I need advice

Jesus Christ, guys. No one cares about your fucking problems.
This forum is also known as Thunderdumb Lite or Applied Thunderdumb.

Moderator: dilanski

I need advice

Postby Brikguy0410 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:45 pm

On how to not become the next assterios, I want serious stuff, not troll also I just KNOW someone is going to say post a fucking army, so don't
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert

Re: I need advice

Postby Silverdream » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:59 pm

Well Asterios' problem wasn't not posting an army, he posted a lot of really cool castles and stuff. His problem was that he didn't understand brikwars or the appeal of smaller games. He also came off as elitist. So as long as you can understand the purpose and ideas of brikwars and remain non-elitist you have little risk of becoming him.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Brikguy0410 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:05 pm

Ok, also where would one find some e of his old posts?
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert

Postby Tzan » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:53 pm

There are only 12 remaining.
I think the others got deleted.

search.php?author_id=1169&sr=posts
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby dilanski » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:49 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:I want serious stuff,

Asking for a serious reply is normally enough to get a deleted topic, so be warned. Anyway, the rule to avoid his fate is simply to be not a dick 24/7, 23/7 go for it, but 24/7 is a no. Quite simple really, the fact you had to ask is troubling.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby Vami IV » Sat May 03, 2014 6:05 pm

*reads my old shitty posts*
*reads Brikguy's shitty posts*
*reads what's left of Asterios' shitty posts*
:shock: "Oh, fuck, I was (and am) no different than Asterios and Brikguy!"
So, I necro'd this b/c I'm tired of being the N00B / Shitgoat king. Can anyone guide me through me to being a worthwhile member of the Far-Ums?
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Vami IV
My Little Pony

Postby stubby » Sat May 03, 2014 11:34 pm

Vami IV wrote:So, I necro'd this b/c I'm tired of being the N00B / Shitgoat king. Can anyone guide me through me to being a worthwhile member of the Far-Ums?

The very first rule of the BrikWars forums was "don't talk about yourself" (thanks to an old-guard member named Adean who wouldn't stop making everything about him).

Nobody logs in here to talk about Vami except for you. For the first couple weeks that you started posting about how much everyone hates you, I had no idea what you were talking about. It took months, but now I really do have a reason to roll my eyes every time you post: you're That Guy who always talks about what other people think about him, as if that were a subject that anyone besides you cares about. I see your name at the top of a post, oh shit, put the BrikWars forum on pause, we're changing to the All About Vami channel.

You're not the only one who does this, of course, because you're not the only one who's 15. Brikguy's posts are what you do when you're 13, and trying to make every conversation about you is what you do when you're 15. A couple years from now Brikguy will be making the posts you and all the 15-year-olds are making now, and there will be new 13-year-olds logging in for the first time, and the cycle will continue. There will always be Brikguys and Vamis.

You want to be a worthwhile member of the forums - I'm going to use Asterios as the example here. Some people might show up and say "it is awesome to have 15,000 minifigures." Asterios showed up and said "I am awesome because I have 15,000 minifigures." Do you see the difference here? Every single person on this forum would have been pretty excited to talk about the 15,000 minifigures. Zero people on the forum were excited to talk about some asshole from the meth capital of california and how great he thought he was.

Every time it's about you, you're not a worthwhile member of the forums (unless you're Natalya, because no consistency). Every time you're talking about how lame someone else is, you're also not a worthwhile member of the forums (unless you're talking about Asterios, because seriously, that guy). Every time you post about something cool, and nobody even cares who you are because the thing you just posted got them interested or excited or motivated about the thing itself and not about anything to do with you, then you're a worthwhile member of the forum.

But more likely, you'll just grow out of being 15 right about the time you turn 16, and the problem will solve itself.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Sat May 03, 2014 11:49 pm

stubby wrote:But more likely, you'll just grow out of being 15 right about the time you turn 16, and the problem will solve itself.

But that would mean he'd have to stop posting until he was 16 to get what he wanted
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?

Postby Vami IV » Sun May 04, 2014 12:02 am

Errr, uh, sorry, I will try to avoid being as old as I am and being Angsty (I really had no clue)
Tzan wrote:

Vami IV
My Little Pony

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sun May 04, 2014 1:41 am

The ultimate reply to this entire situation can be summed up in just one word.

Skittles.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby stubby » Sun May 04, 2014 1:42 am

Oh, I just remembered the advice I gave Silverdream back when he was a little kid and I was making him cry. It's way better, and went something like this:

Past Me wrote:If you're about to post something, stop and think for a second about whether anyone besides you is going to be glad you posted it. If they are, then go ahead and hit the post button. If they're not, then close the browser tab. It's all about self-editing.

Except I used a lot more expletives, as I recall.

Now that I think about it, this is also a pretty good description of how I decide to delete posts. I deleted a couple hundred posts just today for not meeting this requirement.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Tzan » Sun May 04, 2014 1:08 pm

I still self edit myself.
I write something or even just think about what to write, then I think, uhmmm, I don't think so and delete it.
So 5 to 10%, I delete.

Of course I still post stupid stuff in order to keep up with the others.
But it could be 10% more stupid.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby motorhead fan » Mon May 05, 2014 6:35 am

I edit half of my stuff as well.

Anyway Brikguy, despite how it looks I do not dislike you, I just get Extremely bored with life at times which makes me quite unhappy and occasionally irritable, so please everyone, if i say something unsettlingly mean, don't take it personally.
motorhead fan
Galidor

Postby IVhorseman » Mon May 05, 2014 10:37 am

meanwhile i'll just put it out there that I plain don't like pretty much anyone.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Vami IV » Mon May 05, 2014 6:44 pm

I love bitterness. You're the only one here you was the right to be so.
Tzan wrote:

Vami IV
My Little Pony

Next

Return to Advice