The International Space Mafia

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Scratch
Reihawk

The International Space Mafia

Post by Scratch » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:30 pm

So, over a yeah since I introduced the Space Mafia in my original Venice thread, I have finally gotten around to giving them a thread of their own.

Backstory and shit
Since their introduction in GR 2013, as a sub-state/client syndicate of Venice, the Space Mafia has grown beyond their humble Pseudo-Italian Origins. In March they became the Official Third Alliance Underworld Organization, allowing them an unprecedented monopoly on the black markets of several major and minor star empires. Although many nations have left the TA, and it is a mere shadow of its former glory, the Space Mafia still has a major and corrupting influence in their economies. Some examples of their work include screwing with Trattorians by selling them Crystalized penis Parts, assassinating the Bavarian Crown Prinz in a false flag operation on the orders of President B'lack Obama in exchange of complete underworld control in the U.S.A., Humiliating the Trattorian personal defense industry by effortlessly hijacking, mugging, and mocking the Director of the Valourousian Annex, and finally, a small detachment of the U.S.A. Branch is currently participating in The Fall of Starport 73.

Now, let's move on to the pics.

Here's a general Overwatch, including both the Sicilian Command and the Venetian Syndicate. We'll get into the Sicilian Command later, but first...

The Venetian Syndicate is the model example of a Space Mafia Branch, this group dominates the trade in most of the Venetian Core worlds, exploting the sizable Squidhead minority and the cycles of oppression for fun and profit.

The lowest level (aside from associate, who arn't really parts of the mob, they just pay them) is the Soldiers, they are the lowlifes who do the dirty work for the rest of the mob, they mug people, they break knees for protection money, they smuggle booze into speakeasies, all that jazz. For every other mafiosi of rank, there are ten of these guys.

Above the soldiers, there are the Caporegimes. The 'Capos' usually lead a group of soldiers, and have influence over a particular neighborhood or small town. They are the ones who negotiate with crooked banks and partake in corporate espionage.

For every three Capos, there is an Underboss. Acting as an intermediary between the lower level thugs and the Boss himself, the Underboss radiates an air of brutality to keep the lackeys in line. These guys are the ones bribing judges, hiring prostitutes for Senators, and making people offers they can't refuse on the Boss's behalf. An Underboss is usually in charge of a city, or the equivelent.

The Boss is a more refined breed of crook, he's the dude who Planetary governers or small time Emperors are in the pocket of. He negotiates stock market crisises, assassinations of political rivals, and romancing rich widows. They usually have a Sphere of Influence of a planet.

Above the Boss, there is the Godfather. The Man Behind the Curtain, the Big Guy in the shadows, he commands influence on the level of a small-time soverign ruler. This particular Godfather, P-Squiddy, rose through the ranks of the Squid Teamsters union, seemlessly replacing the former head, Squiddy Hoffa, after the latter's dissappearence. Godfathers can command a crime empire of anywhere from a single System to small Star Cluster, they are the penultimate rank in the Space Mafia, and report to no-one but the Sicilian Mobfather.

The Sicilian Mob Command

The crème de la crème, the top dogs, the man behind the man, these are the uppermost elite of the Space Mafia. Nicknamed "The Family" or "La Famiglia" every single fig pictured has a trail of corpses following them to rival that of a Tyrant in their prime. Let's make some introductions, shall we?

Rovino, the Mob's Torturemaster General, graduated top of his class from the U.S.A.'s Guantanamo Bay interogation school, with his PHD in Pain.

Selena, the Grande Dame of the Whores, has a brothel in every national capital outside Trattoria.

Aussie is a pretty good sniper, but it's his skill at cards and party planning that keeps him in the Elite of the mafia, without him, life would get boring in Sicily.

Ms. Mob Doctor was once the first Venetian to get into the elite Trattorian Institute of Technology (T.I.T.) before she became disillusioned by the complete and utter lack of violence, (seriously, they didn't even have food fights) she dropped out and decided to join the mafia as a way to get back against their strangely pacifistic society. In persuit of this goal, she has sucessfully ruined the career of a promising Trattorian Scientist.

The son of a Lawyer Ork and a Dragon, Consigliere James "Croc" Mabub posesses both incredible Strength and absolute knowledge of the legal system.

