Carnage(With Pictures!)

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:50 pm

pesgores wrote:
No.

ACTUALLY IT'S VERY FUCKING SIMPLE: THIS BATTLEFIELD WAS GREAT AND BRILLIANT AND I WISH I COULD PLAY ON IT THOUGH IT STILL NEEDS BASEPLATES FOR EVEN MORE AWESOMENESS.

Got it :?:
no.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:12 pm

tahthing wrote:
pesgores wrote:
No.

ACTUALLY IT'S VERY FUCKING SIMPLE: THIS BATTLEFIELD WAS GREAT AND BRILLIANT AND I WISH I COULD PLAY ON IT THOUGH IT STILL NEEDS BASEPLATES FOR EVEN MORE AWESOMENESS.

no.
Great. Thanks for your attention.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:57 am

pesgores wrote:
tahthing wrote:
pesgores wrote:
No.

no.
Great. Thanks for your attention.
no

pesgores - at least he makes his own creations - most of yours are straight out of sets like cafe corner
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:23 am

That's sort of what I was trying to say. If you're a vehicle builder, generally you buy bricks. Pesgores is a wargamer first, so he can afford baseplates, but baseplates cost $10-15 on Bricklink and I'm more interested in buying stuff to build vehicles with, so I don't buy them.
Also, if you look at the battlefield, Zipps had a bunch of buildings which were set at different angles, which you can't do if your entire field is carpeted with baseplates.
Finally, I would like to point out that the best terrain builder I have ever known does not use baseplates.
Keith Goldman wrote: Don’t be a slave to the base-plate. No base-plates were used in the construction of this MOC. Free yourself from the creative tyranny of the Lego overlords who would limit your greatness! Now go out and kill KILL KILL!

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:51 am

couldn't of argued better myself
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:53 am

*Klunk!* Warheads jaw hits computer desk. His face frozen in the expression of Fuckmethisisawesome!

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:28 am

Check out the Omicron Weekend. That's my dream battlefield.

tahthing

Post by tahthing » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:20 pm

when building flooring for a smallish thing i normally use SNOT since that allows finner details and thinner lines as well as saveing on tiles.

i recently set out a brikwar on my desk using baseplates, i then set one out with out baseplates, i must say that the senery looked better without the base plates but i had to base my minifigs.

baseplates:
PROS:
minifigs need stands
flying stands don't need bases
stops pesgores from saying "needs baseplates"

CONS:
expencive if you don't have them
can put you in the habbit of using them in small scenes and display baseing.
minifigs have to ether face one way,stand on one leg or have a stand.

stands are easy to make (4x4/2x2), so there are more CONS than PROS.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Theblackdog wrote:That's sort of what I was trying to say. If you're a vehicle builder, generally you buy bricks. Pesgores is a wargamer first, so he can afford baseplates, but baseplates cost $10-15 on Bricklink and I'm more interested in buying stuff to build vehicles with, so I don't buy them.
Also, if you look at the battlefield, Zipps had a bunch of buildings which were set at different angles, which you can't do if your entire field is carpeted with baseplates.
Finally, I would like to point out that the best terrain builder I have ever known does not use baseplates.
Keith Goldman wrote: Don’t be a slave to the base-plate. No base-plates were used in the construction of this MOC. Free yourself from the creative tyranny of the Lego overlords who would limit your greatness! Now go out and kill KILL KILL!
He uses plates. The effect is the same, though it's even harder.

Also, I said Baseplates were good for BrikWars, didn't talk about MOCs.

For the ▲th time, IT IS WICKED AWESOME AND I LOVE IT BUT IT STILL NEEDS BASEPLATES
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:42 pm

God - someone add this to his wiki page

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:45 pm

The Wiki needs baseplates.

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:48 pm

Thats it - according to a poll the forumer want to do a battle of the religions - i was going to give you a place as yourself(the triangluar pope in his pope outfit) now you just earned yourself the special ability to use baseplates

tahthing

Post by tahthing » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:13 pm

for display porpose i use SNOT flooring since plates are harder to get than bricks, also SNOT allows for finner lines on roads and stuff.
bet that you base plate lover.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:22 am

RJ wrote:God - someone add this to his wiki page
Fixed.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:31 am

Lol for on-topicness inside the off-topic:

Yesterday I bought 7 used baseplates at a LEGO event in Portugal. Some cheap, some not so cheap, but I spent around 30€ in 7 baseplates. 32x32, all of them. I guess it was a very good deal. Expect to see them in my new battles.