-Maverick
Winner: Maverick

Joke of the day
Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN

Re: N00b war, where do you stand?

Postby Whiteagle » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Zupponn wrote:Dr Pepper is owned by Coke outside of the US.

:no:

Tzan wrote:There are two kinds of type 2 diabetes.

6. Type Stupid: A person consumes too many carbohydrates, found in pretty much everything.
The volumes of carbs overwhelms the body's ability to process them and the blood glucose levels rise, which is bad.
Drinking 60 ounces of soda a day is stupid.

7. Type Medical Condition: The body's ability to process carbs is degraded due to genetic or legit medical reasons.
Medication is needed, just cutting back on carbs is not going to help much, unless this person is also suffering from Type Stupid also.

I'm really hoping my father got his from Type Stupid and not both...
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby loafofcheese » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:04 pm

Nimja wrote:Irn Bru FTW!

Indeed.
DeltaV wrote:Caw caw motherfucker.
loafofcheese
Dimmy

Postby samuelzz10 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:44 pm

Considering some sodas have something like 16 tablespoons of sugar in them, and the fact they use sweeteners/tons of artificial shit in them, acting like it's ok to drink soda in the first place is really fucking stupid, I'm not even going to lie.

Also, I've heard a few times soda shortens your lifespan and so I don't recommend drinking it. I don't like being seen as the asshole health-nut type, but ever since I stopped drinking soda about a year ago I've been MUCH healthier. I don't feel as sluggish as I used to, and I can eat much more and not actually gain any weight (might just be because of puberty) but either way, soda is TERRIBLE for your body. I can't believe it's even legal.
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:19 pm

Coca Cola tastes good, and I have a few cans every once in a while (this can vary from months to weeks). I also add vodka to it when I celebrate stuff. If I had a particularly busy day it's nice to grab a can of coke, sit on the couch and do whatever. I don't recommend drinking coca cola daily, just like how I don't recommend drinking coffee daily.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Kommander Ken » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:01 pm

It's like most sweet/sugary things. They're good once in a while, but not every other day and so forth.

I for one stopped drinking soda in favor of beer.
Frostborne Cometh : Chapter One / Chapter Two / The Tribe
Kommander Ken
Minifig

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:42 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:Considering some sodas have something like 16 tablespoons of sugar in them, and the fact they use sweeteners/tons of artificial shit in them, acting like it's ok to drink soda in the first place is really fucking stupid, I'm not even going to lie.

Also, I've heard a few times soda shortens your lifespan and so I don't recommend drinking it. I don't like being seen as the asshole health-nut type, but ever since I stopped drinking soda about a year ago I've been MUCH healthier. I don't feel as sluggish as I used to, and I can eat much more and not actually gain any weight (might just be because of puberty) but either way, soda is TERRIBLE for your body. I can't believe it's even legal.

I read some studies that listening to metal and rock can ruin your eardrums but they haven't outlawed it yet!
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?

Postby Silverdream » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:43 pm

Overwatch_Elite wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:Considering some sodas have something like 16 tablespoons of sugar in them, and the fact they use sweeteners/tons of artificial shit in them, acting like it's ok to drink soda in the first place is really fucking stupid, I'm not even going to lie.

I read some studies that listening to metal and rock can ruin your eardrums but they haven't outlawed it yet!

Listening to most stuff through your headphones is terrible for your ears. That's how I got my sex change.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:30 am

Silverdream wrote:
Overwatch_Elite wrote:

Listening to most stuff through your headphones is terrible for your ears. That's how I got tinnitus.

I was expecting sam to take the bait but I guess anyone will do :/
Overwatch_Elite

Postby samuelzz10 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:08 am

Overwatch_Elite wrote:
Silverdream wrote:
Overwatch_Elite wrote:

Listening to most stuff through your headphones is terrible for your ears. That's how I got tinnitus.

I was expecting sam to take the bait but I guess anyone will do :/

Lol. But really, I've probably gotten more hearing damage from crying babies, buses turning on their brakes (which is really fucking horrible) and listening to girls that sing obnoxiously.
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Tzan » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:25 am

Soda vs Beer
(Coke)

12 ounce serving
.........Carbs.....Calories
Beer.....13.........154
Soda.....39.........140

So 3 beers equal 1 soda of Carbs, but will give you 462 Calories.
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Silent-sigfig » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Okay you guys are idiots, Im removing the rest of this topic
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna

Re: Beverage thread

Postby Apollyon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:17 pm

So i missed all the good stuff? Damn.

Anyway, on the topic of sugared beverages. Drinking them on a regular basis is bad for you. I am too lazy to explain it on my own so i will let Dr. Lustig do the work:
http://youtu.be/dBnniua6-oM
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
constantly striving to using proper grammar

Postby aoffan23 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:34 pm

I mostly just drink water, sometimes carbonated and/or with lemon/lime in it. I have pop every now and then, but it's usually when I'm already loathing myself for buying pizza at 1:30 AM when I can't afford to be buying overpriced, on-campus food all the time, I'm not in the best shape to begin with, and I should be sleeping so I can go to morning classes for once.

But yeah mostly water. I only really drink milk with peanut butter, although the combination upsets my stomach for a while. Root beer is my pop of choice though, specifically A&W.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby Silent-sigfig » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:55 pm

A gin and tonic is my beverage of choice.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion