first (short) Write-Up

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

first (short) Write-Up

Post by Greenkey15 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:32 pm

Well, this is my first recorded battle I've written up, so be prepared:

The Battlefield: The Battlefield is mostly flat, but with a tower on one side and several civilians: an alien, dish-washer, and two dogs.

Turn One: the only turn ever! We didn't finish quite as quickly as we thought we would...

THe Exo-Force took its first turn my moving several robots onto my forces and killing a trooper
The Civilians: Moved all of their people in their cars, killed the alien, shot a poor scorpion, and slaughtered several of the Exo Forces troops. Unfortunately, his hero (harry potter) attempted to use the magical tree on the back of his car to shoot himself into the air and use his magic to shoot a death beam at the Exo Force, but failed and his necklace shot forward and severed his head, hitting the dish-washer and a dog, enraging the dog to become a Demon of Bionicle 2006.
The Gaming Inquisiton (me!): I started my turn slaughtering the Exo Force (he was a godd*mn anorak!), and my hero, Joseph, Paladin of the Gaming Gods, jumped into the air, threw his sword Chillrend...and severed his own head *facepalm*.
Epilogue: The Exo Force's General was an anorak, and insisted on looking at the rulebook, and refused my Gaming Supersoldiers stat bonuses from their armor! they cost about 20 CP each, and he still turned them down! He won every fudge roll except for the heroic feat role, AND said that the armor value has to be rolled higher than, not equal to or higher than in the damage roll! He even refused the 2001 weapons! I wish it was legal in the US to whack someone with the hammer of discipline (and wished I had brought it). He even refused to read the 2001 forward to see what Anorak meant! THis is going to be one bad next few games... anyway, the end was that my hero accidently fused an atom whilst beheading himself and detonated the battlefield with a massive fission blast! Phew! Glad that torture was over... we had two hours- TWO HOURS to play! We only got two the first turn... *giggles maniacly* YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Someone who strictly follows the rules.
Here's an excerpt from the manual:
The Foreword wrote:The worse problem were the more intelligent morons, the idiot-savant Anoraks, adept with details and calculations but oblivious to the more critical objective of having fun. I started hearing one horror story after another of a breed of player whose single-minded goal seemed to be the derailment of his group's enjoyment in favor of making sure everything was done By the Book and, above all, that his personal interpretation of the rules was Right. The story that topped it off was of a BrikWars battle staged at a LEGO-enthusiasts' convention, in which the guy running the game was such a rules Piltogg that he literally made his players cry rather than let them have fun.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:56 pm

Apparently it's British slang for someone interested in boring information.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

Niflheim
Hero

Post by Niflheim » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:45 am

It seems that it took a long time for that first turn..... try not to do that again, or print the instruction booklet out for that anorak.... Which I Should do, but my all-in-one doesn't work since the disk I got sent was fraud.
Lets just hoe the anorak's army is destroyed soon enough to teach him a lesson!

*~*Niflheim*~*

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:50 pm

Yes! Everyone gang up on the anorak, then tell him he has to take on a stat damper because "you rolled 3 too many times." My brother is like this, unfortunatly, he is the only person i can play with.

-'_'-
~
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Post by Greenkey15 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:59 pm

I feel kind of sorry for him...I am still debating in my mind whether or not I should show him the 2001 rules under the guise of "more order". I am going to have to get that gold spray paint, dremel, and ball-peen hammer out to make the Almighty Hammer of the Gaming Gods named Discipline. I can't remember where, but I saw somewhere on these forums that watching Xiao Xiao helps with Dimmyness. I'm going to have to use that :twisted:

SnakeEyes
Nice Dubs

Post by SnakeEyes » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:28 pm

silvadream wrote:Ahh Is it a combination of the words anus and ragnorok meaning the apocalypse in norse mythology.
Erm no...(although that would be an apt description in this case)
Apparently it's British slang for someone interested in boring information.
True, although it's also an actual word for a heavy coat, such as a parka, the slang comes from the fact that most trainspotters (as well as other notorious pedants and lovers of detail and trivia) sport such a coat.

I guess that makes me an anorak anorak.

Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Post by Greenkey15 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:56 pm

"C" (my nickname for Exo-Force) even went so far to say that all vehicles are Horses because they are the only vehicle in the rules.

............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:12 pm

Epic facepalm ASCII
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"