APC thing

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

APC thing

Post by samuelzz10 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:40 pm

I realized after witnessing the putrid shit of Brikguy that if I didn't post more stuff and people forgot I used to post things here, I would be seen in the same light as him. (and also, I usually don't post in the Lego subforums)

I've been in a dark age this past year or so because the house cleaners always shove all my Legos into a square foot in the corner of my room, and after they broke 3-4 baseplates and destroyed several elaborate buildings I had made I decided I was sick of their shit and I would just stop building Lego. This creation is the last thing I've built in forever and I am planning to build new things again in the next few weeks if I find the time to get out my briks again between school and playing guitar.

Anyways, now for the creation.
This is it! It's a simple APC designed for engineers. The people on top are not the actual crew, but I couldn't find the crew so these are just some random minifigs.
I tried to make it not look so Boxxy, so I added slopes and shit.
This is a head in a jar that can perform a lot of actions for the vehicle, being attached to it an all. (Add 5" to move, shoot cannon, etc)
If you raise the protection visor you can see the pilot, which is Fry for some reason. If he died, the head could just act as a pilot on it's own.
Here is the interior. It has a cutting laser for building and a box for supplies. Like I said, this is made for engineers. I've always loved the idea of a moving manufacturing area.
This is the giant opening blast door.

So yeah, there it is.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: APC thing

Post by Silverdream » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Very cool. Also for the cleaning problem, maybe put a note that says "Do not touch" on your lego on the floor or build a shelf.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:37 pm

Dat ray gun doe.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:40 pm

Silverdream wrote:Very cool.
Thank you
Silverdream wrote: Also for the cleaning problem, maybe put a note that says "Do not touch" on your lego on the floor or build a shelf.
I've wanted to write a letter for the cleaners to tell them to stop putting shit infront of the wireless sensor on the TV, stop moving the couches into the middle of the living room and not putting them back, to stop unplugging all of our electronics, to stop putting my $300 guitar next to my dog's basket where it could easily fall over, to stop putting my equally expensive retainer in my parent's bathroom, and to stop in general fucking up all of my shit but the FBI thinks that it would be insulting to their nationality. Also, I have no shelf room.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig

DeltaV
Officer

Post by DeltaV » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:26 am

samuelzz10 wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Very cool.
Thank you
Silverdream wrote: Also for the cleaning problem, maybe put a note that says "Do not touch" on your lego on the floor or build a shelf.
I've wanted to write a letter for the cleaners to tell them to stop putting shit infront of the wireless sensor on the TV, stop moving the couches into the middle of the living room and not putting them back, to stop unplugging all of our electronics, to stop putting my $300 guitar next to my dog's basket where it could easily fall over, to stop putting my equally expensive retainer in my parent's bathroom, and to stop in general fucking up all of my shit but the FBI thinks that it would be insulting to their nationality. Also, I have no shelf room.
Since when is nationality relevant to any of this? These fuckers BROKE YOUR GODDAMN BASEPLATES. They shouldn't be excused for being incompetent at the very simple yet tedious job of cleaning things up by being from a different country.
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:57 pm

The only insult is being unappreciative of the fact that they are paid to clean the house that you won't. Race doesn't have anything to do with it, but talking shit on the people who are doing a job that is generally supposed to be yours unless you can afford to have others do it is looking a gift horse in the mouth. That doesn't mean there's not an issue, but it's going to essentially boil down to either cleaning your own room the way you like it, or letting them do it their way so you don't have to.

Either way, I remember some of your older stuff and this looks like it's a build with a lot more thought put into it. It's amazing what you can get when your old "perfect" models are shattered apart and you create something new out of them. Doesn't make too much sense that the head adds to movement speed if you ask me, seems like he's just an extra gunner and/or pilot when needed.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:16 pm

IVhorseman wrote:The only insult is being unappreciative of the fact that they are paid to clean the house that you won't. Race doesn't have anything to do with it, but talking shit on the people who are doing a job that is generally supposed to be yours unless you can afford to have others do it is looking a gift horse in the mouth. That doesn't mean there's not an issue, but it's going to essentially boil down to either cleaning your own room the way you like it, or letting them do it their way so you don't have to.
Still, he should talk to them in person. I'm sure this whole thing could be sorted out if they knew what his problems were. Also the italicized part isn't necessarily true, the FBI used to hire a cleaning lady but it had nothing to do with the fact that I was unwilling to clean, it was because it just made things easier for everyone.

What he should do is just pick his lego off the floor.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:19 pm

Silverdream wrote:What he should do is just pick his lego off the floor.
Pretty much what I'm getting at.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:00 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Silverdream wrote:What he should do is just pick his lego off the floor.
Pretty much what I'm getting at.
All my shelves are for movies and CDs, or books for school. I usually build in 1/4th of my room and pick it up if I don't do anything with the Legos for a while.
Silverdream wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:The only insult is being unappreciative of the fact that they are paid to clean the house that you won't. Race doesn't have anything to do with it, but talking shit on the people who are doing a job that is generally supposed to be yours unless you can afford to have others do it is looking a gift horse in the mouth. That doesn't mean there's not an issue, but it's going to essentially boil down to either cleaning your own room the way you like it, or letting them do it their way so you don't have to.
Still, he should talk to them in person. I'm sure this whole thing could be sorted out if they knew what his problems were. Also the italicized part isn't necessarily true, the FBI used to hire a cleaning lady but it had nothing to do with the fact that I was unwilling to clean, it was because it just made things easier for everyone.
I still do clean stuff, I do the laundry and I wash the dishes if we run out of stuff but the dish washer hasn't been turned on yet. Also, it's apparently a big deal according to Silva that I pay for my own Netflix.

I can't talk to them, I don't speak Spanish. the FBI hired cleaners for the same reason Silva's mom did.
IVhorseman wrote:Either way, I remember some of your older stuff and this looks like it's a build with a lot more thought put into it. It's amazing what you can get when your old "perfect" models are shattered apart and you create something new out of them. Doesn't make too much sense that the head adds to movement speed if you ask me, seems like he's just an extra gunner and/or pilot when needed.
This was made basically to not be a box. It's structurally the same as an old APC I may or may not have posted on the forums a while back. The head adds to speed because of shit along the lines of "the pilot having to maneuver over implied uneven terrain slows him down, but the head thankfully can guide through minor rubble allowing for faster speed". Also, Colette asked this in chat so I thought I would tell this:
The head is on the outside of the APC because it's hard enough to kill the actual pilot as it is, so it may as well be easy to kill the booster.
Most games I play with Khaotik are "2 heavy vehicles are going through a dense area with little room for turning etc and a bunch of terrorists attack", so he mostly plays as small arm ninjas while I have heavy armor slowpokes, so it is just more fair that way.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:55 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:... but the FBI thinks that it would be insulting to their nationality.
How is telling someone to do their job insulting to their nationality?
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:03 pm

How is telling someone to do their job insulting to their nationality?
It depends on the nationality in question, and how it is requested, really. But we don't know details and it's also pretty irrelevant. Furthermore, arguing over a few baseplates would be embarassing for both parties if you put it in perspective; it is best to cut losses and do what horseman and Silver has already advised.

On-topic wise, I like the general shape and size of the apc, pretty cool overall!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:20 pm

Zahru II wrote:On-topic wise, I like the general shape and size of the apc, pretty cool overall!
Thanks, this means a lot from you, considering how great you are at building space stuff.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig