Planetside 2

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Re: Planetside 2

Post by Whiteagle » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:57 pm

tahthing wrote:I personally love playing on Ceres, plenty of big Outfits keeping the population up and interesting.

The outfit i'm in solves the problem of 'there's never anybody on at the same time' though two ways; One: it's bloody massive(not a complete solution as the grunts are only a bit better than randomers), and Two: Friday Night Ops, basically on friday night everyone who can be on will be on. and it's tons of fun.
Last ops we had three platoons going, two infantry and one armoured/air with ~100 people cooperating closely as part of the ops. And it runs so smoothly it is amazing, stomping Vanu and NC back to there warpgates! (i fear part of that is that such a large number of TR takes up a lot of the server cap...)
Well BRIT does there Ops on Saturday afternoons, since it works better for their players in Europe, but they do also have recruiting limits.
I'm technically still Recruit status because I have yet to attend my third Op.

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage
all I have is anthrax and rage

Post by Kastrenzo » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:22 pm

I played for about an hour today, I can never bring myself to do any more than that because I'm always afraid of their stupid GMs banning anyone who gets too many points.

They've already banned me once for going 85-3. Was lucky to get unbanned considering how pants on head boneriffic their enforcement team is.
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:51 pm

So, does anyone still play this? I'm moving from Cobalt to Emerald so I'm wondering if there's still an outfit on there.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Post by Vami IV » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:05 pm

I stopped after losing my cool ass head set with mic. and 101stCanadian is dead.

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:00 pm

Ok, anyone else?
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:44 pm

Falk wrote:Ok, anyone else?
I will be, but my computer crapped out about a month ago so I'll have no idea how this new Mattherson Waterson merger went...
And yeah, 501stCadians crapped out after about a month, so there is no Brikwars Outfit, so yeah...

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:04 pm

It is I! I have returned, after arbitrarily browsing the forums for shits and giggles, come to explain what happened!

Basically, the total lack of support for Outfits- No MOTD, shitty rank system, and a pile of other things in addition to the flat out disregard of Outfits(making anything beneath 200 people a waste of time) led to a vote of the Mobile Infantry High Command- Majs. Matthewbri and Bishop869, Cpt.MGB519 and Cpt.Egalnyar, to just...give up. The game was not what we expected or wanted from a Planetside 1 successor. I realize it would have been best to make a post explaining this, but i've had my hands full paying for Post-Secondary(which also led to the decline of the MC server). My humblest apologies, gentlemen. And no, i'm not dead.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:36 pm

Yeah, I know where you're coming from.
I was rolling with a Terran platoon I joined up with when we get calls for help at that huge fucking fortress in the middle of the map of the desert world. We pull up, and fuck me, there had to have been something like 40 smurfs in there. I felt like I was World War 2 (The whole day I had been befriending my platoon via epic battles and was made a squad leader). Words can't do justice how epic this battle was, but I'll try.

After receiving the calls from some guys that were telling everyone to pile up at said fortress (I forgot :cry: ) because the smurfs were just hammering the place. So, my group rolls in, I get assigned a squad, and we enter the main building, hop in some turrets, and start hiding. A wave of like 60 smurfs charged the fortress, and we lost the vehicle bay almost immediately. We did manage to valiantly defend the upper parts of the fortress, but that fell in time.

But the Terrans don't simply give in.

We massed about 20 dudes in the complex next to it (after taking said complex back), and we took cover behind a wall, shooting at the guys that were camping in the garage (needless to say they had no interest in giving up their cool new clubhouse). this lasted about 10 (I might be exaggerating) or so minutes, we finally gained some ground, and started storming the building. This is where the operation fell apart for the smurfs.

After routing them in the main building, they started sending even more troops and even tanks over the huge mountain in sight from the top of the fort. At this point, I switched classes to Engineer, ran around repairing stuff, and hopped in an anti-aircraft turret (Which was actually very effective against main battle tanks). They got tired and hungry and went home after we littered the hill with broken, burning Sunderers and and tanks.

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:34 pm

I think I'll be getting back into this game soon. Mic be damned!

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:21 pm

Tried using the mic we bought a little while ago, nope. Until I resolve this problem, I think I'll just drop PS2

Koberaptor
Hero

Post by Koberaptor » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:52 pm

Do you have a Logitech mic? Some of them weren't paired to their dongles correctly

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:56 am

It might be some of the programs on this PC, or the headphones being really shitty.
Either way, give me orders and I can get the job done. I prefer playing roles based around helping others and inflicting pain, and this Heavy Assault, Medic, and Engineer.

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:25 pm

If anyone still plays Planetside 2, and is interested in an BrikWars outfit, here are my suggestions:

Outfit Name: Terran 1st BrikWarriors
Faction: Terran Republic
Server: Connery
Tag: BRIK

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:53 pm

"Massive fortress in the middle of the desert map." Bahahaha I laughed so hard reading that it almost made me want to play PS2 again.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:10 pm

Classic Vami literature.
My excuse for that one was that I hadn't played the game in nearly a year, and they changed the name of the fortress (Instead of "The Crown" as we used to know it, they changed it to the "Tower on the Haunted Hill." Probably because of the massive battles there). Don't know how I forgot the name "Indar," however. Favorite continent.

Also, I noticed I was sidestepping BrickArmed's question. The headphones I was using back in the day were some Gamecon headsets, but now they don't work. Then I used a Logitech USB Drive headset. Didn't work either. The USB one does work for Teamspeak, however.