, really).

''And, as your leader, I am far too handsome for us to fall this day- justice shall prevail!''
He enchants it with a d4 fire damage.

Forgetting that
[quote="Brikwars user manual, section 10.3: "SuperNatural Abilities""]
For every SuperNatural Die a unit has spent, it suffers a cumulative -1 Skill Penalty until that Die is returned.[/quote]
Flash adds another supernatural die to the branch.
“Now, foul savage, you shall taste this proverbial justice!"

Using his last supernatural d6 to boost range, Flash throws the stick at the group of hunters.

Throwing at a -3 skill penalty, it is without surprise that the stick completely misses the target and is lost over the mountain, far outside the map.

Flash picks up the briefcase again and take cover behind the rocks.

The Post-Apoc Survivor (alphafalcon541)
The Guard easily blocks the Post-Apoc Survivor attack with his shield.

The Savages (Alex)
Then he kills the Post-Apoc Survivor with a powerful hit from his battle axe.

The corpse of the Post-Apoc Survivor falls into the fire and starts to burn.

The flaming savage jumps into the pond.

He is no longer on fire.

The two remaining hunters decide to go after the Space Detective.

One of them flank him and hit! (-1hp)

Despite the high cover penalty, the last hunter gets two critical roll and kills the Space Detective!

Overwatch
Overwatch

Spoiler
Show

SEND MORE ORDERS!

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:04 pm

I'm gonna guess I can't use my potion on myself
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:16 pm

Someone (or something) must give it to you.

Or you can do like the others and think of some other way. While I wouldn't say that Vera was very successfull, it is working pretty well (so far) for Carlos.

Or you can put your level point into HP.

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:31 pm

I should get up and follow flash.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:56 pm

Just a suggestion to our daring captain, book it, the human guys look like they're probably just off screen, so they'll hopefully be able to help our sorry asses. Who still has medic skill who's alive?
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:50 pm

Good game guys.

Just kidding YER's dead body should attempt to learn Self-Destruct via move-tutor and create an electric explosion.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:13 pm

I think Max has the medic ability. Also the Post-Apoc guy but he's dead.

How long will my healing aura last?
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:41 pm

Depossess this guy and use specter powers to possess the next savage. Shoot the other savage bowman while in plain view of the now depossessed savage.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:50 pm

Falk wrote:I think Max has the medic ability. Also the Post-Apoc guy but he's dead.
Yes but the Post-Apoc Survivor also carries a restoration potion that can be used to revive someone.
Falk wrote:How long will my healing aura last?
The healing aura will last as long as you spend your supernatural d6 to maintain it.

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Okay, first off orders for the stick I threw that went off the map:

As the law of kaos states that any thrown object with explosive potential must eventually hit something and detonate- follow through till end of trajectory, hopefully exploding in the middle of the scout's camp (scout being the savage from earlier turns who spied on us and left to tell his warchief something), or, barring that, something that is vulnerable to random explosions, like a chicken coop or a farm in the midst of nowhere.

Now, for Flash:

Mumbling to himself: "Lets see, carry the two- ah, yes! One crewman still remaining, the trusty ork! Excellent!"

Turning to the corpses of the others: "Fear not, loyal crew! Though your lack of talent and inherent disregard for my authority has led to your untimely demises, I, the great Captain Flash Maxwell, shall never abandon you in your hour of need! You shall all live to thank me profusely and stand in awe of how great I am later on!"

At this moment, should Carlos fail to possess the savage bowmen and kill the other savage bowman, Flash will pull the apple from his inventory, and supercharge it (with only one die this time), tossing at the nearest savage hunter (not the one that killed the space detective) in an attempt to kill/disrupt/or otherwise distract the hunter(s), taking care NOT to forget the briefcase or his beamsaber.

"Now, lets see if the doctor was right- Apples Away- keep the doctors far, far away from me! Then, of course, as it clearly states in the spacefleet handbook, the Captain who fights and runs away.... Can always get a new crew, henchmen are most certainly replaceable, but good leadership is hard to find! Come, trusty Garth- Away!"

Then, after the apple is tossed, and before it detonates- Book it, using remaining supernatural power to enchance the sprint/sprint skill, whatever- flee towards ANYONE who may be able to help, preferably that crowd of humans shown in the OP if they are visible.

"Attention, prospective adventurers! Today I am offering an immediate Lieutenant's commission in spacefleet! Just think, Adventure, babes, endless prestige, undeserved and well abused authority, and did I mention the babes? All could be yours, and all I'll need in return is your absolute loyalty, and aid in defeating these unruly savages! Ahem, Although you've probably already noticed, I am the intrepid and legendary Captain Flash Maxwell, the most decorated Captain in all of Starfleet, and this limited offer DOES include my autograph!" 8)

If Carlos IS successful, then do the exact same thing as above, minus the apple grenade, and simply book it, looking for help. (same lines will be spoken, minus those referring to tossing the apple)

Also, save the benny for defensive/saving Flash's life purposes if neccessary.

And of course, if I do anything that would result in my leveling up, spend on HP.
Last edited by Lord Mercat on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.
Marriages Saved: 1

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:06 pm

"Right then...well...I guess I'll spend that point in HP (not that I really know where else I'd spend it) and next, if possible I would like to return to the field of battle!"