Plastik Armory: Better Guns, Awesome Abilites

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Thoughts?

All totally awesome, I'll be using these myself
57%
Pretty good ideas, some that I think could be better
33%
Hit and miss, lots of these don't make sense
5%
Mostly lame, some good ideas
1%
Horrendous, confusing and unfun
4%

Total votes: 79

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Re: Plastik Armory: Better Guns, Awesome Abilites

Post by Battlegrinder » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:22 pm

Kirillyos wrote:Though in all fairness, that is probably what anyone with infinite grenades would be feeling.
Until every weapon on the battlefield started targeting that guy. Though if you stick him in a hardsuit and toss in some damage resistance traits, it might make bullet-magnet guy into useful distraction for a turn or two, à la Distraction Carnifex.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:31 pm

Sure!

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:11 am

I was playing D3 the other day and trying to think of a brikwars equivalent for a "Frenzy" skill. This is what I thought up, a melee equivalent to the burst-fire of 2010 machine guns. The wording below is just a re-working of 2010 Burst Fire (8.3).

Frenzy: Frenzied minifigs may attack an opponent multiple times in a turn. The player chooses the number of attacks he's going to attempt in a Frenzied slash (which determines the overall Skill Penalty; he receives a cumulative -1 for each attack in the Frenzy attempt), and rolls a separate Attack Roll for each. For each roll, if the number on the Skill Die (before applying bonuses or penalties) is less than the current attack number, then the minifig fatigues and may take only defensive actions his next turn. Frenzy cannot cause fatigue on the first attack, but it will if the player rolls a "1" on the second attack, or a "1" or a "2" on the third attack, and so forth.

The above is also similar to how I run chainsaws and the OTC.
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:53 pm

I already do this, and I have no idea why it's not in here. Good catch!

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:42 pm

Pretty much? If I would use it at my table, I throw it on the list. This isn't a collection of all of my original ideas, but far from it. It's mostly just where I can organize a bunch of ideas for players to try out. For example, when I actually get around to reading your armory thread thing, I'll probably scavenge the best ideas from it onto this list without your permission.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:25 am

Thought I'd try to add to this thread again.
Ricochet Rounds +1CP to ranged weapon.
If a shot connects with a target, but the damage does not exceed its armor, the shot ricochets off in another direction. The attacker may chose a next target within X" of the previous target, where X is the difference between the previous target's armor and the damage roll (for instance, if the attack does 5 damage, and the target's armor is 12, the attacker may chose a next target within 7" of the previous target). The shot deals 1 less damage to the next target.
A shot can continue to ricochet until it runs out of damage. And obviously, a shot can't ricochet into a next target behind the previous one unless it has oddly angled protrusions.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:16 pm

The biggest issue I see here is that it rewards players for making shitty dice rolls, and adds an entire extra step after the attack should have been resolved.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:49 pm

IVhorseman wrote:The biggest issue I see here is that it rewards players for making shitty dice rolls, and adds an entire extra step after the attack should have been resolved.
I fail to see how it rewards shitty rolls, but I do see how that extra step could slow things down.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:15 pm

Okay, well let's put an armor roll at six. If I roll a five, I only get to target something within one inch. That's fine. However if I roll a two, suddenly I've quadrupled my range and can choose from a slew of targets within 4".

Oh wait, hold on I think I see the miscommunication: here I'm thinking that you resolve a whole new attack against the next target, but you still use the original damage roll so that actually balances it back out (somewhat).

Still, I could see someone targeting a heavy tank or something and abusing that pretty har. Say something like 18 damage rolled vs. 31 armor: That leaves 17 damage to be dealt to any target within 13 inches, which is more than enough to slay a hero. I'd recommend adding another use roll in there if I didn't immediately forsee that as an extra step that slows the game down even further.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:34 pm

That was kind of the idea behind it. You bounce a shot off of something hard to hit a target around a corner. Once the shot punches through something's armor, it stops. And it was meant to be added to guns wielded by minifigs, so 18 damage would be kind of hard to pull off.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:14 pm

Yep! No penalty to range needed.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:04 pm

Another random idea that just came to mind. Might as well post it here.
Recoil isn't a thing in Brikwars, but what if there was a weapon that did nothing BUT recoil?
Instead of damaging a target, it could be used to push minifigs a number of inches. A minifig could fire behind them to propel themselves forward, or at the ground to launch themselves into the air. If it were fired at another minifig, both the user and the target would be blown back.
Alternatively, a minifig could spend their move to plant their feet on the ground and reduce their launch distance equal to their speed and transfer those inches to whatever they're aiming at.

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Post by loafofcheese » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:18 pm

Gungnir wrote:Another random idea that just came to mind. Might as well post it here.
Recoil isn't a thing in Brikwars, but what if there was a weapon that did nothing BUT recoil?
Instead of damaging a target, it could be used to push minifigs a number of inches. A minifig could fire behind them to propel themselves forward, or at the ground to launch themselves into the air. If it were fired at another minifig, both the user and the target would be blown back.
Alternatively, a minifig could spend their move to plant their feet on the ground and reduce their launch distance equal to their speed and transfer those inches to whatever they're aiming at.
Stat it with SN movement dice for thrust, projected at a certain point.
Only problem with silver bullets is the price of silver.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:35 pm

Wow, that is far more complicated than I would have statted it.

The way I see it, just treat it like any ranged weapon, except instead of doing damage it just does that many dice in knockback. If the weilder is stationary or using a weapon equal or less than their current size, they don't get knocked back half of the distance the target was.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:36 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Wow, that is far more complicated than I would have statted it.

The way I see it, just treat it like any ranged weapon, except instead of doing damage it just does that many dice in knockback. If the weilder is stationary or using a weapon equal or less than their current size, they don't get knocked back half of the distance the target was.
This. I want it to be as simple as possible.
It was originally based on the Stuntman's gun from No Time To Explain, but with the added benefit of knocking other minifigs from high places or into field hazards.