Yet More Scenarios

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Bennanteno
Officer

Yet More Scenarios

Post by Bennanteno » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:10 am

Didn't want to be a thread necromancer and post in one of the old scenario threads.
A scenario Idea
The Haunter of the Dark
Based on the short story of the same name by H.P. Lovecraft.
Setting
The setting is Providence, Rhode Island in the 1920s. Thanks to a violent storm, the power has gone out tonight.. The Church of Starry Wisdom has taken this opportunity to summon the Haunter of the Dark.
Factions
The Townsfolk: Your mission is to survive until the power company restores power to the town. The townsfolk begin the game spread around the town, and have everything from pitchforks and torches to shotguns. Many are unarmed.
The Cultists: Your mission is to cause mayhem and provide sacrifices to the Haunter. The cultists begin the game in their massive stone church, and all of them are armed.
The Police: You must stop this mayhem! Any civilians engaging in violent behavior are to be arrested or shot on sight! The majority of the police are at the station house, but a few are patrolling street corners. All the police have a club, handcuffs, and a pistol. The station house has shotguns, tommyguns, and BARs.
The Monstrosity Itself
There is no physical model to represent the haunter. Each turn any figure in a non lighted area must roll a 4 or higher on a skill roll to survive. If they fail they are gruesomely disfigured and killed by the Haunter. Add 1 to the roll if the figure is a cultist. The Haunter cannot enter lighted areas.
Lights
Since the haunter cannot enter a lighted area, lights are very important.
Candles illuminate a 2" radius.
Torches illuminate a 6" radius.
Lanterns illuminate an 8" radius.
Flashlights illuminate a 12" by 6" cone.
Last edited by Bennanteno on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:25 am

If I were playing as a civilian, my first move would be to fill the upstairs bathtub with water and destroy the staircase of my house. I have no idea if this would actually help me survive the haunter, but at least I wouldn't have to worry about zombies.

Seriously though, this is an awesome scenario and I think it would be equally fun to play as any of the three factions. In fact, I think I might actually play this one some time this Summer.

Here are a few suggested modifications/additions:

The Haunter must feed at least once every turn to stay active. The cultists should probably go last in the turn order for this reason. If the haunter hasn't killed anyone yet that turn, then the cultists must sacrifice someone. It can be anyone from any of the three factions, so they can even use one of their own in a pinch. If the Haunter goes a full turn without feeding, then it will not come back until someone is sacrificed. If it goes three full turns without killing anyone, the game ends. The cultists win when all of the other townsfolk have been consumed.

The civilians just need to survive until the Haunter is gone. Since the cultists are coming after them, they will need weapons and supplies. There is a gun store and a general store in the town, but if they raid either, then the police will come after them. In addition, they can choose to raid the police station, forcing the police to defend themselves. The civilians have a kickass priest who has been thrown in jail for possession charges. The priest is their one hero, and is the only unit who is completely immune to the Haunter, adding a little extra incentive to raid the police station.

The police are trying to keep the civilians under control, but they are also trying to kill or capture the cultists. They lose if the priest is not in custody by the end of the game.

This way, each faction has motivation to attack the other factions.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Bennanteno
Officer

Post by Bennanteno » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:06 am

The priest would be a cool addition.
Here's the Original Story.
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Haunter_of_the_Dark

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:52 am

yes. the cultists might even want to use the rules presented in the 'capturing other units' thread for easy sacrifices.

Moose
Hero

Post by Moose » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:21 pm

Sounds very cool so far

Bennanteno
Officer

Post by Bennanteno » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:13 pm

Anyone else have any scenario ideas?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:20 pm

Well, after someone set of an idea in my head I have been thinking of a hostage extraction or siege/negotiation gone wrong assault scenario. I've begun construction on the building. Some sort of Die Hard Nakatomi Corporate building thingy. The idea is still pretty lose.

