No votes
HK416
No votes

Total votes: 8

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

paintball and airsoft

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:29 pm

i don't know if you knew, but my new avatar is an incredebly pimped out X7 paintball gun. any players? i also enjoy airsoft.

EDIT: revival can NOT be denied!
Last edited by razgriz 25th inf. on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Holy shit, I'm still here?

Strana
Dimmy

Post by Strana » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:30 am

personally I've been meaning to play airsoft for some time, just havnt even though i have a full weapons loadout.
DARN
Heavy Destroyer Class Carrier Hybrid HODGEPODGE
# odds and ends: a motley assortment of things
# patchwork: a theory or argument made up of miscellaneous or incongruous ideas

Hevyneon
Hero

Post by Hevyneon » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:34 am

Airsoft looks fun, but I lack the funds to pursue such a hobby.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:43 am

Is it to me or are Nerf guns clearly superior to airsoft/paintball/laser tag?

here's my reasoning: yes, it's nowhere near as "cool" as taking a solid black gun and shooting several tiny plastic beads into your friend at 200 rounds per minute. Nerf guns often misfire, darts can be easily dodged, you have to pick up your ammo, and the guns aren't realistic and are painted in glaring yellow and purple.

Now take a step back and think about it: are airsoft guns really that cool? Fact of the matter is, you're playing pretend with a bunch of plastic guns and shooting at eachother.

Now we go back to Nerf guns. They're not trying to be realistic. They know exactly what they are: gigantic oversized foam darts that stick to walls. In this sense, Nerf guns are inherently hilarious. They can be fired indoors without fear of breaking things, it's a whole lot harder to lose your ammunition after it's fired, and Nerf guns tend to be cartoonish versions of real guns. You're not playing pretend anymore. You're just hitting someone with a comically-large foam dart. Hilarious indeed.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:44 am

I do love Nerf/rubber band/plastic ball gun fights, but it's hard to have extreme awesome when you can't shoot past 30 feet with some of the guns.

I've never played paintball or airsoft, but I probably will play paintball this summer for the first time.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:52 am

I built a Lego six-shooter once. It's easier than you think.

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:45 am

your new name is 'Mr. Relevant'

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:07 am

I built a automatically reloading gun out of legos that my brother hated (I find him annoying so that makes it even). it shot fairly large pieces too. and had a 30 round magazine on top. I may remake it in the future, possible with some design improvements.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

superdave
Hero

Re: paintball and airsoft

Post by superdave » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:22 am

razgriz 25th inf. wrote:incredebly pimped out X7
"Pimped out" or "customized?"

I play paintball- it's a lot of fun. I shoot a mostly-stock Tippmann A5 with double trigger and J&J ceramic barrel. It fits my playstyle (aggressive marksman/communicator/impoverished) and can take a lot of punishment and still fire accurately.

It looks like you play a lot of woods/scenario ball- ever played speed/hyperball?

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:53 am

OneEye589 wrote:I do love Nerf/rubber band/plastic ball gun fights, but it's hard to have extreme awesome when you can't shoot past 30 feet with some of the guns.
Which forces you to get up-close and personal with your opponent, which is coincidentally close enough to call each other names and shout cheesy one-liners.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:31 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Is it to me or are Nerf guns clearly superior to airsoft/paintball/laser tag?

here's my reasoning: yes, it's nowhere near as "cool" as taking a solid black gun and shooting several tiny plastic beads into your friend at 200 rounds per minute. Nerf guns often misfire, darts can be easily dodged, you have to pick up your ammo, and the guns aren't realistic and are painted in glaring yellow and purple.

Now take a step back and think about it: are airsoft guns really that cool? Fact of the matter is, you're playing pretend with a bunch of plastic guns and shooting at eachother.

Now we go back to Nerf guns. They're not trying to be realistic. They know exactly what they are: gigantic oversized foam darts that stick to walls. In this sense, Nerf guns are inherently hilarious. They can be fired indoors without fear of breaking things, it's a whole lot harder to lose your ammunition after it's fired, and Nerf guns tend to be cartoonish versions of real guns. You're not playing pretend anymore. You're just hitting someone with a comically-large foam dart. Hilarious indeed.
no, airsoft guns are cool. while yes, i will ocasionally take part in nerf battles, i say that airsoft and paintball are better

but yeah, i play paintball with a SP-1 with ajustible stock and automatic firing board. i only have airsoft guns for target practice, and in some cases, the annoying neighbor dog. i have a spring g36c rifle, and one of those mini mp5 guns http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4 ... AA280_.jpg
Holy shit, I'm still here?

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:47 pm

razgriz 25th inf. wrote:no, airsoft guns are cool.

See, if you ask me, this is just trying way, way too hard to look cool. You're trying to hide the fact that you're playing with toys.

As opposed to

where you know for a fact that you look like a dork, but you're okay with that.

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:53 pm

Fun story: my brother was going to buy me that gun for Manly Santa Day, but my parents wouldn't let him.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:58 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
OneEye589 wrote:I do love Nerf/rubber band/plastic ball gun fights, but it's hard to have extreme awesome when you can't shoot past 30 feet with some of the guns.
Which forces you to get up-close and personal with your opponent, which is coincidentally close enough to call each other names and shout cheesy one-liners.
Yea, but I enjoy a nice stealth game as well. I live in a very woods-y area and everyone around here goes hunting so plenty of people have gilly-suits and whatnot. I do enjoy Nerf fights, but sneaking around in the woods like your in a real war with paintball guns is fun, too.

I don't enjoy airsoft guns much as they are very dangerous and I think people don't realize it as much as they should. You could shoot someone's eye out.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:05 pm

OneEye589 wrote:You could shoot someone's eye out.
Actually one of my roommates got his eye shot out by a paintball when he was 13. He has a glass eye, but it's non-removable unfortunately.

OneEye, does yours come out or not? I don't remember if you ever said. If it does, is it awesome y/y?