My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

Post by Silverdream » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:04 am

What are the stats for my cigarette and golden ashtray? Does it deal burning damage?

Also, happy anniversary guys.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:23 pm

Drink the potion and level up skill, I should then look for any superior armor and weapons and take them while heading towards the city.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:02 am

Silverdream wrote:What are the stats for my cigarette and golden ashtray? Does it deal burning damage?
The cigarette is a minifig size object with added fire damage (Use:4 Range:CC Damage:1d6-2+1d4fire). It's also a supernatural (it's a ghost cigarette after all) consumable item. In addition to its regular burning attack, the ghost cigarette also grants you supernatural d6 (6 charges - unlimited use per turn). The cigarette will slowly burn as you use its supernatural powers until it is fully consumed.

The golden ashtray is very similar to a shield but it also has all the physical and supernatural properties of a regular ashtray.

As the adventure is going through some kind of intermission leading from part I to part II, I will allow myself to leave some comments about the whole RPG thing.
Spoiler
Show
First, I have to tell you that I really enjoy running it and I hope you're enjoying it too. I apologize for not posting updates more often. I would like to update it at least once every two weeks but that rarely works. I'm still glad I managed to get it going until now (the whole thing was dismantled a few times.. and the whole thing is now getting very dusty..).

I think the playtest is going well but supernatural power were completely overpowered so I tried to fudge down their effect recently. I think 6 faces (instead of 10) per level would be better IF you stick to a cliché. If you don't, 4 faces per level could be enough (compared to the other stats, it's still better to stack d6 (or even d4) than to upgrade from d6 to d8 to d10...

I also think the least powerful stat is movement. Spending a level point (that could right now be worth one supernatural d10) to get a single additional inch of movement is expensive but as I'm working on the supernatural power already, I'm hoping this one will solve itself in the process.

Following the stats of every individual character (7 for the most time) is also easier than I expected, as long as you keep the character sheet close (honestly, Its way more fun to deal with those customized stats than to deal with the damage of 14 size 2 rockets (28d10) hitting a spacecraft with 23 hit points and a structure level of three, as recently done in a small undocumented (a shame) battle involving the Spacecraft Galaxy and a number of pirate frigates).

I'm thinking about a layout that would make a character sheet fits a standard stat card.
Also, this is an example explaining how I usually deal with medikal skills:
Spoiler
Show
Starting from the skill of the surgeon (Medik - Skill: 1d8 medikal), the nurses assisting him increase the dice size by one (medikal skill now at 1d10) and the medikal facility increase the dice size one more time (now 1d12 medikal).
This is in addition to the extra limbs given to heroes (7 instead of 4).
And armors:
Spoiler
Show
Every armor piece grants a bonus. Here are the armor values of a few random minifigs (from left to right with details below):
1d6, 1d10+1, 2d6+1, 2d6+2, 1d6 (shielded).
1- Regular minifig (1d6) without armor
2- Officer (1d10) with body armor (+1)
3- Hero (2d6) with helmet (+1)
4- Hero (2d6) with full armor (+2)
5- Regular minifig (1d6) wearing heavy armor (shielded)
* The first minifig is a Noxarian Security Officer, the next one is Snake, brother of the hero next to him: Warchief Khang. Then there is Tera, daughter of the Warchief (Bock, who was killed by Carlos, was Khang's son). And finally, a mercenary who used to work for Deep Space Management.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:42 pm

How is everything Lego you touch so damn pretty?

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:54 pm

Use a supernatural D6 to inhale the cigarette, and blow carcinogenic smoke at the dragon.
Image lol j/k

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:04 pm

Okay, sorry for the wait everyone! Orders for Flash:

First off- if possible, can we say that Flash picked up one of the heroic feat things in the cave before he left? And maybe an apple or two as he went out to see his ship.

Now, orders:
First off, Biff's ghost should follow Flash out to the ship.

Flash: "Blast, that was was my third best ship! It looks like the damage to the vessel was too much for re-entry! Nevermatter though, I'm not the greatest Captain in the cosmos for nothing! Now let's see here...."

Flash takes a look around the ship and activates the extra-dimensional impact pocket, freeing Admiral Faultworthy and Gimbles. (it is basically a safehouse dimension, designed to activate in dire situations that will protect the inhabitants of the ship during critical damage)

"Aha, as I suspected! I knew it was a good idea to have that extra dimension installed! I see you made it, good form Gimbles! But what are you doing here, Admiral Faultworthy?"

At this point, Flash should recieve his microscale- avoidance from whoever was holding it. "BY MY OWN LEGEND! THIS IS PERFECT!" Flash strikes a pose with the micro-Avoidance. "This is a perfect miniature replica, with fully working systems! Let's see Faultworthy, Gimbles, and..." Flash points to the space detective "You've got mechanical aptitude right? Help out your intrepid Captain for a minute!" Flash continues:

"Now, on the side of the ship facing forward, in the bottom hatch, we've got an ultralizer cannon we swiped from Doktor Maniakal a few years back! It should be perfect for this! It super-sizes anything you fire it on! All you've got to do is detach it and train on this wonderful model, and we've got a fully equipped SCS Avoidance Mark II! Haha, I am such a genius! If I didn't already know I was the greatest, I'd shock myself with my own magnificence!"

Flash should help out using his supernatural power to boost the skill of those super-sizing the mini-avoidance. At the end of all this, make sure not to forget the briefcase.
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.
Marriages Saved: 1

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:55 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:How is everything Lego you touch so damn pretty?

Captain Flash Maxwell (Lord Mercat)
Jaras Kyfi (Falk)
The Space Detective (Scratch)
Garth Sneakyheadsmasher (lawmaster)

Biff's ghost follows Flash to the hatch at the back of the ship.

Flash: "Blast, that was was my third best ship! It looks like the damage to the vessel was too much for re-entry! Nevermatter though, I'm not the greatest Captain in the cosmos for nothing!"

Flash gets inside the ship.

"Aha, As I suspected! Emercency batteries power havs been redirected to power the extra-dimensional impact pocket. I knew my trusty crew would remember what to do!"

When activated by Flash, the pocket reveals a spacefleet communicator.
Flash: "I knew it was a good idea to have that extra dimension installed! Now let's see why did they put a spacefleet communicator in there..."

Flash activates the communicator.
"Captain Maxwell?"

Flash recognizes the voice of the ship navigator!
"Suzy! Where are you?"

Suzy replies: "I'm with Gimbles and admiral Faulthworthy. We used the emergency Flash-pods and are now tracking Pierro Mimsey on the surface. We should be able to locate him very soon. As soon as we find him, we shall contact you again!"

* Communicator added to inventory! *

Flash exits the wreckage and gets to the rest of the group, where Jaras gives him his present.
Flash: "BY MY OWN LEGEND! THIS IS PERFECT! This is a perfect miniature replica, with fully working systems!"

Striking a pose with the micro-Avoidance, Flash points to the space detective:
"You've got mechanical aptitude right? Help out your intrepid Captain for a minute! In the bottom hatch, we've got an ultralizer cannon we swiped from Doktor Maniakal a few years back! It should be perfect for this! It super-sizes anything you fire it on! All you've got to do is detach it and train on this wonderful model, and we've got a fully equipped SCS Avoidance Mark II!"

Flash flips the ship upside down and retrieves the micro-ultralizer cannon from the bottom hatch.
"Haha, I am such a genius! If I didn't already know I was the greatest, I'd shock myself with my own magnificence!"

Flash and the Space Detective proceeds to setup to micro-ultralizer so that it will fire on the micro avoidance.
Flash: "Now we have to be extra careful! The tiniest miscalculation and the cannon could blow up the ship and kill everyone around it!"

Success!
The Space Detective gets +8xp for his mekanical aptitude roll!
Space Detective: "It will take some time but it should work."

Jaras and the Space Detective start to move toward the city while Garth goes to Flash.

He gives him one of the instant heroic feat he was carrying.

Code: Select all

Usage of the instant heroic feat so far:
Garth Sneakyheadsmasher: Carrying 1
Captain Flash Maxwell: Carrying 1
The Space Detective: Carrying 1
Jaras Kyfi: Carrying 1
Carlos Indiana Devine: Used 1, carrying 1
The Post-Apoc Survivor: Used 2
(Total: 8)

Garth drinks the leveling potion.
Skill increased from 1d4 to 1d6!

The group takes some time to look around for items because I failed to provide an Overwatch in the last post.
Flash picks up the last apple.

Garth checks Bock's large axe. It's a heavy weapon with a regular shield mounted on it. Garth can bring it with him but won't be able to swing it with the claw hand..

The Space Detective looks on the other side of the burned forest: There are more heavy weapon and regular armor pieces, one full body armor (armor +2) with extra clips for equipment, one pipebomb, an uzi (long range automatic weapon), a regular shield and above all, his hat and mask.

Jaras goes near the crashed drop pod. He finds another full body armor with extra clips, two more pipebombs and an additional uzi.
Jaras also spend his level point to increase his base armor from 1d6 to 1d8 (current armor = 1d8+2).

Overwatch
Does anyone wants something from all of this before going to the city?

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:10 pm

Pierro Mimsey the Sad Clown (Zupponn)
The Balloon Man Balloon is doing a great job. Every civilian is now carrying a balloon animal!

Pierro gets over excited and hop in the yellow frigate. While he has no clue how to pilot this model, at least he knows the basic of spacecraft piloting: When in doubt, press all the buttons!

The ship lift off and Pierro inadvertently fires all four missiles on the black frigate in front of him!

The black frigate takes 2 points of damage and the explosions cause widespread panic amongst the crowd.

Pierro is also scared by what he just did and jumps out of the ship.

He runs to the nearest door and starts knocking frenetically.

When a minifig opens, Pierro mimes what just happened.

The minifig feels sad for Pierro: "Poor Sad Clown! Let me console you."

She takes Pierro inside..

With all the commotion, it appears the show is over.

