Killing people bare-handed

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:38 am

No. You're not.

Also, you can legitimately kill someone bare-handed if you land some SERIOUSLY LUCKY SHOTS, like a sucker-punch to the temple, or dropping an elbow into a man's skull. Let's not forget our good buddy the curb stomp!

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:44 am

IVhorseman wrote:Also, you can legitimately kill someone bare-handed if you land some SERIOUSLY LUCKY SHOTS, like a sucker-punch to the temple, or dropping an elbow into a man's skull. Let's not forget our good buddy the curb stomp!
Yea, I don't think that's going to happen very easily with one shot.

Brikwars is mostly about one shot, one kill (or multiple kills in some cases). That's why whoever had this special power to deliver killing blows would need some serious abilities.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:05 pm

pretty much. I mean i guess you could bump the UR up to like... eight or something.

Massam
Dimmy

Post by Massam » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:08 pm

What if the target was knocked down by an explosion or because he bailed? You could curb-stomp him then.
everyone < massam

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:32 pm

Massam wrote:What if the target was knocked down by an explosion or because he bailed? You could curb-stomp him then.
Well, I would take that as a house rule. Added damage all turn long?

In this situation it would go like this with the added house rule of damage carries ALL turn:

The explosion happens and damages the minifig. You roll for damage and the minifig rolls for armor. You keep track every turn of how much damage a minifig can take before his armor is beaten, in this case we'll say he has two left over after the explosion. Now, using some house rule for unarmed attacks he would be able to damage the minifig for the last two damage and kill him.

But that's beside the point. We're getting into a whole new house rule with that.

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:45 pm

The Only People/Things That can Kill with Bare hands

My Little Ponies( Duh? )

Duct Tape( My Little Ponies' only competition )

Gordon Freeman( Although, he prefers to use a crowbar)

Mr T.( No explanation needed)

Master Chief ( Because he's cool like that )

Ninjas( Everyone loves ninjas)

Heroes

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Tue May 12, 2009 12:03 pm

if you included batman or superman (sorry marvel) in a brikwar how would they attack?

Fistfighting is the only think most superheroes are good for
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Wed May 13, 2009 1:15 am

Batman would be pretty useless in a BrikWar, since he has a thing against killing. Mostly his job is to let badguys beat him up so that he can secretly attach tracking devices to them. In BrikWars terms, of course, a Bat-tracking device gives the target a +6 modifier to be hit by attacks, but it's still pretty lame.

Superman on the other hand would have a whole pile of Super dice to play with, using the modified Supernatural Powers supplement for 2005. I figure he's pretty godlike, so he'd get something like 5d12 or so (+35cp) towards his Super Cliche of "He's fucking Superman."

A minifig punch normally does zero Damage, but once you add a couple of Super d12s to that, now you're talking business.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed May 13, 2009 1:19 am

wait... THAT is how SP works? How the hell was that so hard to figure out?

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Wed May 13, 2009 2:10 am

IVhorseman wrote:wait... THAT is how SP works? How the hell was that so hard to figure out?
When was SP hard to figure out? It's not the figuring stuff out that takes time, it's the formatting it into illustrated and examplified webpages. Hell, SP was figured out ages ago.
SP: No more complicated SP points and effect purchasing tables. Now you ust buy SP dice, with a CP cost equal to half their number of faces plus one. (E.g., +3cp per d4, +7cp per d12, etc.)

Each die may be used once per turn for instantaneous effects (i.e., a die used to boost Armor only protects against a single attack or grouped attack; it doesn't boost armor for the full turn), and the effects are strictly limited to the Super unit's Super Cliche.

Each die can be assigned to add or subtract inches or points to any one of the following: Range, Damage, Armor, Skill, Movement (full inches for regular movement, half inches for flight), and Effective Size (for lifting, throwing, or operating large objects). If d10s or d12s are assigned to Damage, it's always Explosion Damage; otherwise dice do standard Damage with no area effect.

(Old stuff that's no longer allowed: Area, Duration, Create/Uncreate Matter, Influence Thought, Lend Power, and Flexibility. Some parts of Telekinesis, Portal, and Know are special cases that can still work but don't get their own sections anymore.)

Dice may be rolled one at a time or in groups, according to preference; players don't have to decide in advance the total number of dice they plan to use for a given effect.

If used for an Action, each die used adds +1 to Use rating. Super units still get only one Action per turn.

THE FUN PART: Whenever a 1 is rolled, your opponent may immediately re-roll that die and use it to modify your effect however he wishes (range inches in the wrong direction being a common choice). If your opponent also rolls a 1, the die is wasted.
Last edited by Rayhawk on Wed May 13, 2009 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed May 13, 2009 2:13 am

See, what the hell, that is awesome.

I just remember sifting through pages and pages on the PDF and having to re-read everything a million times and I still didn't get it.

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Wed May 13, 2009 2:14 pm

dang, supernatural powers just got.. well... usable, and awesome.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Mon May 18, 2009 2:00 pm

Sorry, on my list I forgot to include the reanimated corpse of Freddy Mercury.

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:30 am

This* pretty much sums up what an unarmed minifig can do in Brikwars.

*Scroll down to strategy
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:55 am

NECRO!
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?