The Almighty Bennies

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Greenkey15 wrote:Almighty Benny has been captured by peaches. That is why the site doesn't go live! Rayhawk needs Benny's official conformation, and is why World War Brik must go on! To Save the Almighty Benny! CHARGE!!1
Jesus Christ calm down, I'll just AIM him.

Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Post by Greenkey15 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:35 pm

I know, I know, I usually include a disclaimer saying that his capture is a lie. I guess I forgot this time... *sigh*

I hear by solemnly swear that Almighty Benny has not been captured by Peachies and all information of such is just political junk trying to get people to join the Allied forces of World War Brik.*

Either way, the Resident Genious has been captured by peaches or is annoyed with all of us and has decided to leave. I prefer the former, but the latter is more likely... hmm... JUST CHARGE FOR GOD'S SAKE!!1**

*Please still CHARGE

** This was a small moment of dimmydom that all of us have. Dimmy me has been tranquilized and is being shipped to the Pitcairn Islands where he can get along with people. Unfortunately, he always escapes wherever I send him. Next I am going to try North Korea! *whack* Stay calm.

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:58 pm

Even if he has not been taken i say we burn all peach sympathizers just for good we can start with there leader ROC Burn him torch the the traitor !!!!!!!!!!!
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:05 am

my floppy penis wrote:
Rayhawk wrote:WITH THAT IN MIND, what do you think are some good examples of an Almighty Benny that players might conceivably hand out?
Are you talking things that could BE an Almighty Benny, or more things that could result in one being given?
Good point. How about we take it even further. For each Benny suggestion:
  • 6. A name for a good Benny,
    7. The two pieces attached together to make it,
    8. The reason the Benny was given,
    9. And the ideal way for it to be used.

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:56 am

hmmm.
how about:
the almighty benny of decapitation
awarded for extraordinary amounts of units decapitated.
made using a minifig body and a head, remove the head to use it.
preferably used for more decapitation...
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Almighty Benny of Heroic Feats

Used to use an heroic feat immediately.
Put a cape on top of a 1x1 cone, remove to use feat.
Awarded to player if everyone agreed that his last feat was an epicly cool feat, and that he will do another one if given this Almighty Benny.

Ignore that. I should have read what Rayhawk posted.
Last edited by RagnarokRose on Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:29 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:Almighty Benny of Heroic Feats

Used to use an heroic feat immediately.
Put a cape on top of a 1x1 cone, remove to use feat.
Awarded to player if everyone agreed that his last feat was an epicly cool feat, and that he will do another one if given this Almighty Benny.
But almighty bennies can't be used on heroic feats!

Content:

The Almighty Benny of HEAVY METAL

This benny is made up of any medieval weapon attached to a skull. It is to be awarded when someone does something in Brikwars that would make King Diamond proud. Ideally, it would be used for guitar solos.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:43 am

The Almighty Benny of Fudge

Made from two fudges mashed together. Awarded for good/hilarious use of The Law of Fudge. Used for fudged dice rolls. When used, it is not taken apart but eaten.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:00 pm

man, this stuff sounds like medals on halo. which would be cool, like the almighty benny of extermination (1 minifig getting 8 kills without dying)
EDIT:forget about the effect. on the players choice, he gets to kill 8 minifigs of his choice. even if its a hero.
Last edited by razgriz 25th inf. on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holy shit, I'm still here?

Tarren
Dimmy

Post by Tarren » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:20 pm

The almight benny of foodstuffs.

two orea cakesters mashed together.
For bringing awesome food to the game, or treating everyone to drinks.
Taking it apart to eat it, activating the: Everyones fat rule.
Basically all enemy figs cannot move, swing their weapons, or shoot their guns (unless it is a small pistol) for one turn.
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:50 pm

The Almighty Benny of Explosive Awesomeness. A trans-orange fire piece connected to a 2X2 trans-orange radar dish. Awarded for any awesomeness involving explosives (i.e. destroying a squad of infantry by detonating a bunch of explosive barrels, destroying an opponent's ammo-dump in a chain of explosions, leaping onto the enemy's heaviest tank and dropping a bomb down the main gun barrel) Can increase Explosives' damage or blast radius by 1D6.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:57 am

Now we're talking, these are starting to get good. Here are my thoughts as I'm refining the concept:

Two pieces attached to make it:
This should be something that looks good in a photograph. I'm not sure about the mashed Oreo cakesters.

Reasons for giving the Benny:
They'll be funnier if they're more specific. Bennies aren't organized into special classes that are awarded whenever some cool event fits a general pattern; each one is specifically hand-crafted in response to a specific and unique occurence. I'm hoping to come up with examples that really reflect this.

Ideal use:
The ideal use on the other hand can be more open-ended, since Bennies are pretty unlimited in their applications and I'd like to reflect that as well. "Ideally used for guitar solos" is a pretty sweet example. "Can increase explosive blast radius" is a cool idea but I don't want to give people the idea that they can dictate anything about how the Benny can or can't be used once they give it away.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:19 pm

The Almighty Nordic Benny:

Made up of a drumstick and a Viking helmet, this benny is awarded for pleasing the Viking Gods of old with your berserker's pure manhood. Best used on trips to Valhalla, or applied liberally to bacon.

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:11 pm

the almighty benny of flight.
made by putting a wing piece on a jet piece.
awarded when the player dose something random or funny with a viacle or minifigure in flight.
[/img]
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:12 am

If we're looking for specific examples, we should probably go back through the Brikwars site's archives and find actual historical examples from past games. Truth is stranger than anything we can make up.

Example: The Mighty Benny of Deconstructionism: awarded for using the local architecture as an offensive weapon.

(Image from BLOC's Death to the Pepsi Brotherhood game)

Pieces: A PBB Hammer attached to a severed minifig hand.
Ideal use: Damage rolls in attacks against structures.