Brikwars Chat - We are on our periods

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Re: Brikwars Chat - We are on our periods

Postby Warhead » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:23 pm

Zupponn wrote:KISS are good entertainers, but terrible musicians. Sort of like modern day rappers and hip-hop artists.

...in drag.
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby samuelzz10 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:05 pm

Warhead wrote:
Zupponn wrote:KISS are good entertainers, but terrible musicians. Sort of like modern day rappers and hip-hop artists.

...in drag.

KISS was in drag? please.
I don't think KISS look THAT girly.
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:53 pm

[url=Here's a link to KISS]http://widget02.mibbit.com/?settings=3ecb1a44d030945490dec9a123e95baa&server=irc.mibbit.net&channel=%23Brickwars[/url]

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Warhead » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:57 pm

This may be why you have uncalled for erections when your male friends are near. It's not wrong, it's just that what I am saying here may help you understand why you're confused.

The Rappers and Hip Hop... artists... that Zupponn was comparing KISS to would have to wear drag to be a true comparison. I have no extensive knowledge in this field but know of no such Rap or Hippity Hoppity artists.
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Silverdream » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:17 pm

Warhead wrote:This may be why you have uncalled for erections when your male friends are near. It's not wrong, it's just that what I am saying here may help you understand why you're confused.

The Rappers and Hip Hop... artists... that Zupponn was comparing KISS to would have to wear drag to be a true comparison. I have no extensive knowledge in this field but know of no such Rap or Hippity Hoppity artists.

Rap can actually be really good, and tell interesting stories Just like Country music, there's alot of crap but there's also some really good shit if you're willing to look for it.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby samuelzz10 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:58 pm

Silverdream wrote:
Warhead wrote:This may be why you have uncalled for erections when your male friends are near. It's not wrong, it's just that what I am saying here may help you understand why you're confused.

Rap can actually be really good, and tell interesting stories Just like Country music, there's <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> of crap but there's also some really good shit if you're willing to look for it.

I don't like most rappers because they act gansta and serious but they are just rich black people most of the time that snort coke. Sir Mix-a-Lot is basically the only rapper I like (besides Lonely island and Mackelmore) because he isn't very serious, and he wasn't a try hard either.

I don't like Hiphop/pop because most of it is basically overproduced garbage, and when it isn't it usually is still bad.

Dubstep is OK, (but not "brostep", as Overwatch taught me) but most of it still dosen't appeal to me.

I hate country. I'll write a country song right now.

"country"
I love the country
I love the plains
I love the beer
and having fun with my friends
and drinking a lot
and riding horses
and beating my wife
in the country
YEE-HAAW

I hope I have demonstrated my point.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:39 pm

You demonstrated that you're dumb.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby samuelzz10 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:51 pm

Silverdream wrote:You demonstrated that you're dumb.

I love the elaboration and thought you have put into this response. You need say no more.

But seriously, don't get on me for narrow taste. I love folk (Neil Young, Jim Croce, Rodrigeuz) and some smooth jazz. (Mike Franks)
Also, you like Anal Cunt. Even by parody band standards, they're terrible.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:12 am

I like Anal Cunt because they're terrible. That's the point. They're supposed to be overly offensive and hard to listen to.

Johnny Cash is the shit. He's great, and so is his music. He's like my Uncle, but he doesn't have gout.

Also, I don't think you should be talking about superior taste.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby stubby » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:37 am

Silverdream wrote:I like Anal Cunt because they're terrible. That's the point. They're supposed to be overly offensive and hard to listen to.

They're silvadream: the band
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Apollyon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:30 am

stubby wrote:
Silverdream wrote:I like Anal Cunt because they're terrible. That's the point. They're supposed to be overly offensive and hard to listen to.

They're silvadream: the band

I refuse to believe Silva is an idiot at heart.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
Playmobil

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:36 pm

Johnny Cash is the shit. He's great, and so is his music. He's like my Uncle, but he doesn't have gout.

Also, I don't think you should be talking about superior taste.

Anal Cunt is terrible on purpose, I know, but they aren't even trying. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MohsScaleOfRockAndMetalHardness
It's incredibly easy to make a song that's an 11 on the Mohs scale, you just have to thrash around with a couple of distortion pedals. But they aren't hard to listen to because it's hard to make out what they're saying, it's because it sounds terrible. It's like how people don't like Weird Al songs based on annoying songs, no matter how funny the lyrical content is it still sounds annoying as fuck.

Johnny Cash is one of the 3-4 good country artists.

You probably know my taste from my classic rock thread. My tastes have changed A LOT in the past 6 months alone, so you probably don't know most the stuff I listen to now. I'm going through the complete discographies of:
-Cheap Trick
-Devo
-Dream Theater
-Gamma Ray
-Ramones
-Slade
-Thin Lizzy
-The Stooges
-Daft Punk (only Homework and Discovery)
and
-ZZTop
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:42 pm

So wait, you're saying a band that's trying to sound bad is bad because they sound bad?

And Lonely Island got annoying a long time before Weird Al did.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Zupponn » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:46 pm

I find it amusing that you have Dream Theater on your list Sam. I was super into classic rock in high school as well and then I discovered some great heavy metal bands, of which Dream Theater was one of the first.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby Warhead » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Silverdream wrote:

Rap can actually be really good, and tell interesting stories Just like Country music, there's <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> of crap but there's also some really good shit if you're willing to look for it.

Wouldn't know where to start. I think the last time I liked anything similar was in the 90's before it all became angry black gangsta Ice-T crap. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52AyzlxMyts not even sure this qualifies... that and Run DMC "walk this way" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B_UYYPb-Gk I do recall The Beasty Boys being bottled in Glasgow after they'd been telling us how hot shit they were. they walked off before they were dragged off.
Warhead
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion