Imperial Legions

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

gaunt
Officer

Imperial Legions

Post by gaunt » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:22 pm

This army consists of the legionary troops of the Empire, as well as auxiliary and allied units. When I say "The Empire" I'm referring to the otherwise so far nameless faction of my high-fantasy type Lego world. They're certainly based on the Roman Empire, but you won't find the troops to be that Roman-esque.

Anyway, here are the goods:

A wide view of the whole force:

Another look:

The Emperor himself, a god incarnate it is said, and his companion bodyguards mounted alongside him.

The army standard, along with two senior generals (the pauldrons denote rank, with gold being the highest, then yellow, then red, and then blue).

Another senior commander leading a group of the Empire's brand new musket unit.

A junior officer attached to a unit of swordsmen, one of the major components of Imperial armies.

The heavy troops of the Empire, the backbone of her armies, and the finest soldiers available, here are the axemen, sometimes known as "legionnaires."

Crossbowmen, clad in heavy armor.

Halberdiers, a more rare unit that tend to be used in guard duties when not on the field of battle.

Peasant slingers, a very crude unit with limited range but nonetheless an effective battlefield weapon at times.

Two scouts, one is equipped with quite a few throwing axes.

Units from the fiefdoms:

These are Oath Cavalry, fine lancers from the feudal lands that are vassal states to the empire. In return for the benefits that being an ally of the Empire offers, these lands must supply a quota of knights as per an oath established between the Empire and the fiefdoms. Here they are led by a paladin, clad in the livery of his royal house as they are.

Several knights on foot from the mighty Dregonne family, accompanied by some men-at-arms.

More footknights from various houses.

There you have it.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Re: Imperial Legions

Post by Theblackdog » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:40 pm

Oooo, shiny. The Oath Knights are awesome.

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:59 pm

Out of all of the fancy, shiny knights, my favourite minifigs are the slingers. That sling idea is just ridiculously cool.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Post by Bluefog » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:58 am

I like the peasant slingers. That's a good idea. You have a lot of good ideas actually. Nice work.

EDIT: Add more slingers. I'd say 8-10.
"Hey, you try making love to a complete stranger in a hostile, mutant environment, see how you like it."

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:53 am

Very cool, good stuff. At first I thought they were kinda ragtag but the close-ups show they're actually a quite uniformed force.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Dienekes22
Cannon Fodder

Post by Dienekes22 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Great force. I really like those slingshots.
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these
Contest Badges
Show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Medivo factions - Medivo Forum Battles
Sci-Fi Factions -

gaunt
Officer

Post by gaunt » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:25 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! I'd add more slingers if I had the parts, but definitely a possibility in future armies.

Coriolanus
Hero

Post by Coriolanus » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:16 pm

Nice army. I think I noticed some Brickforge stuff. If you want more slingers, you may be interested to know that Brickwarriors makes a rather nice one. http://www.brickwarriors.com/Sling.aspx
"For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?" Mark 8:35-36

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:47 pm

yeas that's cool!