concentrate your fire on the ennemy!

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

concentrate your fire on the ennemy!

Postby motorhead fan » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:42 pm

for those of you who have several heros, i thought of something cool:

lets say you have some guys and a hero, and the hero says concentrate your fire on the infantry(or something) then the soldiers get +1 rolls to hit on the target.

what do you guys think?
You want those Rebels dead? You are a penis compared to how much I want those Rebels dead!
motorhead fan
Jaw-Jaw

Re: concentrate your fire on the ennemy!

Postby Gungnir » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:13 am

motorhead fan wrote:several heroes

That's just not done.
motorhead fan wrote:lets say you have some guys and a hero, and the hero says concentrate your fire on the infantry(or something) then the soldiers get +1 rolls to hit on the target.
what do you guys think?

We have Officers for that.
Give a minifig an inch, and he'll murder for a mile.
Gungnir
Dimmy

Postby motorhead fan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:06 am

well my heros arent quite as powerful as the classic brikwars hero and i have seven in my army
You want those Rebels dead? You are a penis compared to how much I want those Rebels dead!
motorhead fan
Jaw-Jaw

Postby stubby » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:57 pm

Gungnir wrote:We have Officers for that.

Or, we will someday. We don't actually have them updated yet.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:09 pm

grammar here is very confusing.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Gungnir » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:11 am

motorhead fan wrote:well my heros arent quite as powerful as the classic brikwars hero and i have seven in my army

So they all take -6 on all their rolls? No wonder they aren't as powerful.
Give a minifig an inch, and he'll murder for a mile.
Gungnir
Dimmy

Postby motorhead fan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:58 pm

my heros(not Dalek heroes) usually die on a 6 or more happily for every amount of 6 they can role a dice to see if they "trip over" and the bullet flies past

sometimesthey also die on an eight for major heroes

ther usually make about 4D6 dmamage per weapon, sometimes more, it depends if their weapon is something maasivly awesome
motorhead fan
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Battlegrinder » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:14 pm

If you want to boost you hit%, just use binoculars. Last I checked, you can still get a +1 hit using them, even with the new rules. Not sure if they work with squads, we'll have to wait and see what the new rules say.

Also, why on earth do you have 7 heroes? No wonder a 6 is enough to put them down.

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Postby motorhead fan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:53 pm

well 2 are spartans so they are more powerful, one a terminator so hes well terminatory all the others are just like minor platoon leaders and all 7 of them serve as bodyguards to the skymarshal with his mega armor
motorhead fan
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Battlegrinder » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:13 pm

You can probably get away with just using the skymarshal as a traditional hero, and leave the others as buffed standard figs. There's a list of bonus traits floating around the forum somewhere, it's got stuff like damage resistance, CC weapons boosts, immunity to knockback, etc. Your spartans and terminator would be much better off using those traits rather than feats, since your opponent (generally) can't roll to oppose you using a trait, unlike with feats. Use regular officers for the platoon leaders.

Link: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5799
This page is probably one of the most useful threads on this forum, and it's the flat-out most useful for when you need to customize your army.

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Postby Silent-sigfig » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:50 pm

Stat-boosting feats are looked down upon because they promote shitheadedness, so such actions are best left out of heroes hands.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Battlegrinder » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:06 pm

Silent-sigfig wrote:Stat-boosting feats are looked down upon because they promote shitheadedness, so such actions are best left out of heroes hands.

If you go overboard, certainly (I am sadly speaking from personal experience, and not from being on the receiving end). But one or two bonuses handed out to a few units won't make an army over or underpowered, and can add a nice amount of flavor and specialization to the battle.

Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Postby motorhead fan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:54 am

ok thanks ill read the link and make some changes :D
motorhead fan
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Bluefog » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:06 pm

I don't know why you wouldn't have one hero and some officers. I personally run (now) a hero and then an officer for every squad. Hero's skill is D10, but I don't give them extra damage, just the same as anyone using whatever weapon type it is. The reason being is that the gun doesn't get better depending on who is using it, the hero is just able to use it better than your average minifig. I always give my hero an automatic armor of 10 because I hate rolling too much. Officers I give a D8 skill and armor of 8. My standard unarmored minifigs get a 4 and armored a 5 with an additional +1 if they are carrying a shield. This game is a game of fudge though, that's the beauty of it. You can do whatever the fuck you want.
"You ain't my friend, palooka." - Vincent Vega
Bluefog
Officer

Return to The Rulebook