Yes
69%
No (state why)
31%

Total votes: 16

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:19 am

I find them balanced enough, the 2001 weapons, but then again I don't use cp so that may be a reason.

and also: you have a space cannon which is better than the "rambo" gun in every way (range, damage, movement penalty) but you still give it the same cp, and you call that fair???
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Post by Greenkey15 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:47 am

Rody wrote:I find them balanced enough, the 2001 weapons, but then again I don't use cp so that may be a reason.

and also: you have a space cannon which is better than the "rambo" gun in every way (range, damage, movement penalty) but you still give it the same cp, and you call that fair???
That's why I'm working on adding TekLevels to the game, and working on other gun attributes. The main difference between the two is that one is automatic, and the other is not. The Rambo Gun is mainly to be used by one person against a large amount of others, and the Space Cannon is mainly serves the purpose of the other versions' rifles- anti light vehicle.

Keep in mind that these weapons are just examples for the main attraction, the Weapons Modification Chart. You don't even have to use these guns, they are just an option if you like one of them. I'm revising the table, and should be close to finished. This is more of an optional rule, like the 2001 rules were full of.

Bob Jett
Nice Dubs

Rulebook

Post by Bob Jett » Sat May 02, 2009 3:05 pm

I really like the 2001 rulebook a lot more than the 2005 one. I mean, the 2005 could be a bit more complex...

Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Post by Greenkey15 » Sat May 02, 2009 8:59 pm

Exactly. I'd rather have a fun and complex game than a simple and monotonous game, like the current one is. BTW, you should try the 1998 rules. If you can't find it, a quick Google search will.

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Sat May 02, 2009 9:44 pm

ah yes, the 1998 rules. best described as a mix between 2001 and 2005, with the best qualities of both.

Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Post by Greenkey15 » Sat May 02, 2009 10:13 pm

I'm working on a less scary version of the weapons table, BTW. Here's the new WMC:

Range: +1cp per 2” of Range

Damage: +1cp per 2 points of damage 1d6: +2cp 1d10: +4cp

UR: -1cp per +1 UR

MP: -1cp per 1” MP

1 or 2 handed: -2cp for every “handedness” added.

Automatic: 2cp, IVhorseman’s Rules

Slow Fire: -1cp Pistols, -2 cp Rifles

Stun/Not Stun: -1cp stun, +1cp selective

KnockBack: 1cp per 2”

Accurate: +1cp, -1 UR, cannot be Automatic

Scoped: +1cp, -1 UR penalties, This combined with Accurate can be used to make a Sniper Rifle

Anti-Pants: -3 cp, does not do anything but replace the legs of any unit with yellow (or brown or peach, depending on the minifig) legs with a black or white middle piece.

TekLevel: -2 cp for each additonal TekLevel, Pesgores' Rules

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Sun May 03, 2009 4:40 pm

Greenkey15 wrote:Anti-Pants: -3 cp, does not do anything but replace the legs of any unit with yellow (or brown or peach, depending on the minifig) legs with a black or white middle piece.
yeah... because it makes so much sense to send your troops to battle without their trousers.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Post by Greenkey15 » Sun May 03, 2009 5:11 pm

It's an Anti-Ominous Grey Pants with Nobody Inside Them weapon. If you don't understand, read the 1998 rules.

Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Post by Greenkey15 » Tue May 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Double Post/Necro!

Range: +1cp per 2” of Range

Damage: +1cp per 2 points of damage 1d6: +2cp 1d10: +4cp

UR: -1cp per +1 UR

MP: -1cp per 1” MP

Inches: -2cp for every inch added for ranged weapons, +1 for close combat weapons.

Automatic: 2cp, IVhorseman’s Rules

Slow Fire: -1cp Pistols, -2 cp Rifles and CC weapons

Stun/Not Stun: -1cp stun, +1cp selective (not available to CC weapons).

KnockBack: 1cp per 2”

Accurate: +1cp, -1 UR, cannot be Automatic

Scoped: +1cp, -1 UR penalties, This combined with Accurate can be used to make a Sniper Rifle (Not available for CC weapons)

Anti-Pants: -3 cp, does not do anything but replace the legs of any unit with yellow (or brown or peach, depending on the minifig) legs with a black or white middle piece.

TekLevel: -2 cp for each additonal TekLevel, Pesgores' Rules

Silenced: +1 cp, does not count as an action that gives a stealthed unit's position away, cannot be automatic, -1' range (CC weapons automatically silenced, -1 cp if not silenced)

Is this any less scary? I think a lot of people were scared of the large, scary tables of examples. (When I looked at it again, I was too.) This way, people who like the regular guns can use those, and people who don't like me can make their own. That way you have more options. Should I make a new thread, or just admit defeat and crawl away back to my cave. Your choice!

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Tue May 26, 2009 11:21 pm

Greenkey15 wrote:I'd rather have a fun and complex game than a simple and monotonous game, like the current one is.
The monotony of BrikWars is inversely proportional to your own creativity

More rules are simply an imagination substitute for people who like rolling weird die

Some day I'm going to have a BrikWar with no pencils, paper, calculators, or even die. Everything will be decided by rock/paper/scissors
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Wed May 27, 2009 3:42 am

Who needs rock/paper/scissors? Just fudge it!