Bennanteno
Officer

Post by Bennanteno » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:39 pm

How about...
Scientology Assault
After the failure of the latest Scientologist plot to overthrow the US government, the President has had enough. The Supreme Court rules that Scientology is no longer a religion, and is instead a threat to democracy. Across the USA, scientology centers are raided by crack police and federal government squads, in some places meeting with fanatical resistance.
Setting
A Scientologist center in any city. A building which could include an "auditing" center, dormitories, an assembly hall, a cafeteria, an armory, and a vault full of tax exempt riches. The building has been surrounded by the local police, the FBI, and the IRS. Inside the building are many Scientologists of varying levels of commitment. The die hard Scientologists will use the others as hostages.
Factions
Scientologists: Defend your sacred ground from the vile minions of the Macrab Confederacy! A Billion Years for L Ron Hubbard! These hollow shells the servants of Xenu call bodies are of no use to us, human life has no value. You have pistols, shotguns, rifles, and a good supply of illegal explosives.
Police: These whack jobs have crossed the line! Get in there, neutralize those psychos, rescue the hostages, and bring order to chaos! You have pistols, rifles, shot guns, and bullet proof vests.
FBI: Scientology is complete bull****, but people around the world believe in it. Obviously mind control is involved. Seize any documents you can get your hands on, papers, CDs, the whole shebang. Maybe we can find out how they spin horrible science fiction into holy books for thousands. You have assault rifles, pistols, rifles, snipers, shotguns, a helicopter, bullet proof vests, etc.
IRS: Now that it's not a religion, Scientology technically owes years of back taxes on it's billions of dollars in revenues. Get in there and grab as much money as you can. You don't give a damn about hostages. You are armed with pistols, rifles, shotguns, and various vehicles.
Some Rules
The Scientologists may kill hostages at will.
The Police and FBI should try to rescue as many hostages as possible.
The Police, FBI, and IRS are allied, although factional bickering is expected.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:42 am

Nessie's revenge

June 26, 1932

Something is moving beneath the water...

This thing, angered by the construction of a marina over it's favorite cove, has decided to take out the man responsible for the marina. Colonel Fredrich Von Glau of the Piltogg party, who is staying in the town Aimensbouch. Unfortunately, the thing has trampled several civilians in it's attack.

Setting
The town of Aimensbouch. has several buildings, including a general store, a police station, and the docks.

factions:

nessie: A huge beast with massive armor, but low movement. Nessie's single goal is to kill Von Glau, regardless of who gets in the way. Nessie wins when Von Glau is killed. nessie has a number of hitpionts, and when that number reaches one, nessie must retun to the water.

Nazis: These sickos want to kill nessie, and any townsperson that attacks them. they win if their officer, Von grau is allive when nessie is forced into the water. they start with a truck, pistols, rifles, a machine gun, and some explosives.

Townies: They're sick and tired of all this shit that's been going on. they want to get the Piltogg's out of there town, and kill that damn monster. they have lots of people, but no heroes and a limited number of weapons, all in the police station. they win when A: the nazis are all ead, or be: when the monster in dead. Not gone, but dead.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Bennanteno
Officer

Post by Bennanteno » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Wasn't that how the Demoman's parents died?

ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Post by ahp77 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:15 pm

The Noob Ninjas

6/6/2K9

A new place has been discovered. Before the pioneers could document the place, they found it was infested with noob ninjas.

Setting

http://www.roblox.com/Item.aspx?ID=473243

Factions

Noob ninjas: They're apprentice ninjas who escaped their dojos at ~8 years old. They act as though they're eight, but their ages range from 15 to 63. There are five of them running rampant with Grappling Bows (which cannot hurt people), Shuriken (which also allow them to scale walls at 3" per round, w/ no hands occupied), and Katanas of Certain Death (when hit, 50% chance of being blown off the map). They win when they get all of the enemies killed while the said enemies are helpless. They start w/ two at the top and three at the bottom dojo. They count as regular minifigs.

Pioneers: These are minifigs hired by the government to map the area. They are armed with paper, pens, clubs, and paddles. They start along the river and win when they either a) take over a dojo and map 80% of the map, or b) take both dojos and map 50%, or map the entire battlefield.

Masters of the Dojo: These are the people who are pissed at the Noob Ninjas for running away. Their only goal is to beat the crap out of the noobs/make them commit suicide. While they are on the field, one more noob ninja will appear every two turns. There are two of them on the field. Taking a dojo will call reinforcements, adding 3 more of them.

Inspired by the server I just played at on roblox.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:03 pm

friday the 13, 2012. the citizens of miami sleep quietly till 1201 hours. half the population has been transformed into bloodthursty mutants. the military comes in to save the city only to figure out it was a virus and have half of them have the same fate. terrorists relesed the virus and are out to kill the remnants of the survivors.

mutants: kill everything. period. they can bite and transfer the virus.

civilians: exit the city, or get the virus immunity needles. they can be armed with anything from a pan to a rocket launchers

military: kill all terrorists. they are armed with assault rifles, pistols, shotguns, and knifes. they have gas masks and the whole nine yards

terrorists: same as mutants. kill everything. armed with assault rifles, pistols, virus injection needles, knifes, shotguns, and virus immunity injection needles(for themselves)
Holy shit, I'm still here?

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:51 pm

Bennanteno wrote:Wasn't that how the Demoman's parents died?

Maybe... maybe... I have yet to meet one who can outsmart Nessie.
BFenix wrote:

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:16 pm

You know, the haunter will be my new forum battle, coming wednsday.
BFenix wrote:

Bennanteno
Officer

Post by Bennanteno » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:36 pm

Great. How many players will there be?