Battle for the Unnamed Fortress

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Battle for the Unnamed Fortress

Post by Theblackdog » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:02 pm

After the Negaverse horde escaped my forces at the Battle of the Ark, their nefarious plan continued to unfold. They have arrived at a fortress defending a massive deposit of Astro-Binding Substance, and intend to use the ark to detonate the fort's main reactor and destroy the entire ABS mine.

My army; the troops are inside the vehicles. The flimsy and weak Command Truck has been replaced by a powerful and fast new hover tank. My brother and his friend have responded by constructing a massive hovering command center, but it didn't get to play a major role in this battle.

The interior of the fort, showing its defenses and layout. It's just the interior layout from Brikspace with a few extra features. The reactor room is in the bottom right corner; the bottom center room contains the control center for the fort's defense weapons -- two quad-MKII gun turrets. To win, my brother and his friend had to get the Ark of the Covenant into the reactor room, and use one of their four heroes to activate it.

My troops advance.

My Gunship tries to blow up the main turret of the Nega-Crawler (the enemy's largest ground unit, a full 16" long) but misses.

My heavy fighter then takes a shot at it. Despite being piloted by a hero who rolls a lucky series of critical successes on his "attack again" stupendous feats, all of its weapons missed.

My jump troops' flyer has more luck, downing an Imperial landing shuttle.

All of my other troops advance.

The Dropship's pilot and single passenger (the passenger is a Hero) climb out of the wreckage and set off towards the base. Good luck with that...

The Flying Sub closes in on my base. The Scout Trooper under the dome atop the vehicle is actually a Champion.

The Aero Booster's mecha detaches and grabs the tail fin of the Honda-Ziplok VTOL, attempting to pull it to the ground.

Success! It then uses its other claw to rip off an engine.

Since the crawler's gun turret used its action firing on the Gunship (not shown) it couldn't respond. I took advantage of this and deployed my jump troops onto the open aft section of the crawler. Four minifigs with heavy machine guns, plus one hero...

In the ensuing carnage, one Hero, one sniper, one bazooka trooper, and all but one of the other infantrymen were slaughtered. PWNT

The Gunship swerves around and eliminates the command vehicle. The command vehicle not only contained the Ark of the Covenant but also controlled all of the pilotless robotic vehicles (the Aero Booster and a couple of others) in the enemy fleet.

Unable to grasp the concept of moving the Ark to another vehicle to continue the assault, the Dimmies retreated and the battle ended with the fortress undamaged and most of my army intact.

jifel
Jaw-Jaw

Post by jifel » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:45 pm

Nice, large battle there, and a very nice Display of Forces there, TBD!

jifel
"And the angels of darkness descended upon pinions of fire and light...the great and terrible dark angels."

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:32 am

Thanks, but the large size presents a lot of problems. This is probably the last time we'll have an epic all-out war, it's just too much work to assemble and coordinate such huge armies.

jifel
Jaw-Jaw

Post by jifel » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:14 am

Theblackdog wrote:Thanks, but the large size presents a lot of problems. This is probably the last time we'll have an epic all-out war, it's just too much work to assemble and coordinate such huge armies.
Very true. When you have 10+ massive units, it gets a wee bit boring.

jifel
"And the angels of darkness descended upon pinions of fire and light...the great and terrible dark angels."

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:56 am

jifel wrote:
Theblackdog wrote:Thanks, but the large size presents a lot of problems. This is probably the last time we'll have an epic all-out war, it's just too much work to assemble and coordinate such huge armies.
Very true. When you have 10+ massive units, it gets a wee bit boring.

jifel
New poll coming.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"