Death War Project - Day 1

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Death War Project - Day 1

Post by Natalya » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:18 pm

Day 1 of the Death War

Here's what went on during the first round of fighting...

Before anything started, the Ninjas and the Space Pirates both sided with the Czech-politicians. Then, the Czech Star Force moved in...

That was it for the Czech Star Force this round.

Assyrian Space Force:

The cruiser began to pull around the Space Pirate's side of the battlefield to meet the Czech-politician fleet. It couldn't turn enough to line up the giant death laser, but it's largest laser gun turret was in range and fired at one of the Vostoks.

The Vostok got hit by one of the laser beams and its shields were disabled for the next turn. It also took a point of structure damage, but no major systems were harmed.

The Space Ninjas:

These guys immediately opened fire on the Assyrian commandos.

The rocket hit, but only did 5 damage, a rather disappointing roll for a D20. The commandos weren't hurt, but three got knocked onto the ground and are in prone positions.

The guy with the heavy bolter was more lucky, getting two critical success rolls in a row!!

One of the commandos was blown apart in a shower of blood by the heavy bolter slugs tearing through his body. The first kill of the day goes to the green Space Ninja.

The Ninjas then took cover and ended their turn.

The Space Pirates:

They started by getting into battle positions.

Four of them moved out and charged the commandos. Two were in range and fired. The guy with the laser rifle missed, but Billy Billikins suffered a different fate.

Billy was never too bright. He ended up getting a critical failure on his skill roll to hit the enemy, and he blew his leg off.

Now Billy knows not to hold automatic shotguns upside down.

While Billy was busy shooting his leg off, Palomar figured this was as good a time as any to get wasted. He used his heroic feat to down a bottle of hard liquor in one go.

The pirates on the tower had better luck than Billy Billikins. One manned the auto-cannon turret while another fired a rocket at the Assyrians camped on the hill. The guy with the binoculars gave his skill modifier to the one with the rocket launcher, earning him a direct hit.

Boom!! Two Assyrians were killed by the blast, while the auto-cannon tore apart the commander standing behind them. This ends the Pirates turn.

The Czech-politicians:

The Czechs began with an all-out charge at the Assassin Droids. They came over the hill, guns blazing.

Unfortunately, the armour on the Assassin Droids protected them for the most part. Only two were hurt, but one of them had it's head and arm blow off by a critical success roll from one of the Czechs with an assault rifle. The explosion is from a rocket-stick, but it only did 5 damage and did not hurt the droids.

Stupid 5's. D:

The Czechs fired another MKII rocket at the droids.

But another critical failure had it explode in the middle of the air. The rockets haven't been very effective thus-far.

Not discouraged, the Czech's mecha flew into the battle. It had better results than did its team-mates.

First it blew off one of the commando's heads with its auto-cannon. (The gun it's holding.) Then it fired a missile at the Assyrians on the hill.

Direct hit!! Three Assyrians are instantly killed.

Elsewhere, the Wookies move up, and Ice Man sprints to the Ninja base.

Democratus used his jet pack to fly over to the other Czech-politician forces as they started to make their way down the battlefield.

This ends the Czech-politician turn.

The Assyrian Star Empire:

Although they suffered heavy losses at the outset, the Assyrians were ready to fight back.

What? One of the Assassin Droids got back up again!! Because it was not killed by a margin of damage of 5 or more, one of the Assassin Droids got a roll to see if it would stand back up, and it passed. (The one which lost its head had suffered 16 points of damage so it did not get this roll.) The Assassin Droids then ripped through the front of the Czech-politician's line, killing 4 Commandos.

Different view.

The rest of the Assyrians on this side of the field advanced in cover. The Sniper took a shot, and so did two of the soldiers with their heavy laser rifles, but they missed. The sniper blew the head off of another Czech Commando.

The Assyrian Mecha moved up, but did not take any shots.

Likewise for the rest of the Assyrians. They re-grouped and are holding position against the next wave of attacks.

Battle Overwatch Shots

Day 1 Results
Kills:
Space Ninjas -- 1
Space Pirates -- 3
Czech-politicians -- 6(-1)
Assyrian Star Empire: 5

Deaths:
Czech-politicians -- 5
Assyrian Star Empire -- 10(-1)

Vehicle Damage Points Given:
Assyrian Space Force -- 1

Vehicle Damage Points Taken:
Czech-politician Star Force -- 1

Awaiting orders for Day 2.
Last edited by Natalya on Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:28 pm

This is a major success so far.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

Shaeph
Cannon Fodder

Post by Shaeph » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:29 pm

*gasp* the writing isn't blue!!

Nice report, there can never be to much fire
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:31 pm

Post is fixed and complete now.

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:45 pm

Today I did well, not well enough.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:48 pm

When firing at the droids, you got like 5 1's for damage. D: The mecha did good though. I advise you request for the shuttle to re-supply your soldiers with some of those MKIII rockets and use one or two of those to kill the Assassin Droids. Also, your death cars will be in firing range of the Assyrian encampment for the next turn.

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:14 am

Boxer (Animal Farm) wrote:I will work harder!
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:15 am

D:

Niflheim
Hero

Post by Niflheim » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:46 am

I know a way that could possibly kill the ship severely but its kamakize(sp?) style attack. It also wastes lots of supplies.
As a boring off topic note, I would write in color but whenever I do people says it burns their eyes.

*~*Niflheim*~*

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:59 am

Niflheim wrote:I know a way that could possibly kill the ship severely but its kamakize(sp?) style attack. It also wastes lots of supplies.
As a boring off topic note, I would write in color but whenever I do people says it burns their eyes.

*~*Niflheim*~*
Like this?

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:05 am

Blue has good contrast though. ;)

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:19 am

And it's the best colour.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:41 pm

Looks like my troops are getting my ass kicked :P

Sending orders now...
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:37 pm

What's the range of my missiles?
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Niflheim
Hero

Post by Niflheim » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:38 pm

Moronstudios wrote:
Niflheim wrote:I know a way that could possibly kill the ship severely but its kamakize(sp?) style attack. It also wastes lots of supplies.

*~*Niflheim*~*
Like this?
No. Like this. This is the color I normally use on forums.

*~*Niflheim*~*