Custom designed minifig

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

DarkWolf
Officer

Custom designed minifig

Post by DarkWolf » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:42 pm

This is my first custom minifig, and I must say I'm rather proud of how it turned out, except the front of the torso. It looks rather sloppy, but by the time I'd gotten that I'd tried four times, so I decided this was the best I would get

Carlos Hathcock (Long Tra'ng du'Kich)

Move: 8”
Skill: flip coin
Armor: 3
Specialties:

Ranged Heroic Ego:
Hathcock is a sniper, and will ignore all Heros on his team until they get too close to him. As such, the normal Cranky penalty only occurs when a Hero on his own team moves within 12” of Hathcock’s position, but it will be -2 on all rolls instead of -1. He will also be unable to fire his weapon at a range of more than 10". If the Hero is killed, knocked out, or leaves the 12” radius, the penalty is removed. Additionally, if any infantry, friend or foe, comes within 6” of Hathcock, he will recive the Cranky penalty as if all the nearby forces are Heros. This also means that Hathcock cannot RedShirt any forces, even if he’s about to take a Mk. V missile to the face.

Master Marksmen:
Hathcock is a Master Marksmen, which means any weapon he uses will automatically become a single shot, scoped sniper rifle, with a range of no less than 14” and no more than 40” (the actual range should be decided based on the weapon's original range, conferring with the other players, and liberal application of “What I Say Goes” rolls). This also means that regardless of the weapons UR, Hathcock only needs to flip a coin. On heads, the shot hits; on tails, it misses by the slimmest margin, alerting the target to Hathcock’s presence. If the coin lands heads, the shot is a kill shot, blowing the target’s head clean off. Roll 1d10 to see how many inches away the head lands. If the target has a helmet that could possibly stop the bullet, decided on a Armor value for the helmet and roll it against 1d10 for the sniper bullet.

White Feather:
Hathcock’s trademark is a small white feather in his hat. Because of this, he can never be more than 2/3 in cover, unless he’s standing behind something that can cover the feather.

Epic Headshot:
If another sniper is attempting to snipe Hathcock, and Hathcock is looking in the general direction of the enemy sniper, it automatically becomes a Sniper Duel. In a Sniper Duel, both players involved will roll 1d6 each. The player with the higher number will fire first. Follow the normal Master Marksmen rules for the battle, and if Hathcock comes out on top, the sniper rifle’s scope will have taken the bullet, reducing the rifles range by ½, but not taking the target’s head off. Instead, place some sort of marker to indicate that the bullet has gone through his eye and blow his brains out.

(Optional) Long Tra'ng du'Kich:
Long Tra'ng du'Kich translates into “White Feather Sniper” and inspires fear in the enemy. As soon as Hathcock is discovered on the battlefield by any unit, word will spread to all infantry on the battlefield, and will demoralize them. They will take a -1 on all rolls until Hathcock is dead. Once Hathcock is dead, the enemy will be overjoyed, and take a +1 bonus to all rolls. They must also roll 1d6 to see if they resist the urge to break out the bootlegged booze they have hidden on their person. On a 4 or up, they beat the urge. On a 3 or less, they fail, and must roll 1d6 on the Ker-Hammered table. If an infantry unit killed him, that unit will get a +2 bonus to all rolls and get a Heroic Feat every turn until the end of the game, as well as automatically resisting the urge to get stinking drunk.

"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:03 pm

Wow! That's never going to fit on the back of a stat card!

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:34 pm

It will if the card is two feet tall. And to be honest the only reason it's so bloody long is because it's more of a homage to the real Carlos Hathcock. I tried to stay as close to reality as I could without sacrificing the BrikWars spirit of destruction and mayhem and things randomly bursting into flame. Oooh, there's a thought for a special battlefield design with a special rule.
--Anonymous
--Commissar saying
--Steel Legion motto

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:30 pm

wow, this kicks the teeth out of any sniper card i've ever seen before. hell, if we just trim this down, we have the perfect blueprint for a brik sniper! let's see, i'll try it right now:

SNIPER

Move: 5"
Skill:1d2 (coin) (1d6 on all non-ranged combat rolls)
Armor: 3
Special:

Ranged Ego: snipers will take -2 on all rolls and be unable to fire at a target more than 10" away if any unit, friend or foe, comes within 6" of them.

Marksman: snipers using a sniper rifle will simply flip a coin to determine a hit or miss (all hits are instant kills). if target is wearing a helmet or is a hero, coin toss must be remade. if heads again, target is dead: if not, target is stunned.

trimmed gramatically, that could totally fit on a stat card. and i have a feeling that drawing the artwork for this would be loads of fun (HINT HINT).

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:29 pm

Hmmm. I think the sniper should have 6 or 7 inches of movement. The loss of durability is to give them more speed. I mean, what's the point of going out into battle with no body armor if you don't get to run like hell? When I thought of the sniper, I was thinking of a cross between Scouts and regular minifigs: More movement than a regular trooper, but still able to make attacks.
--Anonymous
--Commissar saying
--Steel Legion motto

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:57 pm

because snipers tend to not run like hell? the slower speed is so they can aim better (seriously, a 50% chance to one-hit-kill is quite impressive), and so they can be stealthier. but mostly, a sniper is ALREADY powerful enough to insta-snuggle an enemy unit from a distance.

besides, your sniper should never really need to move once he's placed somewhere good, like a churchtower.

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:15 pm

yeah, I think it's usually a good idea to lower stats of units in one respect when you give them a boost in another. So a sniper that's incredible at killing targets should naturally be slow and weak and easy to pick off (if you can get close enough). Otherwise it just becomes a super unit that no one can kill, and that just gets frustrating.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:10 pm

Point. Match. Brain shutting down due to dehydration (I've been bingo on my water supply for a while now)
--Anonymous
--Commissar saying
--Steel Legion motto

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:51 pm

Hmmm... Wonder if we could get Mike to make a sniper stat card... Lets all pester him with emails! :D Actually, really good minfig, Dark Wolf... And great "trimming" IVhorseman. If Mike looks at this thread at some point, we can try to convince him to make a sniper...

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:54 pm

King of Brix wrote:Hmmm... Wonder if we could get Mike to make a sniper stat card... Lets all pester him with emails! :D Actually, really good minfig, Dark Wolf... And great "trimming" IVhorseman. If Mike looks at this thread at some point, we can try to convince him to make a sniper...
oh i'm sure he HAS looked at it. he's just avoiding actually doing the art for as long as possible. lord knows i would.

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:56 pm

Hmmmm... We need a massive skill roll to force him to do it... Everybody grab some dice! :D ... Oh. Just noticed he isn't online... We need another skill roll to make him come online.

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:50 am

I rolled a 1, does that mean his computer broke?
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:16 am

I'm thinking about it, but I haven't seen anything special yet to justify putting the hours in for artwork. A sniper is a good idea for a unit, but so far he doesn't bring anything unique to gameplay, he's just a better Minifig.

The only thing I'd add right now is to give him a Stealth bonus similar to Scouts and Ninjas, but still, there's nothing about him that makes him a game-changer just yet.

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:11 pm

:roll: No, no, no, absolutely not. Flipping a coin to determine an instant kill doesn't change the game at all, not to mention all the blood that you could add due to a high calibur weapon firing a round directly into somebodies skull [/sarcasm] But I see what you mean... This idea must be developed!

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:10 pm

yeah, i agree, 50% chance of killing most any unit at massive isn't game changing? i was also considering a stealth addition, but that's really all he needs. he's basically the ranged equivalent of a ninja.

whatever. we'll just leave it here until you eventually get bored and keep coming back to this page until you eventually break down and do it.

then again, the exact same thing could happen to one of US as well <_<