Spade Slick, although grating under authority, and not a bit trustworthy, knows his way around bladed weapons and a deck of cards.

Ginger Johannson and Pancho are two of the Mafia's best assassins, skilled in both firing dual silenced pistols from the hip, and silently assassinating someone by burning them alive.

From a the distant Grey homeworld in Quantum-flux, Mack the Knives is also a skilled assassin, his ability to phase through walls makes him an invaluable covert asset, although he insists on only using knives for some reason.

Dirk Carver is the lay-about son of General Carver de Venice, he is in the Space Mafia as part of his summer internship for his Bachelors of Organized Crime.

Johnny Tightlips is the Sicilian Mob's confidant and Cthulic minister, he holds confession in the Space Chapel to help ease the consiences of the mobsters.

Jimmy the Squealer is the Mobfather's personal demolitions expert, he is liscenced for black powder, plastic explosives, and chainsaw rockets. He also Djs and hosts a morning talk show on the local radio station in his free time.

Tony the M8 droid is the most viscious and brutal member of the Space Mafia, he is responcible for the deaths of over 9000 police officers in... Nah, we're just kidding, he's sorta the Mafia's unofficial mascot, although he has personally tracked down and killed 27 seperate high-level snitches in the Family.

Sackhead is the Second in Command of the Space Mafia, known for his skill, brutality, and anonyminity, he personally took the first life of Prinz Klaus Jr. Von Bavaria with a quick shotgun to the head.

And finally, the big man himself, Mobfather Scratch, Godfather of the Sicilian Mob and Mobfather to the International Space Mafia. All other Godfathers obey him, and he rules with a iron fist A man shrowded in mystery, he is the man who united the Sicilian families, forged the partnership with Venice, and has singlehandedly overseen the expansion of the Sicilian Mafia from a small-time bunch of arm-dealers and protection racketeers to a force that can manipulate and topple empires.

Eschewing overly flashy or huge weapons, Scratch prefers to use a simple pistol, albiet the largest pistol he can fit in a violin case.

For those who want to re-create the Mobfather, but do not wish to tarnish a Mando helmet, this globe from the Pirates of the Carribean set is a wonderful substitute.

aand done, I'm intending this thread to both give a more concrete "feel" to the mafia, and also give this faceless syndicate some familier faces. Since I've heard people want to make their own Space Mafia branches, I tried to give a little vague structure to how a Mob Branch should look. The Sicilian "elite" are free-for-use Mafia heroes for forum battles and the like, their cliches should be obvious from their descriptions.

Here's a little teaser for where the mob's going next.
Spoiler
Show
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Re: The International Space Mafia

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:12 pm

Awesome, really fun.

For some reason or other, I'm particularly fond of:
Scratch wrote: Image
From a the distant Grey homeworld in Quantum-flux, Mack the Knives is also a skilled assassin, his ability to phase through walls makes him an invaluable covert asset, although he insists on only using knives for some reason.

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Post by loafofcheese » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:24 pm

It's really a shame Lego don't make horse heads as part of the chima line...
Only problem with silver bullets is the price of silver.

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:09 pm

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

@Loafofcheese:
There's always this option,
Spoiler
Show
Zupponn wrote:
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:25 pm

I have a tough time deciding which is the coolest thing, but I'm going to have to go with the squidheads. All of them look so cool.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Alex
Nice TRIPS

Post by Alex » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:00 pm

This is really cool. I like the backstories and personalities for all of the elites.

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Post by Bluefog » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:36 pm

Nothing constructive to say at all. Awesome. Such a great idea, very original. Good use of the various suits/tuxedos. One of my favorites I'd say.
"Hey, you try making love to a complete stranger in a hostile, mutant environment, see how you like it."

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:40 pm

I like the globe head so much better than the other helmet. Other than that, everything looks good.

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Post by Swordsalmon » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:06 pm

As someone who has been building a Squidhead faction for a few years, it excites me to see more Squidheads. Truly a fun faction. ^_^
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:44 pm

Thanks! I think I might switch to full-time globehead, since then both my sigfigs would have a sense of continuity.
Zupponn wrote: