What do you do for damage to large nondeconstuctable vehicle

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Bluehawk2000
Officer

What do you do for damage to large nondeconstuctable vehicle

Post by Bluehawk2000 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:47 pm

What I mean is what do you do for a vehicle that can't easily be deconstructed or you don't want to because you might forget how to
put it back together. I've heard of some people using a hitpoint system put I don't know the specifics of it.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:47 pm

BrikWussy...
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Bluehawk2000
Officer

Post by Bluehawk2000 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:53 pm

I mean somthing like a really complex hardsuit. How much damage do the t-pins in most hardsuits take anyway.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:58 pm

Each part has 1 point of armor for each part/stud attached to the main structure.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:06 pm

Add fire bricks to it, and take off whatever you can. You may have taken forever building that tank, but taking off an antenna or a non-structural brick or two shouldn't be too hard.

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:38 pm

easy don't us it.
or us a modula system so you can replace the turret/gun/cockpit/legs/arms/body/head with pre-damaged ones.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:05 pm

tahthing wrote:easy don't us it.
or us a modula system so you can replace the turret/gun/cockpit/legs/arms/body/head with pre-damaged ones.
Yeah, I usually just detach the destroyed parts which are disposed in a modular-like way.

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:26 pm

Earlier today, in a battle using only old space LEGO I got at a garage sale (battle report will be up later), I spent hours building an Explorien flagship, and when it was destroyed in the first turn, I took much pleasure in smashing it to pulp with my fist.

Nothing is 'nondeconstructable'. If you don't think you'll enjoy ripping it to pieces, just leave it on the shelf.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.

Bluehawk2000
Officer

Post by Bluehawk2000 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:47 pm

I'm not too concerned as my army's units, for the most part, are old rainbow warrior stuff, really simple, or made in Lego Digital Designer. The only thing it really applies to is a futuristic gunship I built recently. I'm just asking in case this becomes needed in the future. Also does anyone know about the hitpoint system, I've heard about it somewhere but I don't think there is anything specific on the forums that I know of.

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:36 pm

doesn't anyone just take stuff outta play anymore,... if you like something or don't have time to rebuild something cool,... sure i say don't wreck it

Tarren
Dimmy

Post by Tarren » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:10 pm

Dr. X wrote:Earlier today, in a battle using only old space LEGO I got at a garage sale (battle report will be up later), I spent hours building an Explorien flagship, and when it was destroyed in the first turn, I took much pleasure in smashing it to pulp with my fist.

Nothing is 'nondeconstructable'. If you don't think you'll enjoy ripping it to pieces, just leave it on the shelf.
I concur.
I plan on having much fun using physics (dropping it) to take out an entire part of a battlefield with a crashing Republic Gunship this summer.
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:28 pm

giant poorly constucted sky ships ftw.
got to love the viking ship pieces make building massive crashable things easy and mashing thems enjoyable.
if you know you can rebuild something but don't have the heart get your opponent to.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:46 pm

I just do what I you do for minifigures: Give them just one armor value that is a bit higher and if they get that just leave it there with fire, unusable, or take it out of play. If it's a flying vehicle, place it on the battlefield, never able to fly again. If you have parts that you can take off, give them a smaller armor value and you can take those off and leave the rest.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:52 pm

Bluehawk2000 wrote:Also does anyone know about the hitpoint system, I've heard about it somewhere but I don't think there is anything specific on the forums that I know of.
That's because it's in the rulebook.

Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Post by Greenkey15 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:50 pm

You could just stick a pip on it for every level of structure damage.