I seem to have forgotten this

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

aybraus
Hero

I seem to have forgotten this

Post by aybraus » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:04 pm

What is the suggested CP limit for a typical, casual brikwars game between intermediate-level players?

CreatioNZ
Hero

Post by CreatioNZ » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:27 am

does it matter?? you could just play a game that suits your needs i.e. amount of lego bricks, how long you want to take, etc....

at my club we play 100 cps (2005 ed) and get them finished between 2mins and 20 mins...

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:12 am

CP sizes don't really matter unless your unit types are wildly different (e.g. one side fields mostly infantry while the other side deploys mostly tanks). Just make sure each team has a roughly equal number of infantrymen and vehicles. Most of my small battles are limited to "X number of squads, X number of small ground vehicles, X number of small flyers".

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:46 pm

200 to 500 CP should give you a decent sized force that's not stretching it if you don't have a lot of Legos.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:57 pm

No CP: just toss into the battlefield everything you want.

And explosives.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

aybraus
Hero

Post by aybraus » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:43 pm

Okay slow class, let's do a play-by-play of what I'm asking for with this topic.
First the subject, "I seem to have forgotten this." It indicates that I (1) have played Brikwars before and (2) am searching for information that I can't find anywhere else.
Then I ask for the "suggested CP limit." This means that I intend to use cost points and thus do not want a reply that tells me not to use them. I would like a suggestion of this type and not your damn opinion.
"Typical, casual brikwars game" is an indication of the target size of my brikwars game. Suggesting that I play a game "that suits my needs" is completely unhelpful to me because this is what I am trying to accomplish by posing the question. It's as if I am asking how to operate a fire hose, and you are suggesting that I put out that nearby fire.

NOW...
Give me your opinion how many CPs each player would need for a two player game on a coffee table, counting building. Using a TYPICAL army, meaning proper proportions of minifigs, heros, and special creations. Make it your opinion and an approximation, too.

ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Post by ahp77 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:22 pm

We're not idiots.

60-85 CP
Last edited by ahp77 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:30 pm

Aybraus, that's not gonna get much out of anyone, since you just insulted all other form users. You need to stop now before you make some enemies...
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:37 pm

AmmoMan wrote:Aybraus, that's not gonna get much out of anyone, since you just insulted all other form users. You need to stop now before you make some enemies...
I actually thought it was good. I would contribute, but I've never played with CP.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:44 pm

aybraus wrote:Okay slow class, let's do a play-by-play of what I'm asking for with this topic.
First the subject, "I seem to have forgotten this." It indicates that I (1) have played Brikwars before and (2) am searching for information that I can't find anywhere else.
Then I ask for the "suggested CP limit." This means that I intend to use cost points and thus do not want a reply that tells me not to use them. I would like a suggestion of this type and not your damn opinion.
"Typical, casual brikwars game" is an indication of the target size of my brikwars game. Suggesting that I play a game "that suits my needs" is completely unhelpful to me because this is what I am trying to accomplish by posing the question. It's as if I am asking how to operate a fire hose, and you are suggesting that I put out that nearby fire.

NOW...
Give me your opinion how many CPs each player would need for a two player game on a coffee table, counting building. Using a TYPICAL army, meaning proper proportions of minifigs, heros, and special creations. Make it your opinion and an approximation, too.
I did tell you how many; 200 to 500 CP. I only said that it would give you, and I quote;

"a decent sized force that's not stretching it if you don't have a lot of Legos".

That means that you have a force that is "fair, good enough, okay, significant, or substantial" in size according to a dictionary.

You asked for a SUGGESTED CP limit for a TYPICAL game. One, we all gave you our suggestions. I said what I said, other people said other things, including no CP counting which would mean limitless, no? A typical game is also different for everyone. I typically use CP, other people never have. That's the end of it.

Don't be a penis just because people gave you an answer based on your vague question.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:52 pm

Oh great, it's gonna turn into a flame war!

'jumps into bomb shelter'

Ill be in here if you guys need me.

:roll:

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:56 pm

Silvadream, you didn't actually say anything.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:09 pm

Ok... Silvadream, watch where you are stepping. Dangerous creatures lurk in this form.

'leaves'

aybraus
Hero

Post by aybraus » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:06 pm

OneEye589 wrote:Don't be a penis just because people gave you an answer based on your vague question.
Sorry, I wasn't talking about you.
Your answer was quite helpful.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:45 pm

AmmoMan wrote:Ok... Silvadream, watch where you are stepping. Dangerous creatures lurk in this form.

'leaves'
I know. J+B tried to eat me when i made a "Joke Ship" for his Captial ship contest....*Hides*
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.