Campaign Idea

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

EvilTobbacconist
Hero

Campaign Idea

Post by EvilTobbacconist » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:00 am

I’ve been toying with this campaign idea. It starts off with all players involved picking a large amount of unit (400cp, 600cp, 800cp,etc.) and using those select units in a series of smaller battle, say, anywhere between 100 to 300cp and all casualties in-between battles have a chance of surviving there injuries (I’m thinking a skill roll with a UR of 5, this means more expensive/tougher units, like heroes, have a higher chance of surviving, whereas basic infantry, do not.), if they succeed, they progress to the next scenario, if they fail, there out of the campaign.
The basic objective is to wipe out the whole of your enemies army, or at least have the most men surviving by the end of the campaign, but other objectives are possible, but I haven’t thought of any :( .
What do you think? All ideas and suggestions are welcome.
If your gonna walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:18 am

I like it so far. Would you set up battles so that armies would be trying to wipe each other out, or would they be chasing other objectives instead (possibly additional weapons or resources) to increase the number of survivors to fight in the next battle?

And would there be any inter-battle bonus for having a Medik or two on the battlefield to give immediate treatment to the wounded?

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:31 pm

surviving medik(s) roll(s) skill. they can save that number of units of their choice for the next game.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:09 pm

Oh, I like this idea. And i like horsemans addition to it. It would make sense in any other game to have other objectives, but in Brikwars, sometimes all out slaughter is just a better option, Really whther to have any other objectives or not would be up to the players playing.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:33 pm

you can totally have objectives and have this same play style!

EXAMPLE:

mission one: first strike

regular old fashioned siege of a stronghold. good for setting up ambiance and weeding out units early on.

mission two: data collection

the team that had the fort last time is transporting a briefcase containing the whereabouts of a superweapon, and must take it from point A to point B. attackers will intercept it.

mission three: well it should be obvious

this time is another all out slaughter, but the winner of the last mission gets to use the superweapon. optionally you could have a battle at the superweapon's storage facility if the attacking team won the round before. either way, this one should be superweaponholders vs. defenders. this definitely lets you use the partially destroyed base from the first mission (possibly with new improvements).

that's about all i could come up with off the top of my head. i suppose the next several missions could be attempting to ambush and hijack the superweapon in transport, or something with killing off heroes. nonetheless, this gamestyle lets you get really attatched to your guys before they die horrible deaths, and provides a clear, obvious goal. lord knows that not having clear goals is a disaster in a brikwars game.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Olothontor » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:37 pm

I know, I know, I was just saying that if they want to use objectives or not is up to them. I'd want to use them, but some people might just want to kill stuff (this is especially good when you're in a bad mood).
-=[ Visage ]=-

EvilTobbacconist
Hero

Post by EvilTobbacconist » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:46 pm

Okay, I have an idea for medix. basically, for each medic you posses your allowed 1 re-roll using the medic's skill. As a side note, does anyone want to playtest this or am I stuck waiting for the only other player in town to come back from hoildays :?:

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Olothontor » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:50 pm

I can try and playtest it with my gang, but they don't take very kindly to story lines... they're more the hack and slash type, which makes me incredibly sad.
-=[ Visage ]=-

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:13 pm

As are mine, but that is something a quick "What I say goes" roll may easily repair. Now, as for campaign: Interesting, and a good idea to implement sometime... Although, I prefer a single long running game to a series of shorter ones.

MkCollins93
Champion
Champion

Brikwars Campaign Idea: World War Z

Post by MkCollins93 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:16 pm

Have any of you read World War Z by Max Brooks? If you haven't you can find it here; http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/worldwarz/

I was thinking of a battle or campaign that involved the armies of the world retaking towns, or cities( if you have that many bricks). There could be bonus objectives, like save civilian trapped in house, or take over that farm for food. Just an idea, I'm still working on building my army........
Star Wars Fanfiction, Legos, Brikwars and Gaming! All at:
www.freewebs.com/darksideemperium

Go there or else!

EvilTobbacconist
Hero

Post by EvilTobbacconist » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:56 pm

Good to have a few playtesters about.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:15 pm

this is the same way i usualy play brikwars and it works quite nicely
generaly you should make a map of a province where battles take place
that way you scenarios will be less genaric and you won't find youyself out of scenario ideas.

EvilTobbacconist
Hero

Post by EvilTobbacconist » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:55 am

Gawd, has this topic died or something? Anyway, anyone have any idea about a sort of EXP system to use? Cause I've been thinking about possible stat increases for minifigs that do extemely well, e.g. killing tons of minifigs single handedly, surving several consectutive battle, killing a hero with a hand weapon/ random object. So yeah, wadda you think?

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:51 am

We had the start of an experience system at one point, although I don't remember if it survived into the 2001 rules. It didn't see much use, so I don't remember it well, but the basic idea was that for every 100 CP spent in a battle, the winner got 1d10 to use to try to advance whichever characters he thought deserved it most. (At least one had to be one of his opponent's characters, if there were any surviving.)

The trick was, to advance a stat, you rolled one or more of the d10s against it. If the roll was higher than the existing stat, the stat got boosted by +1. Otherwise, the dice were wasted.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:40 am

honestly, the best i've seen this work out is when all players agree "this minifig has kicked ass. he deserves something awesome", and then gets upgraded to hero status or given stats and whatnot.

if you're looking for in-game EXP, then go to the main page. from there, look for one of NELUG's games where they utilized a system like this.