Has anyone noticed...

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Should we have a standard way of posting Bonus Material?

Yes
48%
No, it is fine how it is
52%

Total votes: 23

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:54 am

NatalyaAF wrote: For one thing I hate how a 1 is always a critical failure and whatever you were doing went completely, whorribly wrong...
Said the person who ruined my beautiful plan in Jungle Rampage with a single critical failure. Sorry, I just had to point it out.

I was talking more about the weapons stats in your forum battles. I desperately want you to post those because balanced vehicle-weapons rules are hard to come by, and yours seemed to work really well. Elmagnifico's ruleset has a system where certain units are vulnerable to certain weapons (e.g. Stalkers/lightning guns) which is why I wanted his rule set.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:39 am

You tried to shoot an assault rifle down the barrel of a tank. How else was it supposed to go wrong? I mean I had absolutely nothing to work with there...

Umm for vehicles I just gave the Vostoks and MiG II's size 6 construction ratings with I think structure level II armour and went with it since that was easy to remember. For the tanks, I never calculated anything except cannon strength. I instead just treated them as big objects with certain armour levels and shooting at a tank was like shooting at a rock formation except you knew how strong it was.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

cmetal
Nice Dubs

Post by cmetal » Fri May 08, 2009 8:16 pm

Amending the official rules/adding a page for extra weapons/armor/blah would be great, but the overlord can't do that, there could be a sticky in this forum that lists the best stats or ones that the community has voted most for. Or something. I have no idea.
Still too awesome for an avatar and a real signature.

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Fri May 08, 2009 8:26 pm

uh, actually, the overlord can do that. he does it all the time. well, not all the time, but every now and then.