The Balloon Man Balloon takes the balloon chest filled with balloons and the helium tank but leaves the banana.
The banana can be eaten to regain 1 hp.

The Balloon Man Balloon leaves the main area..

The Warg (alphafalcon541)
Carlos Indiana Devine (mgb519)
Vera Zhrkvsk (Silverdream)

"You dare call me kitty, will you be calling me that when you-"
The Warg starts to chase the Black DSM.

But the Black DSM disappear when he reaches the edge of the map.
The Warg: "Oh!"

Carlos quickly fire an ice bullet straight down the dragon's throat.
(The dragon has a structure level of 2 and 6 hp)

It works! The dragon can not breathe fire until it somehow gets rid of the ice.

Vera takes a drag from the ghost cigarette..
(5 charges left)

Then she blows the carcinogenic smoke at the dragon but this time, the armor roll is higher and the dragon is not affected by the smoke.

The Dragon (NPC)
The dragon jumps from the top of the tower in an attempt to crush Carlos!
(The dragon attacks the minifig that is the most threatening to it, in this case Carlos because Vera's attack failed and the Warg isn't even there. If threat is equal or non existent, the dragon will pick a random target)

Carlos critically bails by jumping in the abyss.

He reappears on the tower on the oppposite side of the map!
He's not injured but he's disrupted.

Character sheets
Spoiler
Show
Blue=Skill, White=Move, Green=Armor, Brown=Hit Points, Red=Damage, Clear=Supernatural
* The apple Flash just picked up is missing from his inventory *
For the next turn, I need orders for Carlos, Vera and the Warg.

For the group on the main map, I expect your orders to be to get to the city but if you need/want anything else, just let me know.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:31 pm

Someone get the pipebomb for me. Use the heroic feat to electrically jolt the dragon's heart from inside, stopping it. Then stab the dragon in a weak spot with a supercharged knife thrust, using one dice for accuracy and the rest for power.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:40 pm

Could someone get the Uzi for me?

Vera will inhale so the end of the cigarette is extra hot, and attack the dragon's tail.
Image lol j/k

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:00 pm

Garth should pick up and wear the space detectives helmet and hat. He should also take the shield and drop the pike.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:14 pm

The Post-Apoc Survivalist returns to the fight, in a desperate act he (heroic feat) tries to flick between the warg and the minifig. If he fails, he attacks the dragon with his vicious teeth, going for the exposed neck. (Can I craft armor for the warg or no?)

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:30 am

Jaras will switch his armor out for the white srmor with the clip, and will keep the pipe bombs and uzi that are attached.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:12 pm

I'll take the full clip armor set close to me, and Garth can wear my hat and mask as long as he pulls it off well. I'll take the Uzi and pipe bomb, and clip that axe-spear and one of my inventory items onto the back, so I can put the pipe bomb into my inventory and hold the Uzi. Also, attach that shield to the axespear using my mechanix skillz.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:04 pm

Carlos Indiana Devine (mgb519)
Carlos uses one supernatural dice to recover from his disrupted position.

He then uses his instant heroic feat to jolt the dragon's heart from inside.

Success!
Carlos disable one of the two heart, effectively disabling half the size of the dragon
Effective size of the dragon reduced to 3!
This had the effect of contracting every muscles of the dragon so hard that its jaw broke free of the ice.

Carlos enchants his blade..

..and jumps using another supernatural dice to boost the distance!

He hits the dragon at the back of its neck.
The dragon loses 1 hp (2/3 remaining unless it somehow restart the disabled heart)
Carlos gains +2 xp!

Vera Zhrkvsk (Silverdream)
* TAP TAP *

Vera inhale so the end of the cigarette gets extra hot.
(4/6 charges remaining)

Then she attacks the tail of the dragon.

She misses..

The Warg (alphafalcon541)
The Warg returns to the fight.
(You're not carrying any feat but sure you can craft or wear armor if you find something that fit.)

He goes for the exposed neck but he misses.

The Dragon (NPC)
The dragon tries to get rid of Carlos by shaking its back rodeo style.

But Carlos crit (for the fourth time this turn!) and manages to keep a firm grip.

Unable to get Carlos, the dragon switch target..

The dragon swings his tail and tries to hit Vera but she critically blocks with the golden ashtray.

Vera counterattack and cuts the dragon's tail!
Vera gains +4 xp for destroying this weapon!
Vera levels up and reaches level 6!

Overwatch

Garth Sneakyheadsmasher (lawmaster)
Garth takes the shield and discard the rest.

Garth then switches his protective helmet for the gears of the space detective (those pieces grant no bonus to armor).

Jaras Kyfi (Falk)
Jaras switches his armor

The Space Detective (Scratch)
The Space Detective also switches his armor.
He then tries to mekanically attach the axespear to the shield but he breaks the axespear..
(I added the third clip that was missing at the back of this armor)

He tries with another axespear and completely fails..

He finally succeed!
+6 xp!
LEVEL UP!!

Next stop: The city.

Need orders for Carlos, Vera, the Warg and from those who feels like sending more orders otherwise just sit tight and wait for the next part!