Building a Supertank.

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Building a Supertank.

Postby Kaplan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:30 pm

I'm building a super tank for a while. I have talked to Apollyon before and took his advices because he built one of the best super tanks the vindicator.
I have some more questions for experienced players.

Are there any super tanks other than Bricktopian Vindicator?
What is the largest (size) gun/cannon mounted on a mobile vehicle so far?
Image
User avatar
Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Building a Supertank.

Postby samuelzz10 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:34 pm

Kaplan wrote:I'm building a super tank for a while. I have talked to Apollyon before and took his advices because he built one of the best super tanks the vindicator.
I have some more questions for experienced players.

Are there any super tanks other than Bricktopian Vindicator?
What is the largest (size) gun/cannon mounted on a mobile vehicle so far?


Natalya's tank is pretty big, and it also probably has one of the biggest guns.
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
Image
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1518
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: Building a Supertank.

Postby Colette » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:39 pm

Kaplan wrote:I'm building a super tank for a while. I have talked to Apollyon before and took his advices because he built one of the best super tanks the vindicator.
I have some more questions for experienced players.

Are there any super tanks other than Bricktopian Vindicator?
What is the largest (size) gun/cannon mounted on a mobile vehicle so far?

6. Assyrian Vanquisher:
Image
45th Union SDT (demolished)
Image
Trattorian SDT
Image
Scythian Orpheus
Image
Luchardsko Prometheus
Image
TSOC Tigershark
Image
and others I probably forgot

The Vindicator was actually pretty late in the game, although it currently stands as the largest.

for the largest gun, however...

7. ...I'd put my bets on Brickville Union's Gertrude's main cannon for ground vehicles.
Image

For overall, including spaceships, I think one of Strana's ships might have had a bigger gun, but it's hard to say from the pictures. The Gertrude certainly wins on construction quality.
Image
Image
Image
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
User avatar
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
 
Posts: 2518
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: Building a Supertank.

Postby Natalya » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:41 am

Gertrude is a masterpiece. I think the Venus has a larger weapon because it continues inside the fuselage but it is fixed in one direction.
Image
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"


Image
User avatar
Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
 
Posts: 5259
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:57 pm
Location: Now in Ontario

Re: Building a Supertank.

Postby Kaplan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Thank you for posting these great tanks. Getrudes gun is really impressive.
Here are some WIP photos from the build. It's name is "Hyperion". I would like to make good presentation and write the technical details in a seperate topic

Image

I think that the size of the vehicle is hard to understand because of its studless design therefore I put a 32x16 baseplate and a minifigure to scale.

Image

Estimated Dimensions:
Height: 34 Studs
Length: 94 Studs
Width: 48 Studs

Image

Image
Last edited by Kaplan on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Building a Supertank.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:23 pm

Good God, man.
User avatar
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Building a Supertank.

Postby Apollyon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Nice! When do you come over to do a battle?

Point of criticism: the main guns could possibly look better if you used something else than those wheels.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
User avatar
Apollyon
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1787
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:14 am
Location: I am in Berlin bitch!

Re: Building a Supertank.

Postby The Shadowscythe » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:37 pm

Sweet holy fuck. How much Dakka?!

Dat colourscheme.

You got any way of springing some bricks to add another 7 studs to the length? At 100 studs long it would be a SHIP scale tank.

I feel massively inadequate right now.
Image

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show
Image

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
User avatar
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.
 
Posts: 2617
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:22 am
Location: Lampeter, Wales

Re: Building a Supertank.

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:46 pm

Clever treads. Wow.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6340
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Re: Building a Supertank.

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:47 pm

How well do those main guns actually hold up? They look pretty limping to me.
User avatar
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: Building a Supertank.

Postby Kaplan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:55 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:Good God, man.


I hope you like it.

Apollyon wrote:Nice! When do you come over to do a battle?

Point of criticism: the main guns could possibly look better if you used something else than those wheels.


Thanks. This vehicle has a full interior and its really really heavy for transport.

I agree with your point but I really could find any better solutions for the barrels. The radius of the wheels are just in size I would like to use. Rounded brick pieces makes the barrel amazingly heavy and looks too bulky. Cylindrical panels could be a solution but when i tried them i didn't like their look. I know these barrels are not perfect but like their textured look. It seems technological to me somehow, These are some kind of high energy projectile weapons from tech level 6 right? :)

The Shadowscythe wrote:Sweet holy fuck. How much Dakka?!

Dat colourscheme.

You got any way of springing some bricks to add another 7 studs to the length? At 100 studs long it would be a SHIP scale tank.

I feel massively inadequate right now.


Actually I measured the dimensions just minutes ago and didn't realized earlier that it measured 94 bricks. I think this vehicle could be count as a Ship-scale tank.
I know and see many amazing creations in brikwars. I tried to build the biggest tank in BW.
I am happy good reactions from experienced players. I will finish soon and post the details. (I'm exited to show the interior :D )

Overwatch_Elite wrote:How well do those main guns actually hold up? They look pretty limping to me.


They are actually more stiff than they look. They have straight bars in them and additionally a construction in the middle of the barrels built with plates and briks is supporting the barrels.
Last edited by Kaplan on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Building a Supertank.

Postby Apollyon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:57 pm

Kaplan wrote:(I'm exited to show the interior :D )


I am excited to see it! And more more shots from the outside, too.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
User avatar
Apollyon
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1787
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:14 am
Location: I am in Berlin bitch!

Re: Building a Supertank.

Postby Apollyon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Kaplan wrote:and its really really heavy for transport.


Do you have scales to measure its weight? The Vindicator comes in at 2,666kg.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
User avatar
Apollyon
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1787
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:14 am
Location: I am in Berlin bitch!

Re: Building a Supertank.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:03 pm

Kaplan wrote:I hope you like it.


Of course I do. It's brilliant. Wish I had your brix. I pretty much love all your stuff. I'm fond of your wiki articles too.
User avatar
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Building a Supertank.

Postby Kaplan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:11 pm

Apollyon wrote:
Kaplan wrote:and its really really heavy for transport.


Do you have scales to measure its weight? The Vindicator comes in at 2,666kg.


Hyperion weights 8.7 kg (I think t would gain additional 0.1-0.2 kg when completed)

Quantumsurfer wrote:
Kaplan wrote:I hope you like it.


Of course I do. It's brilliant. Wish I had your brix. I pretty much love all your stuff. I'm fond of your wiki articles too.


Thank you very much. I have a very color scheme oriented collection of bricks.
Image
User avatar
Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests