BrikWars Stats (Updated 24 August 2013)

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: BrikWars Stats (Updated 24 August 2013)

Postby Colette » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Maverick wrote:
Silverdream wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Get an iPhone. Problem solved.

6. I haven't got the Money for that.
7. iPhones are crap.
8. I can't download this app for an iOS

6. Get a job.
7. iPhones are awesome, and no a nickelodeon sponsored shopping spree circa 1994 doesn't count as gainful employment.
8. Make a brikwars app for the iOS, since Natalya doesn't know how.

6 :sparta:
7. They're not. What shopping spree? :???:
8. Can't. I'm not a writer, i'm a writer.

8. Learn how to program.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby samuelzz10 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:06 pm

I don't know exactly what it was I "just said", but

A: All the people I know that get androids love it at first, but after about a year the touchscreens get very unresponsive and they start devolving into piles of shit. The only good reason to get an android is to make it easier to get a ton of ROMs on your phone.

B: About better with a mac, from my expirience owning a PC for about 5 years and a mac for about one year, (mac is better) the iPhone is just better with a mac. iTunes works better, and it is much more intergrated which makes it easier to use iTunes with your phone.
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:01 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:I don't know exactly what it was I "just said",

I actually read something that scythe wrote and thought it was you.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Maverick » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:29 am

samuelzz10 wrote:I don't know exactly what it was I "just said", but

A: All the people I know that get androids love it at first, but after about a year the touchscreens get very unresponsive and they start devolving into piles of shit. The only good reason to get an android is to make it easier to get a ton of ROMs on your phone.

B: About better with a mac, from my expirience owning a PC for about 5 years and a mac for about one year, (mac is better) the iPhone is just better with a mac. iTunes works better, and it is much more intergrated which makes it easier to use iTunes with your phone.

A: My phone (i'm writing this on it) is one year old at 25th of december. I've had zero problems whatsoever.

B: Wow you must have had a bad pc if this is your expirience. Also i don't use iTunes. I'm actually not entirely sure what it's for.
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Winner: Maverick
Maverick
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.

Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Postby Silverdream » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:24 am

My iPhone is more than one year old, and it's better than it was before.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Maverick » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:38 am

Silverdream wrote:My iPhone is more than one year old, and it's better than it was before.

Aaaaand?...
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Maverick

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:01 am

Let's not turn this into a debate on operating systems. While I think sam is stupid for even saying mac is better, I respect his opinion because if you just like to browse the internet, write papers, and listen to music then a mac or iphone is great. If you like to do anything else then get a computer or android.
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?

Postby Maverick » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Overwatch_Elite wrote:Let's not turn this into a debate on operating systems. While I think sam is stupid for even saying mac is better, I respect his opinion because if you just like to browse the internet, write papers, and listen to music then a mac or iphone is great. If you like to do anything else then get a computer or android.

This is the internet. Opinions must and will not be respected.

Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Maverick

Postby samuelzz10 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:12 pm

I don't mind derailing one of Natty's threads, so I'm going to talk about OS systems.

Overwatch_Elite wrote:Let's not turn this into a debate on operating systems. While I think sam is stupid for even saying mac is better, I respect his opinion because if you just like to browse the internet, write papers, and listen to music then a mac or iphone is great. If you like to do anything else then get a computer or android.

First off, Macs are computers, and actually predate PCs, even though they are both personal computers, one of them uses windows instead. It should really be Mac vs Windows, because that actually makes sense.

Second, I think Macs are better for many reasons. Obviously for gaming windows is better, but Mac is getting better in that regard. I think in every other aspect, Macs are better computers. My 4 GB RAM Mac works better than the 8 GB RAM Windows I used to have. (which broke for no reason, no malware, just died)

I wish I did have that Windows back because gaming on it could be really sick, and I really need to finish sphincter Cell. But overall, Windows have been a constant source of disapointment. I've been through a Desktop, (2000 XP 564~ MB RAM) Laptop (2005 XP 2 GB RAM) and another Laptop (2010 OS 7 8 GB RAM, which broke in a week for no reason) and the Mac I have now has never given me a hardware problem. The computers were made by Dell, Compaq, and HP and so I've covered all the bases.

The Macs are more expensive argument is also bullshit. For the security, quality, and OS, it could cost another $500 and still be justified. Unless it's gaming, Windows are pretty much useless. (BTW, the Mac was about $1,200 dollars and all the Windows were about $1,100, plus prices for anti-virus protection)

Maverick wrote:A: My phone (i'm writing this on it) is one year old at 25th of december. I've had zero problems whatsoever.

B: Wow you must have had a bad pc if this is your expirience. Also i don't use iTunes. I'm actually not entirely sure what it's for.

A: Oh shit, you only have 5 more days of use on that phone. Hope you have a good upgrade contract.
B: As I mentioned earlier this post, they are all pretty good spec computers. iTunes lets you put music onto your phone easily, you can import CDs and buy music and it stores it conveniently. You can save playlists and sync with your phone without even needing it plugged in. Very useful if you listen to a lot of music.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:59 pm

You bring up a lot of good points but it sounds more like you've just had really bad luck with your computers.

Also mac does have a lot of programs, but most programs are written for windows not mac. Maybe I'll go get a mac again if it can use all the programs I use on my windows.
Overwatch_Elite

Postby samuelzz10 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:08 pm

Overwatch_Elite wrote:You bring up a lot of good points but it sounds more like you've just had really bad luck with your computers.

Also mac does have a lot of programs, but most programs are written for windows not mac. Maybe I'll go get a mac again if it can use all the programs I use on my windows.

Bad luck could be the culprit, but if this Mac breaks I'll probably get another Windows to see what's changed. David's older brother is seeing if he can repair that 8 GB RAM laptop over Saturnalia break, so hopefully I'll be able to use both again.

Most programs on Windows have a Mac free ware alternative. Very convinient. I've noticed on Steam at least more publishers make an effort to also make Mac ports, and I think in the next 10 years or so Mac will be the leading OS, judging by the change in amount of stuff made for Mac now, and also because of how all the hipsters use Macs. At least that's what I think, but most people I see now always talk about how they wish they had Mac computers.

I don't hate the Windows OS, in a lot of ways it's more open ended for modding and stuff, because in Mac it's harder to open applications, but really for casual use Mac is just better. Judging by how you mod a lot, Windows seems to be better for you, but even then you can just run Windows on a Mac and get better hardware.
(Unless you're one of the tower guys, which in that case the Mac tower is actually overpriced)
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:38 pm

Well I run windows and linux so I see no need for mac

But yeah back to my original point, macs are for more casual use and it seems you agree with me on that

pc gaming windows master race :)
Overwatch_Elite

Postby Maverick » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:38 am

Overwatch_Elite wrote:Well I run windows and linux so I see no need for mac

But yeah back to my original point, macs are for more casual use and it seems you agree with me on that

pc gaming windows master race :)

All hail!

Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Maverick

Postby Kalvinator » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:47 am

Hey Natalya, do you have an updated version of this?
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby Natalya » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:02 pm

Kalvinator wrote:Hey Natalya, do you have an updated version of this?

No. :( My deepest regrets. I'll have more time to work on it in 2014 after I quit my job in 2 weeks.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion