Southern Ontario II

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Tue May 12, 2009 7:38 am

Actually my parents went to the cops. When they found out i had taken the 40$,the Cop we were talking to said "Good job,keep it and go buy something." I was shocked. The mugger guy looked pretty pissed. He He.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Tue May 12, 2009 1:39 pm

501stCadians wrote:Actually my parents went to the cops. When they found out i had taken the 40$,the Cop we were talking to said "Good job,keep it and go buy something." I was shocked. The mugger guy looked pretty pissed. He He.
And that was fair. Finally some good sense among our world!
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue May 12, 2009 2:36 pm

I'd say that wasn't fair, and a judge probably would agree with me. No due process = no justice for anyone.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Tue May 12, 2009 4:29 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Woah, hold on, Tamagochi was just about the coolest thing in the world back in 1996. I had one, all my friends had them, and all the 5th grade girls had em. Life was good.
I never said they weren't "cool". I just said they were stupid. Something, ie an electrionic pet, can be in style, hip, and all-that, and still be stupid. The two are not mutually exclusive, and some would say quite the opposite.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue May 12, 2009 5:03 pm

I didn't say it was in style or hip (even though it was). I'm saying that first thing in the morning, I would wake up and immediately check on my Tamogachi to make sure he hadn't crapped all over everything or starved to death while I was asleep. You know why? Because that little guy was totally sweet, and kicked ass.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue May 12, 2009 11:55 pm

Hey what I want y'all to do is find gaming places near you or wherever they would let us do tabletop gaming so that we will have a place to fight. I know a place in Peterborough, Eyeball Soup, but that's kinda out of your way Blitzen.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Wed May 13, 2009 12:41 am

NatalyaAF wrote:I'd say that wasn't fair, and a judge probably would agree with me. No due process = no justice for anyone.
Well sure, ask a judge whether we need judges and it's not hard to predict the answer. Ask somebody on a BrikWars forum about having a discerning eye for situations where a rule can be fudged, vs. a too-strict adherence to the law, and you may get a different answer. Individual cops have a lot of legal prerogative about deciding which crimes to devote their time to and which can be safely ignored, and I think that's for the good.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Wed May 13, 2009 2:49 pm

Iunno it just sounded like "an eye for an eye" you know?
  ▲
▲ ▲

ROU Big Stick
Battlefield General

Post by ROU Big Stick » Wed May 13, 2009 2:54 pm

NatalyaAF wrote:Iunno it just sounded like "an eye for an eye" you know?[/color]
You do realize the original meaning of that phrase is not "retributive punishment is fine and dandy" but "let the punishment fit the crime", right? Traditionally, you would take a life for an eye.
"It looks," she snickered, "like a dildo."
"That's appropriate," said the drone. "Armed, it can fuck entire solar systems."

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Wed May 13, 2009 2:56 pm

Err, more in Ghandi's view;

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
  ▲
▲ ▲

ROU Big Stick
Battlefield General

Post by ROU Big Stick » Wed May 13, 2009 3:02 pm

NatalyaAF wrote:Err, more in Ghandi's view;

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
Well, it's based on a poor understanding of the original. Also, the man had his blind spots - read up on the way he felt about black Africans.

I agree it's kind of skeezy, but there are about a hundred other things for that officer to handle besides a guy getting the tables turned on him. It's not a perfect world, and sometimes 'justice' is whatever the guy with the gun and badge says it is.
"It looks," she snickered, "like a dildo."
"That's appropriate," said the drone. "Armed, it can fuck entire solar systems."

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Wed May 13, 2009 9:06 pm

the tamagotchi thing was to try to coney caring about stuff,. like you would a kid,.. you raise a tamagothic nurse it, etc etc,.. you do the same with kids,.. (gimmie that big stretch for conversation please) so would you let somebody threaten your tamagotci,.. hell no so what would you let your kids goo see people you barley knew far away,...etc etc

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Wed May 13, 2009 9:13 pm

My tamagochi knows karate and isn't easily enticed by sugary treats.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Thu May 14, 2009 4:04 pm

When one of my brothers was in grade 5-ish, everyone had the Digimon pets. I wanted one so badly.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Thu May 14, 2009 10:00 pm

My tamagochi knows karate and isn't easily enticed by sugary treats.
So you mean your tamagotchis, or my comment about protective parenting,...?